[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy game >play it for 10 minutes >turn it off never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
>buy game
>play it for 10 minutes
>turn it off never to be played again
>rinse and repeat over and over again

i've been "burnt out" for the last 6 years. have never finished a single game.

how does one get back into video games? they just bore the fuck out of me now. I've tried reading and other shit but I just cannot get into anything. Everything just bores the fuck out of me.
>>
>>389197637
Age? Happens to me too, I guess I need to move my ass more
>>
try mushrooms
>>
>>389197637

that's how I got into fighting ga"y"ms, OP
>>
I've had similar experiences and it usually took 4-6 hours of playing it like a chore before it got good. I didn't even like RE4 until mid-game when the satisfaction of blasting the shit out of zombies got a hold on me.

Just commit to it with the incentive being you already paid for it or took time to install it. Or you can put some music on or read threads and shit while you're playing. Sometimes it's an attention span issue for me.
>>
File: 1504251443537.jpg (19KB, 391x306px) Image search: [Google]
1504251443537.jpg
19KB, 391x306px
You don't give enough of a honest chance. The current generation promotes 'instant gratification' and it has seeped into your own habits.
>>
>>389198217
>>389197637
this. fighting games are the perfect games for people who get bored easily. not only is each match maybe 2 minutes at most, there's no skill ceiling so you can just keep improving.
>>
>>389197637
what are you, 40 years old?

Also, try multiplayer games, they're more engaging than single player which means you have to actually play the game.
>>
>>389197637
It always happens to me with most modern shit games. But it's not being burnout, it's realizing that most modern games are trash. I enjoyed Divinity OS and XCOM so much I would stay up playing late at night.
>>
>>389198489
that's a good point. instant gratification has also impacted the industry with pay2win and microtransaction bullshit.
>>
>>389197637
learn to self-medicate your ADHD
>>
File: rainbowpuke.gif (542KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
rainbowpuke.gif
542KB, 500x281px
>>389198646
>>389197930

27, the only thing that remotely interests me is cooking, but I feel like if I cook ill just get super fat its also expensive as fuck.
>>
>>389198807
my nigga. XCOM always satisfies me because I can keep the game open while I do other stuff and take a turn whenever I feel like it. sort of like how people in movies play chess and leave the board sitting around for hours taking turns whenever they walk by the board.
>>
>>389199070
Cooking is great fun and shouldn't make you fat unless you can't control yourself
>>
>>389197637
those are just shitty games. trust me, if you aren't enjoying it within 10 minutes it isn't a good game. try playing something like umihara kawase or doom, or just play more games you actually like
>>
>>389201397
also i need to mention, so many games you see recommended around here are the "play 30 hours for the game to actually get fun" type deals like deus ex and stalker. just stay away from obviously overhyped shit. chances are if its in a top 100 /v/ image list its not good at all
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.