[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Studiopolis>Stardust Speedway>Press Garden>Metallic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7270.png (274KB, 379x447px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7270.png
274KB, 379x447px
>Studiopolis>Stardust Speedway>Press Garden>Metallic Madness>Mirage Saloon>Lava Reef>Chemical Plant>Titanic Monarch>Green Hill>Flying Battery>Oil Ocean>Hydrocity

The only correct answer.
>>
>>389213351
>stardust speedway
>that act 2 and the worst boss in the game

uh... no
>>
I disagree
>>
File: magik.png (312KB, 525x394px) Image search: [Google]
magik.png
312KB, 525x394px
I really enjoyed Hydrocity act 2, it's my favorite Zone
>>
>>389213552

>Hating that soundtrack
>Hating Metal Sonic

Someone didn't know you could roll into Metal Sonic while running, and to spindash into the Silver Sonics.
>>
>>389213351
studiopolis and hydrocity are in the right spots, at least
still kind of mad that they managed to make Hydrocity so meh
>>
DELETE THIS

TITANIC MONARCH WAS GOOD

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
>>
>Oil Ocean
>Hydrocity
>That low

Hydrocity Act 1 was at least good. Oil Ocean wasn't bad either. The only complaint people can really have against it is its boss. There's really no excuse to hate it for the levers just because you were scared of spooky ghosts as a kid.
>>
>>389213552
>Worst boss
You got stuck on those Silver Sonics, didn't you?
>>
>>389215164
the boss is a cool idea
the fight isn't well done though

>initial running segment is cool, brings to mind the race in CD
>silver sonic spindash bit is isn't even like vaguely hinted at in-game, it really seems like he's gonna do something else and you have to deal with him sending out enemies (which would have been much better, really)
>once you know it, it's easy and only annoying because RNG means you'll keep accidentally killing them, making the bit drag on
>after another running segment (honestly, it was still cool the second time), the wall is built (why? it'd have been loads cooler without it, make the boss a proper running boss)
>you're basically in zero danger in the slightest as the wall pushes any rings you might possibly lose forward
>also, the game doesn't really let you know that yes, now you can hit Metal Sonic (and it's quite some time before you can anyway, he's still invincible for a bit too long after the wall starts moving)

it's conveys absolutely nothing to the player on what to do and even if that wasn't true, it's an easy, needlessly drawn out fight
Which pisses me off, because it could have been the coolest boss in all of Sonic. The race callback, him socketing into the the hole like in Chaotix, the spinning tower with the big Saturn-style Eggman face model on top, everything but the wall really. The presentation (other than conveying what to do) is fantastic.

>>389215950
hydrocity 1 is kind of boring and decides to take cues from slow water stages (which made no sense, because original Hydrocity is remembered for its speed despite being a water zone)
it can still go fast, but the stage's flow is overall kind of fucked
hydrocity 2 isn't bad either, but it's basically just a revamped S3 Hydrocity 2 and little else
>>
>>389216751

Well, it is a water level. Why put water in if there's no danger of drowning? Act 1 actually does it right and forces you to survive, instead of giving you these easy short segments where you're submerged for 2 seconds and then get to automatically zip through the level without thinking. Act 2 is certainly a nice spectacle, but that's all it really is, a spectacle. Nice to look at, but very little engagement from the player. It rewards you with no effort.
>>
>>389216751

It wasn't hard to discover what you had to do with Silver Sonic. The game expects you to jump at some point, and when you do, Silver Sonic is likely above you, forcing you to volley him into Metal Sonic. That's how it happened. I jumped, and so did Silver Sonic, I collided into him and he bounced into Metal Sonic. Granted, it wasn't obvious that spindashing basically guarantees a hit, but needing Silver Sonic to kill him? That shouldn't take long to figure out. Knowing that you had to hit Metal Sonic in the third phase was simply a matter of doing it, just jump on him. What else are you going to do? Much of this stuff is a matter of discovery, something you can figure out on your own.

While I agree with you that the third phase was too easy, and that it would have helped to know that you could spindash into Silver, I don't think it was a particularly vague boss. Just one that took a little discovery. I mean, my friend basically discovered for us that all you need to do is spindash. My friend, who had no experience with Mania and very little with Sonic whatsoever. We played together and he found it out by doing it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.