[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post worst bosses in history of gaming. There are regular enemies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

Post worst bosses in history of gaming. There are regular enemies who are more threatening than her what a fucking waste of time.
>>
Now she'll kill you on your next playthrough.
>>
>>
>>389247078
There's that elder demon in DS3 that you can kill very very easily just by equipping a shortbow. Same story for Dancer and a few others, equip shortbow, roll and shoot to win. EZPZ bosses dead inside a couple minutes.
>>
in regards to souls, nothing tops pinwheel
>>
>>389248149
High Lord Wolnir got to be the worst boss ever.
I ran in and hacked away at his golden bracelets and he was defeated in 30 seconds without using a single attack at me wtf
>>
>>389247078
The problem with her is the same problem that pinwheel had: They stuck her too late in the game. Pinwheel, if fought early, can be pretty dangerous. The witch, if fought early, can be pretty hard because her big explosions and grabs can 1 hit and her minions aren't piss easy.

They're fine mechanically but placed in the game at the wrong points.
>>
>>389247078
she is one of From Software's puzzle bosses
fun and interesting to figure out the first time, but makes replaying it annoying because once you have the gimmick figured out, it isn't even a fight anymore

there are a few like this throughout all their souls games, I'd argue the worst is Bed of Chaos because it's a crapshoot whether the physics sweep you into pits even after you know how the fight goes, and the most boring would be Dragon God from DeS
>>
File: images (27).jpg (35KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
35KB, 511x288px
Name a worse boss
Protip : you can't
>>
i stopped playing past the part where you first get to the sewers
>>
>>389248338
In interviews after the game came out, Miyazaki said that Pinwheel is as strong as he is meant to be....the problem is that the catacombs leading up to him are much tougher than they should be, so people put off pinwheel until after the lordvessel, when he is a boss whose stats are based around the idea of the player going down there before Anor Londo
>>
>>389247078
Lore boss, a brainlet wouldn't understand
>>
>>389247262
>spends every turn aiming
>just move out of the way so he never actually shoots
Wooooow!

The Assassin is a cunt though. She doesn't deal much damage so she's not much of a threat on her own, but fighting her and a bunch of regular enemies at the same time is a fucking headache.
>>
>>389248776
>when he is a boss whose stats are based around the idea of the player going down there before Anor Londo

They should have known that the game has no fucking quest markings to tell the player where to go next they basically left you to wander around like a neckless chicken. Either way a starting a lowlevel build with shit weapons can kill Pinwheel rather easily and if you wanted to beat him faster just imbued the weapon with fire.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v1X5F0d58I
>>
dragon god
armor spider
phalanx
storm king
firesage
the bed of chaos
ceaseless discharge
chariot
skeleton lords
rat vanguard
mytha the derivative queen
covetous demon
old iron cuck
vendrick
twin dragonriders
prowling magus and congregation band
giant camera angles
ancient dragon
aldia
graverobber trio
what if we made the smelter demon blue?
lud and zallen
micolash (the worst boss in the series)
one reborn
hemwick witches
celestial emissary
rom
like half the chalice dungeon bosses
living failures
Laurence of the fiery aoe's
>>
>>389249390
Crystal sage
Deacons of the deep
Wolnir
Yhorm
Ancient Wyvern
Halflight
>>
>>389249390
>>389249574
While I agree with some of these, a lot of these seem to be "if its not a traditional rolling simulator its bad". Which seems to be a common mindset now which is kinda sad since the best bosses in DeS were the "gimmick" ones.
>>
>>389248597
>Pinwheel, if fought early, can be pretty dangerous.
Not really, I regularly go down to the Catacombs to bitchslap Pinwheel's ass whenever I start a new playthrough.
>>
>>389247262
He's obviously designed around forcing you into vulnerable positions, but most players are too cautious to be fighting him and pods at the same time.
>>
File: 1502820413888.png (42KB, 500x633px) Image search: [Google]
1502820413888.png
42KB, 500x633px
>>389248776
That's a lie. I once went into the catacombs just after undead parish and still beat his ass before he could get a real attack off. He's a joke, the wheel skellies are the real bosses
>>
>>389249390

>Dragon God
I mean, I guess...

>Armor Spider
Okay hold on...

>Phalanx
Okay, now I know you don't know what you're talking about.

Phalanx was a great first, proper boss. It taught you some very important skills for progressing through the rest of the game like keeping an awareness of your surroundings (it becomes very difficult if you let the mooks surround you) and also that exploiting enemies weaknesses is key to success (Phalanx is resistant to the ordinary weapons you're probably using but it very weak to fire, time to use the oil you found earlier). Its function was to teach the player about the game and it did it very well.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.