[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me one good reason why you should play team based game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 15

File: 1450562050872.png (294KB, 935x352px) Image search: [Google]
1450562050872.png
294KB, 935x352px
Give me one good reason why you should play team based game with randoms.
>>
This only happens in moba where the game literally makes you develop denning krugger syndronme.

I play CS:GO from time to time and always people use mics and play in team.
>>
I have no friends but I find a team based game fun
I've stopped caring about a meaningless rank
>>
>>389240676
Because this game is very competitive. But not competitive enough that most people would put on effort to form balanced amateur teams to prove that htey're good. That would prove that youre good. But since people don't do that, and party mmr is very likely just an indication on how hard you got carried, the most accurate indication of skill is your solo mmr.

Also people play solo because they want to prove they can win solo, which is harder than winning with a party most of the time ,and you need a certain skillset for it that's different from playing as 5
>>
The trick is to not give a shit about MMR, and instead play to fuck around and have fun. Try dumb strategies, just enjoy yourself. If you think the singular goal of a game is to win, you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>389240676
>team based game with randoms
so why solo mmr exists finally ? to prove you are able to carry with retarded picks and play most of the time selfishly ?
>>
>>389240676
Why not? It's funny, it actually gives playerbase to the game, you don't need to wait for that "i'll be here in 5 minutes" frietard, who went into shop and disappeared for 5 years. Sometimes randoms even know, how to play. Rarely they know, how to play and not suck. Still better, than nothing.
>>
>>389240778
It's less about rank and more about how you try your best to win but your allies don't, they just want to do whatever they want, which defeats the purpose of playing a team game.

i.e. I tried out Paladins the other day and lo and behold even with big "no frontline" and "no support" banners slapped in your face people still pick the snipers. Why? Because they just want to snipe and if they lose they can just blame the team.
>>
Game itself is fun and well designed. Randoms aren't even as bad as people exeggerate them to be. If you've stopped having fun and playing it just to win matches then you should probably take a break.
>>
>>389241919
This.
I litteraly quit Paladins due to the "everybody is a dps flanker and lol what is an objective" mentality
>>
>>389240778
You're the kind of nig that says this but rages the most.
>>
>>389242001
Losing generally means you're not having fun (if you think losing is fun there is something wrong with you).
If you don't care, then you're not even really trying.
A tight match between equally skilled players can be fun, but that kind of match is extremely rare. More often than not your allies sperg out, does something retarded or intentionally ruins the game.
>>
>>389242064
You know literally nothing about me other than two short sentences I posted on an anonymous forum
>>
>>389240676
Dota is one of the very few games where you can solo win the game as long as enemy team doesn't gangrape you all the time.
>>
>>389242045
>I litteraly quit Paladins due to the "everybody is a dps flanker and lol what is an objective" mentality

Another problem with paladins is how in objective based modes people spend more time looking at objectives at range than actually taking objectives,
>>
Long time Dota/Dota 2 player here. There are really only two kinds of people playing the game. The people who want to win and the people you pray get put on the other team. I haven't had someone claim they play Dota 2 for fun in a while. Because getting your ass beat for an hour before watching your throne explode isn't fun for anyone. It is a bit sad how important the matchmaking is to the outcome. Two people with the exact same MMR could be at very different skill levels. You might ask, well why is the better player not at a higher MMR. Because half the time, those two players are on the same team.

Dota 2 in a nutshell.
>>
>>389242297
>enemy PA/sniper/whatever is 8/0 @ 14 minutes
>your supports can't even get defensive items and get raped every minutes
>le ebin push
>defeat
>>
>>389240676
Because playing with friends turns them into raging faggots.
The only way to win is to not play
>>
>>389242404
>blaming supports
>being this much of a shitter

wew
>>
>>389242297
>Dota is one of the very few games where you can solo win the game as long as enemy team doesn't gangrape you all the time.

