[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know it's kind of old news but holy shit this makes m

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 12

File: ffxv-176808.jpg (219KB, 655x380px) Image search: [Google]
ffxv-176808.jpg
219KB, 655x380px
I know it's kind of old news but holy shit this makes me so sad, such wasted potential
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dms58hFsz74
>>
>>389240404
Sad!
>>
>>389240626
It is, game could've been so much more
>>
>>389241030
>game could've been so much more
That sentence applies to so many games these days.
>>
So what exactly went wrong with FFXV?
>>
>>389241312
True that, but FFXV seems like a perfect example for it because everything went wrong.
>>
>>389241419
What didn't?

>>389241443
Couldn't agree more.
>>
>>389240404
It just shows that they went too hard on quantity over quality.
They could've easily made the first area and duscae way smaller and ahve less empty space and instead make a 3rd or even 4th era with a different setting.
The game has a dew decent dungeons ,but aside from that it's just huge brown or green space with a few gas station or huts here and there.
It's Wrong Priorities The Game
>>
>>389240404
> Exploring ALL of Niflheim

Why bother when there is nothing there to be found?
>>
>>389241419
Too much
>>
>>389241419
It was fucked over from the beginning and got worse every year it was in development
>>
>>389241984
Pretty much this
>>
>>389240404
>all those "they didn't have enough time ;(" comments
They had 3 - 3 1/2 years and tons of characters designs and the world design etc was already there.
They had 3+ years to make all this, it just shows that they had no idea what they were doing. Leide and Duscae were just big for the sake of being big and then they forgot that they don't know how to fill it with content. People act like all that shit would've been amazing, but it's literally just more empty space.
The game has way bigger problems than more space to walk around in. Pretty much no endgame content, no optional summons at all, all those story and character expostion problems etc.
>>
>>389242185
>all those story and character expostion problems etc.
Such as?
>>
>>389240404
>modern square
>open world
>>
>>389241981
All those people are just samefagging. XV is literally perfect and those trailer scenes were all Nomura and his fanboys fault.
t. XV-kun
>>
>>389242296
Such as the shit the devs basicly admit themself? Important things happen offscreen. Some of the more important characters at least according to the devs have almost no screentime like Luna and Ardyn even though the devs say they have SOO much story but might not add any of it because Tabata loves teasing shit and contradicting himself. Then the fact that they turned the whole invasion into a movie instead of either making it a shock moment in the game so you get to play it later or get flashbacks or actually make it a playable prolouge like it was meant to be ad would've made me care a lot more about my fucking kingdom and Regis.
Do you even need to ask? You guys are way too soft on this shit, I hope this trend won't continue to just shit out halfassed early access FFs and add in 10% after relase via updates or DLC
>>
meanwhile Overwatch is using every single asset they can.
>>
>>389241981
Imagine if that fag crowbcat ever made a video on xv
You just know that xv-kun would be in the comments section going super autist 3 trying to defend the game harder than he ever has before
>>
to this day

every time I see a screenshot of this group, I cannot fathom the choice to have them designed they way they are

shall we make a road trip ff game

okay

what should the characters look/dress like?

all black leather with emo hair and start them off in a desert environment so it completely clashes with everything

greenlight it

you know every FF game logo reveal shot has an incredible background and you can tell just from the logo/back that the game is going to be a grand adventure filled with magic and wonder, pure jap weaboo madness

yeah

shall we make the ff15 logo reveal that has been hyped for over 10 years be a bland sand desert with nothing but two lamp posts leaning to one side and just really, really bad draw distance to make it look as horrid and dull as possible?

yes, green light it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyZ5D81z2qA

pause it on 6:40

10 YEARS. IT REALLY. REALLY. MAKES ME THINK.
>>
File: versus.jpg (2MB, 3500x5500px) Image search: [Google]
versus.jpg
2MB, 3500x5500px
>>389242525
You misunderstand, I'm with you. I just wanted to hear your POV.

