[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there a hatetrain for this game again? Im not that much

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 69052.jpg (225KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
69052.jpg
225KB, 800x800px
Why is there a hatetrain for this game again? Im not that much of a Sonic fan, I only ever played Sonic 3, Adventure 2, Lost World and Unleashed, but this game is literally an upgrated version of Generations with a cheesy and "dark" story like the Adventure games.
Its everything the fandom asks and yet people are already bashing it to the point of comparing it to '06 and Boom.
I don't want to start screaming" HURR DURR THE ZONIK FANBAYS R NVR PLISED" but I really feel that's the case. But here
>>
>>389201730
>this game is literally an upgrated version of Generations
Nothing they've shown of this game even comes close to Generations, they even managed to make Classic Sonic even more fucked up
>>
>>389201730
Classic Sonic's physics aren't going to be up to par, given that he needed a boost pad to clear a classic Green Hill loop-de-loop. Modern Sonic's boost gameplay is getting really old, really fast. I think it's going to be underwhelming, but that's just my personal opinion. I'm not going to join the general catcall of people thinking/hoping it's Sonic 2006 2.0.
>>
Why do people hate this game? Here's a quick rundown:
>Classic Sonic seems forced into the game
>Classic Sonic still has the wonky physics from Generations; After Mania Team, a group of fans, nailed the physics of the Genesis games this seems really lazy.
>The OC character gets a lot of hate because it caters to the deviantart crowd of sonic fans
>Green Hill Zone AGAIN (twice in a fucking row too)
>Four different playstyles when Sega can't even get one right
>Wisps returning
>Modern Sonic's levels still have shitty pacebreaking 2D sections
>The story of this game is being written by the same guy who wrote '06
I don't necessarily agree with all of these, but these are some common complaints I see.
>>
>>389202531
All the shit you said sounds good.
>>
I've got 2K saved to pay for artwork when I make my Sonic Forces OC.
>>
>>389203007
My friend would gladly do that for you.
>>
File: 1502278514708.gif (2MB, 312x390px) Image search: [Google]
1502278514708.gif
2MB, 312x390px
>If you're playing well in a boostshit game, you should be boosting most of the time
>Sonic Forces Yet AGAIN compresses the music to shit as long as you're boosting

Why do they still do this? You can't even say "bu-but the music is good" For modern sonics.
>>
File: 1fc.png (108KB, 330x186px) Image search: [Google]
1fc.png
108KB, 330x186px
>>389201730
This will never happen in your lifetime.
>>
>>389201730
Ok but why the fuck was the wolf in the trailers/teasers red while on the cover hes teal.

Exact same design, different color
GOD DAMMIT SEGA GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER
>>
The gameplay doesn't look bad at all tho.
>>
>>389201730

I haven't played a Sonic game since the one on GBA
What the fuck is up with the 3d gameplay?
It looks like you're just running down hallways with the camera moving to make it look cinematic
>>
>tfw I'm looking forward to this game
I dunno, OP. It looks ok to me.
>>
>>389201730
Why is Zavok in the game?
>>
The levels so far look too short and too simple, more so than the norm for boost shit.

I somewhat enjoy the tone, it's cheesy as fuck, but I hope there's more in the later levels to make it feel meatier. The 40 dollar price tag makes me believe this won't be the case.

Classic Sonic also has no business being here and with how close this is coming out after Mania, it'll be rightfully scrutinized as the shitty imitation it is.
>>
>>389201730
E-Celebs start to call all Sonic games shit, which started the "Sonic was never good" train.
>>
That boxart better imply I can play as Tails and Knuckles
>>
>>389204115
With the new team-up mechanic, it would be really stupid of them not to.
>>
>this game is literally an upgrated version of Generations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ToI7emaQgg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZzlcI_2adk
Compare the two, please, and tell me which is better.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.