If your team feeds it doesn't matter if you get all the CS onthe planet. Maybe in the memeback days, but that is toned down now.
>>
>>389242146
When I said having fun I didn't mean do not try to win. What I think of having fun is just playing the game, trying your best to win. If the outcome of the match is loss, while I'd ofc be sad, I't doesn't necessarily mean I didn't have fun trying.
>>
>>389242470
well the opposite works too
>carry can get his items at a reasonable time
>zero map awareness
>blame supports
>>
File: cat fish.jpg (30KB, 417x280px) Image search: [Google]
cat fish.jpg
30KB, 417x280px
>>389242469
>my friends are normally really chill
>turn into screeching autists while playing shit with me unless it's 1v1 or only us without strangers

God damn it you're right.
>>
File: LAUGHING WITCHES.jpg (89KB, 531x307px) Image search: [Google]
LAUGHING WITCHES.jpg
89KB, 531x307px
>>389240676
Because if you have half a functional brain you don't care about winning but about playing a good game.
>inb4 b-but MOBAs are trash
It's not what OP is asking, don't try to move the goalposts, faggots.
>>
>>389242146
I can still try my best and have enjoyed the match even if it was a loss.You can't force players to be good,that's the whole point of ranks so that bad players can still have fun with bad players and the good ones also get equivalent matches.But no,people think is all about climbing that ladder because they never deserve the rank they are in
You sound just like those redneck states' team coach that makes something so meaningless of a competition into the Olympics.It's fucking numbers on a screen,nobody will remember this in 10 years
>>
File: 1458600856880.jpg (148KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458600856880.jpg
148KB, 768x1024px
>Enjoy Paladins and DOTA 2
>Playerbase is full of F2P kiddies who don't know anything about the mechanics
>Spend 90% of the time getting raped due to this
>Uninstall
I don't know if it's the casuals or just general stupidity lately. But I grew up on CS 1.6 and Halo 2 etc. They never seemed to have communities anywhere near the level of stupidity that plagues online games lately.
>>
>>389242374
thing with dota is that winning gives you orgasm, i dont know any other game that can give you such feeling when you win
but when you lose its like your gf left you

its only fun when you win
>>
>>389242374
more like any nucompetitive game in a nutshell

It really is antagonic how many of these serious games that leave nothing to RNG becomes a gamble due to matchmaking.That's why I believe these competitive mode should force you to only play them in fully stacked team so you know what you're getting paired with.
Or better just play competitive games that are 1 on 1
>>
>>389240772
Is misuse of Dunning–Kruger effect the new "Its a skinnerbox"
>>
>>389242594
If you don't realize the frustration of losing because your team is barely trying to win or having a fit over petty stuff like one guy calling another guy a doodoo head then you haven't played a lot of these types of games.
>>
>>389242761
>gamble

That's exactly what matchmaking is. It's equivalent to getting a good starting hand in Poker. Sure, you can maybe win with 10 5 but being dealt A A means you're going to win without trying. Matchmaking is stupid.
>>
>>389241000

Thats the scrub excuse. If you are bad just say you play for 'fun'.
>>
>>389242735
>thing with dota is that winning gives you orgasm, i dont know any other game that can give you such feeling when you win

Because every single match is like climbing mount everest. The entire game and 9 other players are out to get you, so if you win after 1h of struggle you feel like you conqured the world.
>>
>>389242618
>Paladins and DOTA 2
>CS 1.6 and Halo 2
guess one thing all of these games two games have different from each other.matchmaking rank modes.
Funny how in the years where the mentality is "at least you tried your best" we get these teens playing these gaming pointing at one another their guilt for the loss.These faggots need to be better losers.Fair game or not
>>
I enjoy doter 2 just because of the voice chat
You get all this oogy boogy messages of people telling you to shut down voicechat and that only russians and plenkins use it to screech cyka, but it's actually pretty fun talking and jabbering about random shit with random people.

The immense fun of talking about which waifu is the best while dominating the enemy team has no comparison to any other game.
>>
>>389242964
I don't need to desperately try and prove myself to you, anon. I do just fine, but I enjoy my games much more than you.
>>
>>389243021
Do you watch Arnis by any chance?
>>
>>389242886
If you don't realize how stupid it is to get frustrated over a random match number 174.230.782 in a """"competitive"""" mode in a video game and still sign up for match 174.230.783 with the same mentality,you need to learn how to better spend your time and energy with stuff you actually enjoy
>>
>>389242581
Losing in moba games is not fun though. They are shit games.
>>
>>389240676
>play with randoms
>have a chance of some random fucker fucking your game up
>have a chance to meet nice people who just want to win like you
>play with 4 friends
>friends randomly throw because of stupid shit
>sometimes your shit friends play carry roles and do nothing
I like both
>>
>>389243114
no
>>
>>389240676
Sticking with randoms won't change even if you play with your friends, instead you'll just chimp out on them and make excuses when you shit the bed. Modern team-based games are designed to minimize personal responsibility allowing you and other low-skillers like you to blame others and external factors for your failures and shortcomings.
I mean you see the same shit on /v/ all the time:
>Class ----- is broken!
>I consistently carry, but we lose anyways due to -----.
>Some shitty random, cost us the match, but I consistently do well!
>Someone picked -----, and it was a bad choice that cost us the game!
>My character, -----, is too underpowered and I'm unable to win with him... the developers are costing me wins!
>>
>>389243049