And yes, people are way too soft with this game. I don't think FF has a good future. Just look at FFVIIR.
>>
>>389242767
B-b-but Stand By Me and Florence and The Machine? Doesn't t-that scream FF to you?
>>
>>389242854
Why the hell did they chose that fucking song ?
>>
>>389240404
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2LoilRls9w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4shMRiKzE_s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aiy-t0opeKI
They really shouldn't have made the other areas so huge, maybe it would've left them with more time. It's their own fault honestly
>>
>>389243009
Probably because of that Stand By Me movie. Western pop music like that doesn't fit in FF and sticks out like a sore thumb. It just came off as normie pandering.
>>
>>389242767
>shall we make a road trip ff game
It was actually just a "road movie" story at first, not necessarily just a road trip
>all black leather
That was due to roen designing them like that
>>
File: 1471586580253.jpg (49KB, 636x506px) Image search: [Google]
1471586580253.jpg
49KB, 636x506px
>>389242791
Sorry
Shit is just fucked, they could've made a totally new FF with more focus and a clear vision in thost 3-4 years instead of making half a game and teasing the other half while never releasing any of it. Even the DLC episodes are not important at all, they're just filler stuff and i doubt Ignis will be different
>>
>>389242854
You know what the worst bit is?

It's an okay idea, but poorly executed, that song, used with the right cut scene or environment, COULD of worked to some degree in FF. but the way they did it in XV completely backfired. all the fun of pushing a car down a hot desert but in a video game! and all this """"witty""" banta between characters I've never met and being forced to care about!

such wasted potential
>>
>>389243150
>Even the DLC episodes are not important at all, they're just filler stuff and i doubt Ignis will be different
It's sad that actual character development is only found in the DLC, anime and the Assassin's Creed festival. Just look at link related. Imagine if we saw Prompto act like this during the journey?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc1nJvoJ_9s

>>389243172
I think the open world fucked this game over. It's clear that spent most of the time on that and didn't use it to make a good story.
>>
>>389242748
Maybe we should ask him to just so we can see that shitshow.
>>
>>389243172
They could've just used one of the tracks from the soundtrack instead.
Stand By Me just randomly plays in the background for like 40 seconds and it cuts off because noone wants to push any longer than that.
And then there're even fanboys who think that shit is super deep and that SBM lyrics totally represent the games plot and shit.

Shame about the actual OST, it's pretty good for the most part but the way they use most tracks is horrible.
>>
>>389243336
open world meme has ruined gaming

MGSV

skyrim/gta 5 are to blaim, more GTA 5 from the amount of bank it made, but it wasn't rockstar's fault. the only game which should be open world, is GTA. that didn't meant that every developer had to jump onto the open world meme, so many fucking causalities because people want to make open world everything when it has no place to be open world. why can't there be a compromise ? why can't we get giant levels but boxed off, loads to explore, ACTUAL level design
>>
>>389242748
He is in the comment section of too many XV videos already, even shit with like 1000 views.
The guy literally cant ignore a single criticism against the game even on YT or twitter even if it's not his conversation and he doesn't even know the people.
Even the official XV gamefags board is against him.
>>
Why didn't they just cancel Versus at that point of 2011?
>>
>>389243501
MGSV had the same problems as FFXV.

I agree, open world only works with games like GTA where you can make your own fun. FFXV's open world is boring because all you can do is walk around it and pick up the glowing dots. It's filler and a waste of time.
>>
>>389241419

A lot of things, but the biggest problem is the story. Watch an animated miniseries, watch a shitty movie, and play all the DLC to fill in the gaps in the story. Fuck anyone who doesn't think this game is worse than XIII.
>>
I wish people wouldn't blame Nomura. SE is at fault. They constantly assigned people working on Versus to work on other titles.
>>
>>389243604
I love how game devs can't find a sweet spot

They either pull a ff13 and make a linear corridor game

or they just go full empty free roam ff15

jesus christ no wonder they have no idea what to give us. This all makes me very interested in the next FF game, who fucking knows what they'll go for. Open world again, corridor, mix of both?
>>
>>389243602
Square has made some of the worst decisions ever since the HD era.
Also they probably knew that there was a lot of interest and hype surrounding V13 and it proved to be true in 2013. But ever since then the dev team and the director made some really dumb decisions and some of the worst interviews ever, promising things too early or contradicting themself.
The game sold mostly on hype from a never released game and trailers and brand name
>>
>>389243696
Too late already. He'll be forever the 10 years game guy.
Most people just don't see more than the furface and believe some dumb YT news more than actual interviews
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 235x260px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 235x260px
>>389243679
>"Dude! Didn't you watch the anime, movie and read the novella? Why do you expect the story served to you on a silver platter!"

That's the problem! How can they not see this?
>>
>>389242791
>future
>VII R
Remaking old games by making them mediocre action games?
>>
>>389243562
Jesus Christ. I'm surprised those websites don't ban him. I mean, we know why it's harder to ban him here due to no accounts. Though all his clicking probably brings in revenue for them.
>>
>>389243602
They literally had nothing else for xv
Versus was still in pre-development thanks to CT fucking everything up and having to build Ebony on the fly and getting the game running on that engine.
Since there was still a bunch of anticipation for versus and the fact they considered turning versus into xv before, they just decided to do it
>>
>>389243734
FFXII was a good middle ground.

