[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Someone asked how to git gud at this game, and a bunch of people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 240[1].jpg (17KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
240[1].jpg
17KB, 240x240px
Someone asked how to git gud at this game, and a bunch of people posted some really faggy setups that don't work well or rely on rng, or are overly complex for no reason, then the thread died, Hopefully that anon gets to see this shit because I'm explaining the ultimate BD combo here.
>>
Do tell
>>
Tiz
Monk/Darknight

His only job is to use Phoenix flight then 3 minus strikes.

Agnes
SpiritMaster/WhiteMage
HolyOne
EpicGroupCast

Give her two shields, she will never attack, She HAS TO BE THE SLOWEST CHARACTER IN YOUR PARTY. No speed for her EVER, speed for everyone else. Her part in the combo will be explained at the end.

Ringabel
This is your flex slot. He really doesn't matter.
TimeMage is always good to have on the team
Salve-Maker is always good to have on the ream
Performers are pretty good
Thief are good for mug
Conjurer is cool if you're farming

It really doesn't matter.

Edea
Monk/darknight or whatever other dps you're going to pretend does more damage but doesn't.

---------------------
Team strat

First, Everyone defaults.
======
Turn two

Tiz Does Phoenix flight, then minus strike three times. You want Tiz's health to be as high as possible so that he does 9998 damage on attack one then 9999 damage every attack after that.

Edea does whatever optimal damage combo or whatever you've decided to give her.

Ringabel does whatever bullshit you thought was useful for him to be doing, I suggest some time mage garbage so that you can have some extra BP and pretend that's useful with this setup.

Agnes casts stillness. Hopefully you set up the speed boosts on your other characters so shes hilariously slow compared to them so she goes last.
======
Turn three

Agnes heals tiz and edea(if shes dk/monk) back to full.

Tiz and Edea both default.

Ringabel continues to pretend to be doing something, you wonder why hes not just monk/dk too, but it's not important.
======
Turn 4

Stillness is still around, do whatever, maybe you arn't full hp yet so you can heal some more? Maybe ringabel needs to pretend to be useful still?

Tiz and edea default
======
Turn 5, you are back at turn one. Repeat.
>>
>>389218226
That sounds awful.
>>
Not the anon you're talking about but the game is easy as fuck dude. You don't really need any help, trust me. But a fun boss setup is:

>Get BP Recovery on everyone (Red Mage support skill)
>Pick a caster, get them to max Black Mage for Group Cast All
>Brave 4x, cast Poison on your own party 3 times, Esuna
>Repeat
>>
>>389218413
Sorry kiddo but it's pure unadulterated anti-fun efficiency.

You can't be killed in any way shape or form, and you do the highest dps possible.

The only way anyone dies is if you forget to cast stillness.

The only way you lose is if you forget to cast stillness for like 10 turns in a row enough for agnes to die even though shes a beefslab.
>>
>>389218627
Free Lunch + Amped Strike does the same amount of damage and you don't have to kill yourself to do it and it doesn't take a turn of setup.
>>
This is pretty unfun. Make Tiz Pirate/Swordmaster and have Ringabel Ninja/Monk to Karai into Swordmaster. Doesnt work all the time but pretty fun to do
>>
Right now my setup (subject to change)
is:
Edea: Templar with white magic off commands
Main support ability is group cast all (so her job is to spam rampart/shell/protect, can also mass cast arise if things get nasty. But also use BP Recovery against encounters where status effects get spammed, otherwise revenge.

Tiz: Ranger with Ninja off commands(for Shippûjinrai if I need to manipulate turn sequence)
Support abilities centered around maximizing physical damage. Mainly spams normal attack though.

Agnes: White/Time mage with epic group cast. Self explanatory. Keep everyone healed, get some hastega going if damage isn't an issue, and otherwise cast meteor if I need extra damage.

Ringabel: Black magic with Summoner off command using summoning surge support ability. If there's no specific kill order I just have him spam whatever summon is most effective for the situation throughout the fight. If there's a fight where I'm trying to avoid counter-attacks I'll use the appropriate black magic instead.
>>
File: 1461047322477.gif (140KB, 379x440px) Image search: [Google]
1461047322477.gif
140KB, 379x440px
>Its a 3 ghosts + tank episode
>>
>>389218825
I remember there being something wrong with the free lunch + amped strike setup.