>i know for a fact i enjoy my games much more than you

thats not possible my low elo friend
>>
>>389242404
>>389242547
1k btw
>>
>>389243128
>If you don't realize how stupid it is to get frustrated over a random match number 174.230.782 in a """"competitive"""" mode i

Frustration is a natural human reaction to trying your best but losing. It gets even worse when you're not the sole factor. You can improve yourself but you have no control over the people you're matched with. If they feel like buying battlefury on CM and just farm the jungle all game there is nothing you can do about it.
Pretending that it shouldn't be frustrating is the mark of a person that doesn't try.

Then again, having a more cynical outlook is generally better than trying to stay positive. If you already expect everyone to be retarded it's harder to get annoyed by it when they turn out to be precisely that.
>>
>>389240676
1500 solo mmr here

should i kill myself?
>>
>complaining that you can't carry your team
Pathetic. I thought you guys were good at video games. I'm already 5400 mmr.
>>
Give me one good reason to judge your self-worth by your mmr.
>>
>>389243250
But I do. I enjoy myself regardless of if I win or lose. You can't handle losing, because you've convinced yourself you need to win to justify you spending your time on videogames.
>>
>>389243193
What you don't seem to understand that many factors lead up to a loss.
Bad picks, mistakes in-game, etc.
All problems together is what resulted in the loss, but fixating on one or two of them is generally dumb. Unless those fuckups were massive.
>>
File: 113.gif (1000KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
113.gif
1000KB, 500x280px
>defeat
>tired and angry
>victory
>tired and angry
>>
>>389243476
Why would you play games just to lose? Why would you do anything just to fail?

Wanting to win and succeed isn't something negative.
>>
My biggest problem with these kinds of games is when you know like 10 minutes into a match that you've lose, but you have to ride it out for the next 15-40 minutes or else you get sent to some punishment pool.
>>
These two faggots
>>389243368
>>389243378
Are the case in point why this shitty model of competitive games will never work. MMR is just the new e-penis showcase parade,it isn't about playing good games with players your level,it's just about showing how much of a big boy with your big points you are.
I can tell you faggots rather have a stomping 99/01 match,to your side of course,than a fair and close 50/50 one.
>>
>>389240676
to watch a meltdown drom the inside
when I played moba that's what I used to do
->oin randoms
>start to play as a support
>nothing too fancy, just be a decent player
>watch the other lanes doing shit
>of course the enemy will end up ganging our asses with several levels
>everyone start to blame everyone
>it's my turn of course, how dare I not being able to 100-0 in two seconds
>awnser ":)" or "xD"
it's glorious
>>
>>389243561
Life is about the journey, not the destination. I don't play to lose, but I don't play to win either. I play to maximize my enjoyment, and my enjoyment comes regardless wether I win or not.
>>
>>389243561
I'm not saying wanting to win is bad; I'm saying equating your self-worth to your success rate is bad. I love to do well, but I don't get angry when I lose, or feel like the match was pointless.
>>
>reinstall dota to play with friend because im lonely as fuck
>ragequit before 10minutes
seriously at least league has some form of balance dota is just fucking trash and what the fuck is that UI since they added talents
>>
I'd rather play Russian roulette with my family than play a single game of Monopoly with your faggots,holy shit it's high school all over again over this thread
>>
Have 5k hours and been to 6k solo. Played shitton when I was what I would now call depressed. MMR is pretty much just another dopamine trap to people and because its teambased theres so much more variables and it becomes very much like gambling. Also when you have absolutely nothing to do in life yea getting good at something sounds good right? So why not a popular video game? Doesnt really matter what MMR you are you can get stuck into this state. And it goes so far that you just stop playing with your friends because "well it doesnt give me solo mmr that is obviously waste of my time".