>>389243812
Luckily KH3 already looks leagues better. Imagine if we got XV like that?
>>
>>389243840
He's already banned from Neogaf. No idea how he survived this long on gamefags
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bju6gLggRo

6:29

8:08

9:29

Say what you will about this game, but this shit looks next gen/has more FF like areas then FFXV dreamed of having.
>>
>>389243734
I hope the next game will just be a slightly bigger Dragon's Dogma or just have multiple big hubs like FFXIV which works just fine especially when it leads to more enviroment variety than just big brown and big green.
I don't get why they make it so huge when aside from 3-4 dungeons there're only fetch quests and the post game contnet is a fucking platforming dungeon.
All the out of bound content would just add even more shit that the devs don't know how to fill with content.
>>
>>389244123
XV went way too overboard on the "realism". It's like 20% fantasy 80% realism and there're even people who defend all the empty space in the desert because dude it's realistic.
It's not like shit has to happen or pop up every 10 seconds, but XV ust just quantity over quality and it even does quantity wrong.
>>
File: 1460143825421.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460143825421.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>389244123
Same with XIV. This video actually makes me want to play XIV because it's the closest thing to Final Fantasy that we have right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLr1c27r78
>>
>>389242431
>XV is literally perfect
>item spam
>nonexistant enemy tells/hit reactions
>damage cap for no reason
>Armiger/magic/summon systems are trash
>garbage bosses
>rips off Dark Souls' backstabs/parries
>car wastes several minutes of real time multiple times throughout the game
>main weapon movesets are mostly samey garbage that lack utility
>>
>>389241419
>So what exactly went wrong with FFXV?

Tetsuya nomura has tall ideas for versus but he couldn't find an engine on the PS3 to materialize them. Time was clicking Square decided to push with XIII sequels instead. Engine was never found, PS4 was upon us and Square decided to start new meaning yet another engine change. Nomura was needed for KH3 so they had to bring someone who could actually work full time. That someone was based Tabata who despite the shitposting managed to turn CGI and target renders into a "finished" game within 3 years. And when I say finished I mean a game with an ending but a lot of the in between stuff missing, that were needed for the story to have more substance. Game is a feel road good trip with a novel battle system that people have a hate-love relationship with. The game is a solid 8/10 but once you play it leaves you with a phantom pain. Also they decided to fill the void with DLC which no one cares about. A plus to the game are timed events, super end bosses you have it kill within a time limit. My advice is that it's a decent feel good summer game with great OST, if you are interested just get it over with now, no real reason to wait for a "complete" edition.
>>
>>389244627
I think you missed the sarcasm in my post.
>>
>>389244730
Is this "feel good summer game" thing becoming a meme in these threads.
Depending on the person it can be an 8/10 or a 4/10 or anything inbetween.
Square deserves way more shit for XV and releasing a game with an ending isn't exactly a great task.
They could've made a way better game in the same time if they had better priorities and maybe not a handheld director. Cancelling it would've still been the best idea, that way they could've come up with an actual new XV right after 2011
>>
>>389244730
>Tetsuya nomura has tall ideas for versus but he couldn't find an engine on the PS3 to materialize them
You mean SE forced them to use CT but oh wait it isn't finished yet. Now it is finished but oh wait now the versus team has to work on FFXIII to get that game out the door in 2 years. Now they finally have an opportunity to work on the game but oh wait CT sucks ass when it isn't being used on FFXIII so they have to build ebony on the fly and start over again. That isn't even considering the rumor that the versus team had to help save XIV either
>>
>>389240404
PC mods will remove the barrier
>>
>>389245026
>Square deserves way more shit for XV and releasing a game with an ending isn't exactly a great task.

yes

>They could've made a way better game in the same time if they had better priorities and maybe not a handheld director.

no. tabata did a great job within 3 years. Square's problem is not Tabata but the upper management. You should look into how archaic Japanese corporate culture is.

One last thing. I bet Tabata will be assigned to direct a XV-2 prequel with Ardyn.
>>
>>389245617
>tabata did a great job within 3 years.
>>389244627
>>
>>389244730
>Also they decided to fill the void with DLC which no one cares about.

