[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a Super Mario Sunshine appreciation thread, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

Let's have a Super Mario Sunshine appreciation thread, the last good 3D Mario game
>>
File: Sunshine Filler.png (24KB, 900x487px) Image search: [Google]
Sunshine Filler.png
24KB, 900x487px
Sunshine is the worst by a significant margin.
>>
File: 1451334511873.jpg (6KB, 249x217px) Image search: [Google]
1451334511873.jpg
6KB, 249x217px
this game is 15 years old
>>
>>389204760

Just like you
>>
Funfact: hotel delfino seen from above is actually a gamecube controller
>>
you've just triggered me OP, now I wiill have to look up gameplay vids

Just let me bend over and buy an HD version for $40 already Nintendo
>>
>>389204878
Neat.
>>
The Galaxy games were better
>>
File: R-1561839-1293623276.jpeg.jpg (9KB, 293x300px) Image search: [Google]
R-1561839-1293623276.jpeg.jpg
9KB, 293x300px
>>389204978

>implying you can afford $40
>>
Fun fact: there's literally a book locked by a door in the giant bottle map
>>
>>389205041
>WAGGLAN
>easy levels
nah
>>
>clean up, collect coins or other mundane shit
>can skip all platforming with FLUDD
Only the fluddless levels were good.
>>
File: 69343257.png (150KB, 337x351px) Image search: [Google]
69343257.png
150KB, 337x351px
>>389205024
Holy shit
>>
>>389204680
This comment is WRONG and you are WRONG
>>
When finishing off Gooper Blooper, did anyone else intentionally aim him toward the sun so that when you let go he would fly off into it?
>>
>>389205297
>Least amount of worlds
>Least amount of platforming
>Least amount of movement options
>Progress is tied to Shadow Mario stages rather than Shine count
>Yoshi is hydrophobic
Sunshine is fucking garbage and I've yet to see a good defense for it. When making it, it's like the developers tried to make a worse version of 64 in every way and they succeeded in that unfortunately.
>>
>>389205274
>can skip all platforming with FLUDD

So then don't skip it

>Only the fluddless levels were good.
>removes the atmosphere, level theming, the comfy music, IE everything that makes sunshine good

no
>>
>>389204510

Every time I get nostalgic for this game and actually go to play it, I am seriously disappointed by it.
>>
>>389204510
Never thought I'd see good taste on /v/
>>
>>389205549
>Least amount of worlds
But the worlds it all does have are amazing, much better then anything in any other mario game: They have a consistent theme, they have a great sense of scale, and are actual sandboxes that take place in a real place rather then just an arbitrarily designed video game level while still having lots of fun verticality and platforming elements

>Least amount of platforming
There's just as much platforming depth as 64 and just as much a chance to do it, git gud. Just because the fludd CAN trivalize it doesn't mean you have to use it, and it';s not like in 64 you had to git gud to beat those levels either, it was just as triavial. look up speedruns of the game, the fludd is barely even used in them

>Least amount of movement options
A non issue, all of the ones removed from 64 were surplus and didn't offer anything unique, you can still functionally accomplish the same movement by using or chaining options that are still in the game.

>Progress is tied to Shadow Mario stages rather than Shine count
Why is this a bad thing?

>Yoshi is hydrophobic
I agree this was dumb
>>
>>389204680
blooper surfing and piantissimo were lit

but yeah no reason for all those shadow marios, he didn't even attack or anything
>>
i tried playing this game again and it was too hard for me

Even now, when I could be playing it, I think of that stupid fucking sand bird and do something else.
>>
Oh boy, this thread surely isn't full of horrendously biased Sunshine fan boys who can't accept that their favorite game has blatant flaws.
>>
>>389205983
>wall of subjective garbage
Good job
>>
>>389204680
Blooper surfing was fun. Shadow Mario was fucking repetitive
>>
>>389205983
>They have a consistent theme, they have a great sense of scale, and are actual sandboxes that take place in a real place rather then just an arbitrarily designed video game level while still having lots of fun verticality and platforming elements
If you care about thematic consistency more than design then you're in the wrong genre of games. Stuff like Gelato Beach is absolute garbage from a gameplay stance, it's literally just three horizontal planes.
>There's just as much platforming depth as 64 and just as much a chance to do it
Defend this then.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHba5iM1Zw
>Why is this a bad thing?
Because it makes over half the game's content literally pointless and takes away from the non linear design that 64 had of which Sunshine is trying to emulate and failing hard at.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.