Now I've been clean for a good year and while I still sink awfully lot of time into video games I've been able to experience so much more of them and weekends no more go into 10 hour Dota sessions. I also got into the same loop with Overwatch but I just couldnt take that game seriously enough.
>>
>Playing MOBAs
>>
File: Ganon lion.jpg (15KB, 245x276px) Image search: [Google]
Ganon lion.jpg
15KB, 245x276px
>>389243887
>league has some form of balance dota is just fucking trash
Look at this brainlet
>>
>>389240772
During my silver rank days, I was having the most miserable time of my life queueing up solo. Nothing but turks and slavs or whatever
>>
Anyone who says "don't care about winning, care about enjoying a game" has a fucking DEAD competitive spirit.

Beta male
>>
>>389244219
>1 vs 9
>competitive
>>
>>389243502
The point is that the OP asked why he should play with randoms because (according to his picture) everyone random was a retard that would dump his MMR.
I told him to stick with randoms because his behaviors and tendencies won't change when he plays a closed team -- he'll just instead blame his "friends" and continue blaming external factors instead of evaluating his own play or accepting his loss. MOBAs (and the most popular games such as CS/Overwatch/PUBG) produce an environment where people can claim every victory and use excuses to minimize loss without taking personal responsibility.
>>
>>389244219
>tryhard and win at life
>dick around and play games for fun
>>
>>389244219
>getting his competitive spirit from a fucking video game competitive mode that reward nothing but a shinny rank to him
yup,high ranks in games like LoL are sure filled to the lid with alpha male specimens
>>
>>389240772
You can carry in csgo. In mobas you're only as good as the shittest person in your team.
>>
>>389244219
>needing +15 MMR to justify the way you spend your time
>>
>Win game
>Feels neutral, man

>Lose game
>Fuck, I'm bad at this

This is why I don't play ranked.
>>
>>389244219
Videogames aren't good competitive activities. The rely on internet connectivity, and even the MOST competitive videogames with the most established metagames and years of legacy play are can be cracked by fresh novices in months at a international play level.
This is why people laugh at e-sports.
You can be primped from childhood to play a sport, love that sport, and still be the worst person in your highschool after 10+ years of play because you lack skill and talent.
>>
>>389243835
thats what a loser would say
>>
>>389240676
ive been playing dota 2 since closed beta 1.
i have never touched ranked in any way. all i do is play single draft.
i have no desire to go ranked. and single draft has been the most pleasant experience for me ever.
no retards, no russians, no peruvians or brazillians. only shill people.
>>
>>389244885
>and even the MOST competitive videogames with the most established metagames and years of legacy play are can be cracked by fresh novices in months at a international play level.
Yeah I'd like an example of this happening in dota 2
>>
>>389243887
dont know if baiting or actual retard
but wouldnt surprise me since lol attracts these casual degenerates that dont know jack shit
>>
File: 1484945311158.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1484945311158.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>haha le I'm da MVP and my team is retarded retards lmao
Every time.
>>
>>389245115
Is there a rookie that plays at an international level?
There are probably tons.
You'll never find this in sports unless the rookie has played amateur for literally thousands of hours first.
>>
>>389240676
>Try to play team based game with a group beforehand when you have no friends that're into that game
>everyone is too beta and has a million excuses that let them refuse because they are worried about being judged harshly for their skills and shit talked

Run into this the most with people from /vg/ and /v/. They'll talk mad shit about how good they are, or at least heavily imply it with how much shit they'll talk about pubs, but never show it in person.
>>
>>389240772
>solo queue and get teamed up with a 4 stack of Russians
>despite being in the same party to play together, they instantly fight over hero and lane picks, leaving us with very awkward lanes
>the guy who was planning to go mid went to off lane with me instead, and it quickly turned out that he was the only competent player of the four
>got first blood with the dude, then just kept zoning out their carry
>then suddenly safe lane and mid overextend at the same time and die horribly, only to run straight back to the lane and die again
>I start roaming to try and help them out, they quickly get pissed at me for not diving behind the first tower
>they spend the rest of the game just feeding until we lose

