[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2 > 3 > 1 > Deadlocked > Nexus > ToD > CiT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 10

File: Ratchet_blog.jpg (64KB, 425x566px) Image search: [Google]
Ratchet_blog.jpg
64KB, 425x566px
2 > 3 > 1 > Deadlocked > Nexus > ToD > CiT >>>>> Ratchet 2016 > SaC > QfB > FFA >>>>>>> Size Matters >>>> Shit >>>> A4O
>>
>3 that high
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEMzaoieKuQ
Get some taste.
>>
Hoverbike races in 2 were fun as hell - when Insomniac got vehicle handling right, they got it fuckin' right.

I also recently played through Quest for Booty not too long ago because it was the last non-spinoff R&C game I hadn't played, and boy was I surprised at how fucking short it was.
Thank god I got it for free with Into the Nexus. If I paid 15 bucks for that game, I'd have been pissed.
>>
>>389218489
Stop linking this faggot I played the game after watching his nitpicky ass video and the game is still fun as fuck
>>389218275
>CiT that low
C'mon the fuck and switch SaC with Size matters, SaC is really borderline garbage
>>
>>389218275
Is nexus any good? I really don't mind 30fps.
>>
My PS3 (an old one that can play PS2 games) died about a week ago just as I had found a couple R&C games from my LGS.

I want to play them.

:(
>>
>>389218749
It starts off good, and slowly gets worse.
It was pretty clear the game was rushed out the door when they realized the PS3 was on its way out.
Still worth playing, though.
>>
File: 1503868181597.jpg (18KB, 283x283px) Image search: [Google]
1503868181597.jpg
18KB, 283x283px
2 was the absolute greatest one in my opinion

I really loved 3 whenever I played it but I could never get another copy of it anywhere. The first was pretty good, but naturally it's outshined by the sequels.

I haven't played any of the PS3 ones and I refuse to touch that godawful reboot.
>>
File: snap032.png (218KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
snap032.png
218KB, 480x272px
>>389218275
>SAC anywhere above Size Matters.
>The game with tons of weapons that did chip damage even as Ratchet.
>The game with tons of weapons that attacked really quickly but because of invulnerability frames for enemies it meant you spent 4-5 shots before the next one did any damage.
The RYNO is basically unusable thanks to this.
>The game where you have to grind out of your mind to level up weapons, especially Ratchet's.
>The game where the minigames are basically just reskins of each other and they're part of the main story so you have to do the rhythm one three times and the racing one four or five times.
>The game where skill points literally require you to follow a guide on enemy spawns due to how ridiculous they are.
Seriously, Qwark's mirror finish dam skill point is one of the most inexcusable skill points I've ever seen in the series.
>The game where the secrets literally require you to jump off a completely random ledge that would normally kill you but instead it does kill you but also gives you the secret keycard.
Secret Agent Clank is on par with A4O for how bad it is. Just try leveling the Plasma Whip and see how absurd it is to kill anything in that damn game. The best parts are when you're sneaking around as Clank and then they immediately ruin that if you ever get found out by putting you into fights that last forever due to your low damage.

>>389218749
It's really short but it's fun. Has great feeling guns, the one dinosaur world is really fun to hover around (They did the same kind of thing in the reboot game), and the humor is there. The only bad part is the city's framerate, it dips to like mid 10s lower 20s.
>>
File: R&C.jpg (104KB, 670x1240px) Image search: [Google]
R&C.jpg
104KB, 670x1240px
>>389218275
>>389218489
I'd like 2 over 3 if it didn't have mediocre bosses and virtually useless late-game weaopons.
UYA's upgrade system puts it at the top.
>>
>>389219019
>and I refuse to touch that godawful reboot.
Why? Gameplay's great, worlds are great particularly the lava one, there's a lot to collect, and it's just plain old fun. Ratchet became a goody two-shoes and doesn't get any development and Drek is repalced for Nefarious at the end which sucks, but overall it was really enjoyable. It also looks fantastic.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (59KB, 481x464px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
59KB, 481x464px
>>389219167
Would you a Talwyn?
>>
>>389219362
Mostly because of them sucking out Ratchet's personality, that's managed to rub me the wrong way entirely whenever I saw a few clips from the movie.
Also, the fact that they so heavily tied it in with the movie to the point of using clips from it as cutscenes really drives me away from it. It may just be me being too retarded and blinded with nostalgia to really want to give it the time of day, but I'd rather not. Maybe if I find the game cheap I'll give it a shot.
>>
Is it just me or most people didn't play Deadlocked/Gladiator? Is one of the best for me.
>>
>>389218489
Form your own opinions first baka, drone.
>>
>>389218749
It's okay but I honestly couldn't stomach playing through it more than twice (getting all of the achievements because i'm a slut) because the framerate isn't stable at times and it blows.
>>
>>389219645
It's like $20 nowadays, I know when I bought it a year ago I got it for $20. They work the cutscenes from the movie in just fine and it never felt forced or anything and just felt like a normal cutscene from the previous games. I understand them turning Ratchet into a good guy without any flaws instead of keeping the asshole from 1 that turns into a hero is an annoyance, but overlook that and just take the game for what it is. It's a fun game and it's Ratchet and Clank, while it has some problems they're outweighed by the fun gameplay.
>>
>>389219362
I found it fun, but pretty shallow, at least compared to the first three games. And the way all the adult humor was removed to appeal to younger audiences kind of ruined the old charm. There's no jokes about Quark running around BUTTNAKED or anything like that.
>>
>>389218275
If you switched ToD/CiT and made 1 and 3 equal, that would be my prefercecnes exactly.