(samefagging)

seriously if any Square people are looking into these threads, STOP with the fucking DLC.
>>
>>389245617
Did Square tell him to make huge empty areas? Have tons of OOB content that is also just more empty areas? Have no optional summons and barely any postgame content?
You can make a way better game in 3 years if you have your priorities straight and don't need fans for feedback.
He also should never do an interview ever again, he doesn't think before he talks and speaks about content and story that exists but that we'll never get.
If Tabata did a good job then i might as well never play future FFs again
>>
>>389246030
>Did Square tell him to make huge empty areas?
Why is that so hard to believe? Are you familiar with SE at all?

>"Hey Tabata-chan, open warudo very popular in west, can you make big, big area?"
>"I mean, I can, but we won't have enough time to fill it with any-"
>"Not matter, not matter, gaijin open warudo games very empty, just have tower!"
>>
File: 1504217198935.png (233KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
1504217198935.png
233KB, 457x380px
>>389240404
>all that time and work wasted
>there are literal years worth of work we haven't even seen that Tabata threw out just to get the game out there door

Modern SE was a mistake.
>>
>>389246030
I really don't give a flying fuck. Objectively right now Square has no other director as efficient as Tabata. All we have to actually compare it to is Nier:A by platinum + Taro which is charming but even emptier. This discussion you are trying to have will only make sense at the end of this gen after we see how KH or VII worked or if they came out at all.
>>
>>389244730
It should just be way way better and more complete and not as huge, especially for a mainline FF.
If it was a new IP or something it would be fine i guess, but it's one of their biggest franchises and they treat the game like some development playground.
>>
>>389246374
Judging by his interviews, yeah i think it's was more his fault. The dev team told him there're other ways.
>>
>>389246390
So you are only allowed to criticize a game if there's something similair on the same console? Even witcher slavs tried harder.
>I really don't give a flying fuck
Good to know, then why should others give a fuck about your posts.
>>
>>389240404
they really should've just cancelled this.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xjkypaxnUw

>when you port a game to the switch
>>
File: at st at st.jpg (57KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
at st at st.jpg
57KB, 919x720px
>>389246659
>“There have been many questions related to the field, it is not a completely open world, it has the feeling of a 2D FF in HD,” Tetsuya Nomura tweeted. However, the game does not use a top down perspective with a sprite on a map. Nomura says Final Fantasy Versus XIII world looks like the screenshots and players will move through the world from that perspective.
Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2010/08/08/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-world-map-feels-like-2d-final-fantasy-in-hd/

>We learn that the biggest argument during development was on whether or not to use open world technology for the game. Especially part of the engineers thought that since the game was based on a story progression, it would have been better to go with switching maps with an event-driven system, and focusing on enriching the content. There were also some who thought that by making an open world game, they would increase the chances of it failing.

>Yet, for Tabata-san it seemed appropriate for an RPG set in a story in which you travel the world to be actually open word.
>A few months after the announcement at E3 2013, just after the team had merged with the Luminous Studio team, many within the engineering team thought that, with Square Enix’s know-how, making the game open world was unreasonable
>http://www.dualshockers.com/final-fantasy-xvs-biggest-internal-discussion-was-on-making-the-game-open-world-or-not/
tabata is a fucking idiot
>>
>>389240404
Just played this over at my buddys house for the first time.
>slow dumb tutorial
>piss poor combat thats just "hold down button to do cool things"
>CRAFTING MAGIC then throw them like grenades
>wait mode is necessary even though its done bad and even has a skill tree so playing in active mode seems like a disadvantage
>cant have any fun in the open world. Cant climb anything cant teleport to anything other then in front of you and certain hanging points. Cant get run over or stand on cars.
>finally get into car with off road tires jumping around is cool. I see something and get out of car. screen goes black and it teleports me back 15 feet so I cant reach that part without the car jump anymore.
>now im not even allowed to drive the car during the day. And the only way to get somewhere is to put the controller down while an ai drives the car for me.
that last one made me quit in rage. How on fucking earth did they think I wanted to watch an ai drive around for me for 10 minutes.
fuck man. I was really hyped for this game. daym shame. does the combat at least get any better later on?
>>
>>389240404
I haven't played 15 but what's the problem with the video? What's so shocking about "exploring all niflheim"? Is this a part of the world that they kept in the game but blocked off because they didn't finish it on time or something?
>>
>>389243840
At least with Gaefas you an block the user and you can never see any of his shitposts

>>389243928
>No idea how he survived this long on gamefags
you have to do some real fucked up shit to get banned from there
>>
>>389241419
>Game is literally unfinished, even casual players can see that
>Watching the anime and the glorified game trailer not only does nothing to solve multiple plot holes in the story, it actually adds MORE OF THEM
>>
File: FFXVGameplay.webm (786KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFXVGameplay.webm
786KB, 700x600px
>>389244730
>a novel battle system that people have a hate-love relationship with

love hate?