That one dude on their team, he was a good Nyx. I hope he found some better friends to play with. Also, Nyx/Abbadon lane is weird as fuck.
>>
>>389241000
Thats how you get banned
>>
>>389245159
1 retard in team is usually enough to get wrecked.
>>
File: 1504502745242.gif (103KB, 458x438px) Image search: [Google]
1504502745242.gif
103KB, 458x438px
>>389245221
>I'd like an example
>There are probably tons
>>
File: 1314029520391[2].jpg (32KB, 417x407px) Image search: [Google]
1314029520391[2].jpg
32KB, 417x407px
>>389245313
>get pissed at me for not diving behind the first tower
I fucking hate this.
>pick BH for roam
>go to easy lane
>"GO KILL"
>"he's behind the tower, let him push the lane a little"
>"NO GO KILL"
>'there is no point of diving behind T1"
>"REPORT FUCK U NOOB"
>>
>>389242297
You can carry your team during the early/mid game hoping your teammates will eventually stop being useless but if by lategame they still have no impact you aren't going to win.
>>
>>389245381
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Miracle-
Here you go. Rookie of the year 2016 is a paid professional international player.
>>
File: malcolm.gif (2MB, 352x240px) Image search: [Google]
malcolm.gif
2MB, 352x240px
>>389245313
>play with friends
>pick nyx
>friends wants to trilane with warlock, nyx and naga
>warlock is the pos1 carry
>our weaver goes mid vs skywrath
>>
>>389245586
>miracle
>""""""rookie""""""

Just because he didn't play a lot in competitive doesn't change the fact that he played a metric fuckton of Dota and had one of the highest MMRs in the game before that.
>>
>>389243668
nah i'd actually prefer the 50/50 game desu
>>
>bitching about team based competitive games when you can just play brood war
guess you'll never be gosu
>>
>>389245878
Micromanagement is for autists.
>>
>>389243561
To me, it's about getting better. Win or lose doesn't make that much of a difference. If I did my best and still lost, then I have something to work with, and that's great.

That goes even more so in non team games. Nothing gives me greater joy than finding an opponent in a fighting game that's just slightly better than me. Absolutely crushing someone in any game is no fun what so ever. What kind of frail and insecure person would you have to be to take pleasure in that?
>>
>>389240676
Always going for higher MMR is bad. You want to take breaks in between. Randoms is when you want to experiment.
>>
>>389245817
The highest MMR in EU or some zone actually, which he achieved in his first year as an amateur -- 2015. After that point he went pro for the 2016 season and got rookie of the year as a professional.
>>
>>389245686
>warlock is the pos1 carry

I've met some players like that, and I hate them. I can even see that trilane working to some degree, you undoubtedly have plenty of disables to keep them from getting away, but why in the fuck would Warlock be 1?
>>
>>389245916
>mobashitter calling ANYTHING autistic
>>
>>389246187
I don't play mobas.
>>
>>389241000
Losing isn't fun tho, and you get banned in most competitive games if you try out nonsensical builds just for the sake of it.
>>
>>389240676
To become like Gregor.
>>
File: 383952075[2].jpg (727KB, 3500x2557px) Image search: [Google]
383952075[2].jpg
727KB, 3500x2557px
>>389246884
>you get banned in most competitive games
>>
>>389246949
Which is true. Try full AD Veigar in LoL or Dagon Riki mid and see how far you go without a warning for "intentionally feeding" or "trolling".

I am not even going to mention the shitheap that is OW.
>>
>>389247070
I'm instapicking forest legion for three months straight and still nothing.
>>
>>389247070
I love reading /v/ bullshit themselves.
>>
>>389247228
That's established scrub material, like any jungler pick in DOTA, but not considered trolling just subpar in high ELO.

>>389247276
Great argument friend. I actually got a warning for playing AP Trynda 2 years ago, but some random anon saying "I love reading /v/ bullshit themselves." is sure to change my mind
>>
>>389247451
It's not an argument you stupid fuck. I'm not arguing with someone that are so deluded they're trying to convince others that it isn't their fault they suck - it's the powers that be.

It's funny but hardly original. Muh MMR trench. Muh bant for non optimal pick.
>>
>>389247070
>Dagon Riki mid
There's no way you'd get banned for this.
>>
File: 1401304175521.jpg (153KB, 1190x906px) Image search: [Google]
1401304175521.jpg
153KB, 1190x906px
>>389247642
Nigger what the fuck are you talking about? Do you have reading comprehension? Are you unable to read a reply chain?

Some retard said that winning isn't that big a deal and that you should try to do your own wacky thing for the LULZ and I said that losing isn't fun that trying your own wacky thing for LULZ can get you banned, followed by your autistic screeching over shit nobody mentioned.

