[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with pic related as Empire? I think I've got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

How do I deal with pic related as Empire?
I think I've got a pretty great composition against Chaos, but Norsca gives me hell with their overabundant monsters.
I can still win the battles, but tend to take pretty horrendous losses.

What I'm running mostly is Lord, Wizard/(optional Empire Captain) ~3-4 units of Greatswords, 4 Halbediers, 2 Swordsmen, 2 Demigryph halberds, 4 Handgunners, 2 Great Cannons.
They often bring armies with 3 Mammoths, a giant or two and some monstrous infantry, it's basically impossible to stop them before they hit my infantry line.
So I was thinking about redoing my army composition, taking say:
>Lord
>Wizard
>6 halberds
>4 Handgunners
>3 Greatswords/Swordsmen
>2 Cannons
>3 demigryph halberds

What do you guys think?
>>
I'm terrible at this game, how do I do anything with orcs? :(
>>
>>389243796
Come to think of it I'm not sure if I'm not overdoing it with the AP.
>>
>>389243796
Sounds pretty good.
Depending on your play style, go for either a bright wizard, for taking down regenerating enemies, Amber wizard to buff your halberdiers up, or light wizard to net enemies for more ranged pounding and for that unbreakable buff.
If you find your handgunners underperforming, swap one out for a Luminark
>>
>>389244020

Send a goblin unit to sponge enemy ranged until your heavy hitters reach their lines, against dwarves remember that you have cav, they dont. So spread them out, flank then hammer & anvil.
>>
>>389244051
I kinda have one of each in different armies, plus one Earth wizard I got from the starting quest.
>>
>>389244051
Luminark is buggy as shit though, no?>>389244193
>>
>>389244439
I think they patched it recently to be more accurate and have a higher rate of Fire
>>
>>389243796
>Let me tell you about carthage
>>
>>389244592
No more obstructed then? Gotta check it out when I get home.
>>
Try some other arty in custom batllr to break monsters and switch them instead of two other melee.
>>
>>389244193
sounds pretty good. I saw orc cavarly have armor piercing and dwarves are really big on armor, that might be the key
>>
>>389244020
If you're playing against AI, you can bait them really easily with hidden units.
If you do it right, you can hide most of your forces in one area with a single bait unit, then have another bait unit on the other side of the map, preferably a wolf/spider rider.
9/10 the Dwarf AI will split their army in two, letting you utterly gangrape both halve individually.
You can use similar tactics to bait their ranged units out of defending their siege weapons.

Use skulkers in early game, then squigs.
Trolls are only useful as flankers, since their morale is terrible.
Your goblin cavalry will fold against any Dwarf unit outside a siege weapon, but they can still be useful for tying up ranged units and shattering broken ones.
If you have Grimgor, or the Krimson Killas, point them at your most dangerous enemy unit and watch it die.
Doom divers don't have armour piercing, but they will still rack up twice as many kills as a rock lobba because of their accuracy.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.