Most I have seen is a dislike for the combat while XVkun bitches that people are playing it wrong (aka not playing it the turbo autist way he is)
>>
>>389244730
I dont even hate Tabata for XV, he's done stupid shit that I dislike (i.e Polling overreliance and some aspects of the overall result), but I just feel that Square fucked over everyone as a result of this game's dev cycle. Nomura, Ferarri, etc, Tabata was just sent so they could try and salvage and milk the final product, but he shouldn't be the overall fall man
>>
>>389242767
>what should the characters look/dress like?
>all black leather with emo hair and start them off in a desert environment so it completely clashes with everything
this was because they had a design deal with Roen, and it was Nomura's decision that just carried over into XV from Versus
>>
>>389247525
None of that shit you can go to in-game.

They have fully rendered areas in the files THAT YOU NEVER GO TO
>>
They should have just shipped the fucking PS3 Versus 13 in 2012/13 & made it a cross gen title, then moved onto FF7R for PS4

But no, pull a Duke Nukem Forever instead, scrap a game that was more than 50% complete because PS4 is around the corner, then end up releasing a game 20% complete with mediocre graphics anyway
>>
>>389248165
>and it was Nomura's decision
source?
>>
>>389243889
>Luckily KH3 already looks leagues better. Imagine if we got XV like that?
that's because Nomura knows how to design a game and understnads that action combat and open world don't really mix. He was also going to do large hub areas in Versus, but Tabata took it a step further and made it open world
>>
>>389243562

he's on youtube too huh? also as bazztek? why does this guy spread himself over so many fucking sites? does he also have reddit account too? I can't ever imagine being this fucking dedicated to one shitty game... I really don't understand his mentality, I think he has invested too much time and effort in defending the game that if he'd ever consider his opinion to be wrong he'd realize that he wasted all that time defending the game and he'd probably kill himself.
>>
File: 1483589980153.jpg (129KB, 432x426px) Image search: [Google]
1483589980153.jpg
129KB, 432x426px
Unpopular Opinion here,

I actually really enjoyed the game for what it was. Sure it could've been something amazing with all the content they cut, but it was an enjoyable experience for me. Yoko delivers another great score which I think helps it a lot and the bros on the road relationship is pretty neat with all the banter between them.
With reading all about what people expected from Versus and what this game ended up being, I don't think this game could have ever lived up to the hype. Im looking forward to all the updates, albeit the game should have had this all included from the get go.
>>
>>389248271
look at the old trailers and interviews. everyone knows Nomura love Roen, he friends with the designer
>>
>>389248742
That isn't a source.
>>
>>389240404
this is why they're porting the game to PC, so the modders can fix their shit
also the Assassin's Creed crossover was actually pretty fun when the game doesn't fuck your shit with buggy invisible walls
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIyfWSrw_FQ

what blows my mind about this game is I can only imagine the amount they spent on marketing like this, this ENTIRE cut scene, this trailer, probably cost them absurd amounts, all this time and effort, this hard work, NOT put into the final game. This is one trailer of like... 6, with entire chunks cut, I just shiver at the thought of the amount of hard work, sweat blood and tears people went into making all these fucking cut scenes and entire game segments, only for it to be completely cut from the game. How on earth didn't they just abort it? How did they make profit on this game? they couldn't of, surely? or is that why they're shilling a """Universe""" so hard on us

here is just one of the around... 8 other giant segments of the game/trailers completely cut from the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUSXub_ypU
>>
>>389241419
Tabata
>>
How can SE be so deluded about FFXV, shilling this universe so hard? Are they just HOPING it sticks and makes as much money as it can before they kick the bucket and work on the next one? do normies love ff15 or something? or is this shit selling like hotcakes in japan?
>>
>>389248671
He's StarPlague on YT
>>
>>389249441
It sold well because of marketing hype and FF brandname. But honestly i don't hear many people talk about it. DLC discussion died down really quick, timed events are barely talked about and news is mostly about how things are planned for DLC or updates or other crossover shit.
Even the threads here mostly stay alive through shitposting wars
>>
>>389240404
The last campfire scene was pretty kino
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.