Maybe it was just that I could use monk+darknut first and there was never a reason to swap after that?
>>
>>389217870
Know a guy that on his first playthrough made some crazy setup and broke the game. Don't remember the specifics but I believe everyone was monk, physical damage was conversed into magic damage and drained HP. Or something like that.
>>
>>389219767
Yeah that crazy setup is just a normal unoptimal setup that can't die. Theres no reason to merely not die when you can not die and also do more damage.
>>
File: 1490050696507.png (1MB, 1068x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1490050696507.png
1MB, 1068x1046px
>>389219925
Hey, if it works.

Though I'd rather just play the game normally instead of going out of my way to break it and make it trivial.
>>
>>389220153
The whole point of BD is to become insane godmurderers.
>>
My best setup was

>Make everyone a ninja and farm 80~ Mega Elixirs
>Make everyone a salve-maker
>Have everyone brave 4 times and use Turn Toxin with Mega Elixirs
>Put on gear to make everyone lightning fast so the enemy never gets a turn

You'll decimate everything from Chapter 5-8 and the final boss cannot touch you. At all. This does not work for the bosses in the village, I forgot the name of it though.
>>
So I bought the game the other day because I had a birthday coupon and just finished beating the game.

Is there any point to the newgame+ option?
>>
>>389218825
Free Lunch + Amped Strike is three hits while Phoenix Strike + Minus cut are four hits. They both suck compared to an single DK using Darkness four times.

Hell, even a Salvemaker can hit 9999 effortlessly using tier 2 items using element bane, element boost, Pay to win, and item crit.
>>
>>389218226
But what if the enemy goes before Agnes and fucks everyone up? Checkmate, smartass.
>>
So what's so special about this game to make it different than any other jrpg? I've been interested in playing it. Are you supposed to play this before bravely second?
>>
>>389222013
You don't even need to do that stuff to effortlessly hit 9999's with Salve-Maker. Just do what I said in >>389221497 and everyone will be doing x4 9999 damage. So, about 159,984 damage per turn which I'm pretty sure is the max amount of damage you can do per turn. Getting the Mega Elixirs is pretty fast since you can get 6 Mega Elixirs per fight if you have the right Thief skills and Thief is leveled on all.

Also, in>>389221497 I meant Thief instead of Ninja.
>>
>>389222262
Lots of flexibility regarding classes and tons of QoL features including speeding the game up, free difficulty and encounter selection and much more
>>
>>389222262
Decent music
Decent story
Decent combat
Decent challenge
You can jack up the encounter rate and battle speed for when you need to grind and once you're sick of weenie encounters you can cheese it by turning random encounters off.
>>
>>389222104
As you approach higher levels this will never happen, but it is a concern at lower levels, however it doesn't matter. During stillness, you will just revive anyone who died.

The absolute worst case scenario is where both tiz and edea die, and you're forced to res them both, but stillness gives you two whole turns to react. So they'll always be resurrected by then. In the situation where, for some reason you have to res both, and for some reason are incapable of healing them as well. Which I don't think is actually possible, then you'll just use pheonix with whatever health you did have, it'll do less damage then if you had full HP but then you'll still get the full effect of three minus strikes, which will do full damage.

>>389222262
It's literally a remake of Finalfantasy 3 with new systems and etc that the developers thought would confuse people if they had named it FF3.
It has a lot of quality of life and interesting features which make it worth playing if you loved FF1-3
It has a really stupid story about repeating things over and over which it does by making you repeat things over and over, which gets old real fucking quick. on the negative.

>>389222665
"just farm 80~ mega elixers"
My version is strictly less work than yours, it requires you remember to attack each turn and cast stillness.
Yours requires farming.
>>
It's far from perfect of course. But worth it if you liked nes/snes era final fantasy
>>
>>389222871
The farming takes like 20-30 minutes for the absolute best damage in the game that will carry you from chapter 5-8 and kill the final boss with no effort whatsoever while making every fight no longer than 1 turn. Your "method" would actually make everything take way longer than necessary when you could've spent less time just farming the mega elixirs, since you can just put the enemies to sleep and then steal from them all and then kill them without them waking up.
>>
>>389222871
Using Salvemaker requires farming. This isn't some MMO, farming is stupid easy and drop rates are 300%.
>>
>>389223089
>20-30 mins

Sounds like a long time of not having fun. How many elixirs does it take to kill every boss past chapter 4?
>>
>>389223464
I actually didn't use salve makers during chapter 4. I can't remember when I did but I only actually used salve makers during chapter 8 when I got the idea to use turn toxin with mega elixirs. You can farm mega elixirs starting at chapter 5 though. I think I was doing some BP battery shit for chapter 4 but I honestly can't remember.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.