[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Battle Network so good, /v/? I'm playing 2 after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Why is Battle Network so good, /v/? I'm playing 2 after playing the other games years ago and it's just as fun as I remember the series being.
>>
File: genie who lives in rainbow road.jpg (18KB, 270x362px) Image search: [Google]
genie who lives in rainbow road.jpg
18KB, 270x362px
I want more explanations on this guy.
>>
>>389221526

The kids are really well written and likeable. Lan is a fantastic hero, with faults of his own like when he gets to Netopia. Situations are original like the rap battle on the airplane with the black guy.

The battle system is addictive as hell too.
>>
>fun battle system
>colorful world
>fun characters

Take your pick.
>>
>>389223839

Do you remember the ending, anon? Why the antagonist wants to kill himself?

How many kids video games go there? That's why it's so great
>>
>>389223839
Nailed it, though I put the gameplay first above the other stuff you mentioned. And while the story is sort of retarded throughout the series, it avoids being overly POWER OF FRIENDSHIP except for key moments which you can cringe it out. It has one of the best depictions of message boards as well
>>
>>389222957
He's the king of the Undernet, male, and potentially the cripples net Navi.
>>
>>389224047
2 in particular had an excellent story.
>>
>>389224117
Muh nugguh. 2 is my favorite overall. 3 and 6 are close, but 2 just hits that sweetspot of keeping things not bloated, not barren, and fresh.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>389221526
Was it really as fun as you remember?
>>
3 was the first gba game I had and it was quite possibly the epitome of what I expected from gba games. I couldn't be satisfied with any other games besides mmbn and ended up having 1 through 6. Even tried starforce and only stood around for the drill-haired girl.
>>
>>389221526

Never gave Battle Network a chance because it took off while Legends didn't, and I was pretty damn pissed about it.

Took it up years later on an emulator and was pleasantly surprisd. Didn't blow me away, but it definitely wasnt the shit heap I thought it was going to be.
>>
File: PawnMMBN3.png (1KB, 64x56px) Image search: [Google]
PawnMMBN3.png
1KB, 64x56px
>>389221526
I like the pawn chip in 3
>>
>>389222957
Three definitely had it all, the best navis, best chips, best themes, best secret area, best post-game. The only flaw I can think of is that trading with a friend is mandatory to unlock the omega navis.
>>
>>389224696
The chess pieces were great, you don't even know. You can Area Steal, or Metagel, and place a Rook on the front row so they can't steal back, block ESW, etc. No other game allowed you to control area like in BN3.
>>
>>389224939
Pawn was my go to favorite chip
Always carry a Pawn.
>>
File: 4-Pic097.png (22KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
4-Pic097.png
22KB, 480x320px
>>389224721
>Emulated 3 when I was a kid
>Played the shit out of blue
>Needed White's navi chips
>Played through the entirety of White and wrapped my pea brain around how to do linking over VBA just so I could 100% blue

To this day it's still the only 100% I'm proud of.
>>
I remember that serie of games, I have fond memories of those. Which ones should I replay, /v/?
>>
>>389224371
My pan African partner. People go on and on about 3, which was definitely great, but 2 had that perfect balance of everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTeC2DXeJgI
>>
File: 1367370841732.gif (1MB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
1367370841732.gif
1MB, 624x480px
I think 3 needed more decent chips that weren't swords, and it could have really used breaking chips that came later in the series like airhock or drillarm.

Disco Inferno is the best folder in the series.
>>
File: 1423770953990.jpg (184KB, 794x794px) Image search: [Google]
1423770953990.jpg
184KB, 794x794px
>>389225774
>Disco Inferno
>Trying to get multiple Prism Js
>>
>>389225774
BN3 had plenty of chips: Sensor, NOBeam. Rook, Shadow, Metgel, Magnum, Plasma ball, Green Rope, the list goes on.

Hell, Disco Inferno bases around Prisms which are never seen again in the series.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.