[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just beat Dragon Quest XI. Wasn't 10/10 but it was pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: DHAQT2HU0AIKO8J.jpg (329KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DHAQT2HU0AIKO8J.jpg
329KB, 1920x1080px
I just beat Dragon Quest XI.

Wasn't 10/10 but it was pretty good.

Major gripes were that music wasn't very good, battles could stand to be a little faster, and there's no super hard challenge boss. The toughest challenge in the game can be beaten comfortably at level 75 and there's a guaranteed way to make him easier so he can be easily beaten at even level 60.
>>
How is the gameplay? Anything new? Is the post game fun?
>>
For the record it took 90 hours.
>>
>>389205315
>How is the gameplay? Anything new?

Its Dragon Quest. Thats like asking if theres anything new with Pokemon. Theres differences but nothing radical.

As for postgame theres basically two postgames, sort of. One sucked and one was okay.
>>
>>389205109
how good is the music?
anything standout?
>>
>>389205814
I already mentioned the music.

Its mediocre at best.

Its nice and orchestrated sure, but its just not catchy. Also a lot of the same songs are repeated.
>>
>>389205937
Best way I can put it is that there's no song in the game you'll find yourself humming. A lot of the songs just feel like a collection of instruments with no real melody.
>>
>>389205937
ah, that sucks
i was hoping for another DQ8
>>
>>389206692
It's not like offensively bad or grating to listen or anything, it's just not what I'd call good.
>>
File: 64387539_p0.jpg (2MB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
64387539_p0.jpg
2MB, 2000x2000px
>>389205109
what party did you use?
i rolled with hero, blue hair, loli and lady healer.
blue hair with sword seemed like a bad idea and i couldn't really make him useful.
some fights he was much better replaced with the other character who could use greatswords.

hero with greatsword turned out great too but story made it seem like normal sword was canon.
>>
>>389207408
Hero, Greg, Rou, and Senya.

I know Rou isn't a good choice but I have my reasons for using him.

You can make Kamyu really good by equipping him with 2 Hayabusa Kai swords and using his clone move.
>>
>>389205109

Any "superboss" post game enemies?
>>
File: DIQYvXsUIAA530M.jpg large.jpg (91KB, 653x977px) Image search: [Google]
DIQYvXsUIAA530M.jpg large.jpg
91KB, 653x977px
>>389205563
But DQ had quite an evolution in gameplay up to the seventh game. Second game introduced more party members, third game introduced the class system, fourth game was broken up into chapters and traded direct control of non-hero characters in favor of giving them general commands, fifth game had monster catching and raising instead of traditional party members (until you get your kids and wife, anyways), sixth game was an evolution of the third's game class system, and seven improved on it further. Eight was when it just kinda started to plateu since they removed all the classes and the choices for development in favor of just letting you put points into a handful of selected proficiency, and that was really more of an illusion of choice anyways since some of the proficiency were totally useless and you'd be dumb to put points into them.
>>
>>389207680
what did you think about the postgame timetravel thing?
i think it was kinda crazy to go back in time to when veronica was still alive, but im not sure if that created an alternate timeline. plus its like the second half of the main game didnt matter.
>>
>>389208052
>Any "superboss" post game enemies?

No, not really. You get some suped up recycled bosses but none of them are anything you need to grind for.
>>
>>389208095
I didn't think much of it, I was just glad it gave me my old party back quickly. I was worried I had to regrind.
>>
>>389205109
How long did it take you to finish everything you wanted to finish in the game?
>>
>>389208252
90 hours.
I beat the game at level 77 the hard way.
>>
>>389208072
None of those are "quite the evolution" pedo, especially since each game takes each of those things away, so they're not new permanent additions. There's no monster raising, only one marriage option, and the skill point system isn't all that radically different than VIII's. It's a little bit better, but it's practically the same principle.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.