>>389219395
No. Sasha exists. And even if she didn't. no.
>>
File: 1487885954512.jpg (97KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
1487885954512.jpg
97KB, 381x381px
>>389219362
>Y'KNOW IF YOU HOARD ALL THOSE BOLTS, YOU'RE NOT HELPING THE ECONOMY
>COME AND BUY A PIXELIZER
>COME AND BUY A PIXELIZER
>>
>>389220418
Should have spent those bolts.
>>
>>389218275
Literally fucking this except switch Deadlocked and 1 for me.
Patrcian taste.
>>
There are people actively ok with ratchet and clank 2016 despite
>removed maps
>dumbed down difficulty
>30 fps
>less OG guns. More guns from not RC1
>ratchet and clank are hardly a duo with their own personalities anymore and Qwark has essentially hijacked their own game/movie
>every character interaction and their animations look awkward as fuck. Unnatural to an unnerving degeee.
>the existence and unimportance of the galactic rangers
>butchered soundtrack that's not unlike the shit in cod. Fuck cinematic orchestras, this is suppose to be a retro Scifi shooter/platformer, not your typical FPS.
>why does everyone keep talking on the fucking mike. Again, it's like I'm playing Cod all over again.
>lame boss fights that's just stage and shoot.
>RC 2016 became the thing that the original game used to mock about over a decade ago.

Literally the only reason its good was because of the things they DIDNT change. The old shit from the level designs and weapons and semi linear exploration was solid and they knew it. The things they added we're hot garbage in comparison.
>>
File: 1404535065749.jpg (52KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1404535065749.jpg
52KB, 500x738px
>>389218275
>tfw no Deadlocked 2 with instanced multiplayer missions/arena challenges
>ywn drop into some rando's team and carry him in your baller as shit champion armor and maxed guns
>ywn compete for seasonal arena dominance and win more bolts than you will ever need
>ywn set time trial records for death courses that change every two weeks

>>389220418
Pixelizer is unironically the worst shotgun type weapon in the series. I cannot fathom why its damage numbers were approved.
>>
>>389220949
>dumbed down difficulty
But the difficulty is the same as ItN, I.E. enemies lead their shots and you die in about three hits on hard even at endgame.

You're right on the rest though, however in the end I only looked at it as its own separate game due to how much was changed. I also never played 1 until the HD collection (Played all the others) so I never had any memories about it (Didn't really care for it compared to UYA and GC due to the bolt shortages constantly and no strafe) and I enjoyed my journey through it. It sucks that a lot was changed or even outright removed but what was left was still enjoyable on its own. Could it have been better? Absolutely, but it still stood on its own two feet. Plus you make it sound like it's an A4O situation when it's more like ItN or Size Matters.

>>389220962
I blame the spread on it. If you're point blank it's alright for bosses but other than that the spread just kills its damage.
>>
>>389220949
Because I never liked the writing of the Ratchet series and a huge chunk of the complaints about the reboot seem to come from that.

It's got the mechanical polish the PS3 games while borrowing just enough stuff from the first game to feel like a return to form after some really iffy games last-gen. Its lacking the scale or content of the older titles but it was also released as a budget game, only costing like 30 dollars or something, and for that price tag its content was satisfying. It's not the best game in the series but its a good foundation to work off of for whatever the next bigger Ratchet game is.
>>
>>389218857
PS3s are pretty cheap, you should find an easy replacement.
>>
>>389218489
Here we go again. Autists are gonna keep spamming this video everywhere because they're unable to form their own opinions.
>>
>Wanna get into the Ratchet series
>Can't play the originals on PS4
woooooooow bugged backwards compatibility mechanics thanks sony
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.