[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will Dead Space ever be resurrected or will it be one of those

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: DeadSpace1.jpg (794KB, 1488x2128px) Image search: [Google]
DeadSpace1.jpg
794KB, 1488x2128px
Will Dead Space ever be resurrected or will it be one of those franchises that EA murdered forever?
>>
Only the first one is really all that great. Let it rest in peace.
>>
They will probably make a fourth one accompanied with empty promises that they're bringing it back to the series' roots and it will be just like the first game for real this time.
>>
What is it with somewhat obscure games getting a sequel and suddenly forcing in elements that have nothing to do with the original?

Isaac being voiced for example. What's the point?

Dead Space 2 was still good but it turned into a shooting gallery towards the middle and end.

When I played Dead Space 1 for the first time I couldn't even get around a fucking corner because a single Xeno seemed like a huge threat.
>>
>>389216250
The second game, while a contrast to the original, was a fantastic shooter with the perfect amount of action, suspense, indirect story telling and cinematic qualities of any game of it's time and maybe even still today.
Most games that try to emulate a thrilling action cinematic sequence carry it on for far too long and expect too little input from the player. The cinematic segments in Dead Space 2 were short, well spaced out, unique in each instance and required action from the player; whereas most games will simply require you push the left stick forward, and even then nothing at will happen should you choose not to do anything. DS2 was a remarkable shooter and a testament of how a series can change radically between titles without tarnishing the appeal and charm of the preceding titles. That being said, DS2 would not be nearly as great without having followed the original Dead Space. They play off each other well, as a sequel and it's original title should.
Imo
>>
I didn't mind Isaac being mute in the first game, I thought it added to the atmosphere and was a pointless decision to suddenly make him talk. Anyway I played Dead Space 2 through multiple times, and didn't even finish the third game.
>>
Dead Space is basically Ratchet and Clank in a horror setting. The game's true polish was the weapon variety and physics based damage system. That there is no Dead Space 4 so far makes me incredibly salty.
>>
Dead Space 2 is one of the best games ever (subjective opinion) I played the first 2 again recently still fun.
>>
>>389217164
I think Dead Space 1 is more dense and unique. With Dead Space 2 you can spot a lot of the signs of publishers meddling with the game to make it more appealing to a broader audience. It's still a good game tho.
>>
File: Comfy_Skeltal.png (19KB, 312x233px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy_Skeltal.png
19KB, 312x233px
>>389216175
Of course it will be, it's a rotting cadaver now. EA will rise it up into a new, twisted and horrific form and it will slaughter thousands. Then it will merge with all of the other resurrected games killed by EA, consuming everyone and everything on earth.
>>
DS1 = DS2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DS3
>>
DS3 was the best DS because you could buy upgrades for your weapons to make the game fair.
>>
>>389216175
Why would there have to be? It's done. Not every game needs a sequel.

Maybe in 10+ years they could do a reboot if there's really a reason for it but desu I don't think there's that much of a reason to HD-remake stuff made past 2006. I get making HD versions of games from the 90's like half life or thief or so on because those games are ugly as sin, but most of the things made after half life 2 are always going to be passable.
>>
File: 1502596248631.png (147KB, 553x585px) Image search: [Google]
1502596248631.png
147KB, 553x585px
>389217564
>>
File: ISAAC.jpg (110KB, 804x401px) Image search: [Google]
ISAAC.jpg
110KB, 804x401px
>DS3 has the best feature ever, that hardly anybody knows about

>when you play in 2 player bro-op, the non-Issac player will see hallucinations on their screen that the Issac player cant see. Isaacs almost immune to the insanity caused by the spires, but the new guy isnt and sees weird shit

>the non-isaac player will often see things like a person in the distance waving them over like they want to help, or see a woman walk past and down a hallway, or hear noises or see things run past doorways freaking them out

>Isaac player is like "Dude, what the fuck are you doing? What are you shooting at?"
>other guy is like "I heard something coming up behind me. You didnt see anything!?"
>>
>>389216402
i dont like 100% silent characters in most games but i also dont like them to transition from being mute to suddenly speaks tons of dialog. i wish if he talked it was kept short.
>>
>>389218207
its cool but the game still sucks.
>>
>>389218207
I played DS3 with my friend and I did enjoy those parts.
But the rest of the game is very mediocre. It's fun to play co-op but that's about it. It's not a very good Dead Space game.
>>
>>389216175
It's already been defiled when Dead Space 3 was released. It's a shame, too. One of the very few "horror" games out there that's actually enjoyable and doesn't rely on jumpscares every two feet. But I do remember Dead Space 2 increased the amount of those. Don't know how it's aged, wish I still had it.
>>
File: 1422341000839.jpg (3MB, 1414x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1422341000839.jpg
3MB, 1414x2000px
Anyone got any Dead space art they want to dump?
>>
File: 8748.jpg (31KB, 599x563px) Image search: [Google]
8748.jpg
31KB, 599x563px
>>389217564
>>
Playing DS2 after finishing the first game was fucking awful. I hate shooters and I hate copy and pasted corridors. I ended up dropping it.
>>
I doubt it but there were some news that they didn't cancel Dead Space 4 but they don't plan making it yet.

Also they are probably gonna try to make a new possibly well selling game do maybe after that.

Dead Space 3 didn't even hit the 1 million sold copies, EA thought that making DS even more action driven would make it sell more as it was with Dead Space 2.

Until EA doesn't make an extremely good game what gives them loads of profit there ain't gonna be no Dead Space for sure.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.