Seek help
>>
>>389247896
I'm not saying do wacky stuff for the lulz, I'm saying don't lose sleep over the meta and your win/lose ratio. Do whatever you enjoy the most. If you have the most fun playing sub-optimally, do that. I see it more like choosing a low-tier character you love over a high-tier character you dislike. You're going to have much more fun using someone you enjoy using, and at the day of the day you're playing for entertainment. You're not playing for money, so stop limiting yourself so heavily and stop expecting others to do the same.
>>
>>389240676
So I can wipe that little bitch who blamed the loss on everyone else when I face him instead next game/s.

Feels better than just winning.
>>
>>389246049
Refresher aghs ult twenty mins babyyyyy
>>
>>389247070
Riki mid is baller.
Dagon is crazy good on him. Eblade also? Agility for auto attacks in between the guy you mutilated with your dagon combo woooo baby.
>>
>>389248623
>>389247885
Haven't played in a long time, so maybe the example was a bad one. S&Y Io carry a better one?
>>
>>389248481
I agree that build can be a lot of fun, but it doesn't always work out and every time it doesn't work you're making life shitty for your teammates.
>>
i dropped to 4.4k from 4.7k for the 3rd time in a row now, i honestly dont know what the point is in playing anymore, i guess the good games that you get once in a while that are really close make it worth it but 95% of the games are complete stomps or ruined by 1 account buying retard.
>>
>been diamond several seasons in a row
>get really bad placements in the new season, im talking leavers in 6/10 games
>get put in gold

Fucking end me. In duo queue my rank is plat and i carried a fucking silver to platinum with me.
>>
>>389246032
He started playing dota in 2009 when he was 12.

Source: the biography linked on that teamliquid page
>>
>>389242146
you must realy hate fighting games
>>
>>389242735
The lows in dota are really low. But the highs feel FUCKING GOOD. I can still remember insanely good matches from months ago. Best feeling is beating people who were flaming you and had a massive lead.
>>
>>389248721
Carry IO is actually sorta viable. So no.
>>
>>389243668
But MMR isn't just a number dendi. It is a legitimate indicator of how good you are at winning games. If I play with my 1-2k MMR friends the game feels completely different to playing with my 5k friends. It's not even the same game anymore.
>>
>>389245115
Cmon man, GH won the first ti he ever attended.
>>
>>389240676
Matchmaking is cancerous. In old vidya you had ~32 people in a server of varying skill levels and games were more evenly balanced through random shuffles than I've ever seen in a matchmade game.
Bring back custom servers and save competitive vidya.
>>
>>389242146
Do you honestly find it fun to destroy blatantly less-skilled players? A fair fight is always more fun, regardless of the result
>>
>>389251115
you forgot one very important part. When you have to search for servers you gave a fuck about trying to play good since you wanna be part of the server community.

Best example is TF2. Even when someone was bad people in the server try to teach them and didnt get too mad about people new to the game.

Nowdays since you will never see someoen again you can be a cunt and play like shit while talking shit to everybody
>>
>used to play a shitton of mobas
>recently move to fighting games
>everything is your fault because you're a retard
>tfw no teammates to blame
I think these games with teammates would be a lot more fun on LAN. You wouldn't be talking half as much shit if you were sitting right next to your teammates.
>>
>>389251115
>>389251342
It was the exact same shit. You're mistaking your nostalgia for facts.
>>
>>389250850
>It is a legitimate indicator of how good you are at winning games

A measurement of games won/lost, absolutely - But when the skill ceiling is as low as it typically is with most team games that use matchmaking in the first place, it is a poor indication of skill level.

inb4 the gamblers fallacy is used as an argument
>>
>>389240676
forces you to actually git gud, because face it man if youre on a team your getting carried even if you say you arent
>>
>>389249454
Okay, here you go then:
>>389250991
Anyways, you could comb through the professional and start picking out novices if you want, but fact of the matter is it doesn't happen in sports.
>>
>>389251703
He already replied to me, but thanks for the extra (you) I guess
>>
>take away a whole amount of skill and replace it with teamplay
>self skill must then be replaced by leadership
>the most efficient way to lead a group of random literally whos is by being charming and correct with decisions, encouraging people and whatnot and pointing out mistakes (you first) that were made

So in terms I sort of understand DotA2, but I don't understand League.
How are you meant to lead with text? Why would a team game not have VOIP?
>>
>>389253378
You could always try shouting really loudly and hope for a response.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.