[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is it true you have to play this game multiple times in order

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: nierautomata.jpg (18KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
nierautomata.jpg
18KB, 480x270px
is it true you have to play this game multiple times in order to understand the entire story? sounds kinda lame unless each playthrough is different.
>>
>>389186387
yeah about four times I think It's not really different just playing the same stuff over as a different character then continuing from there it's not very good compared to the first game
>>
>>389186387
No, you have to play it once. Rout A-E is one playthrough
>>
A B has the same story but different POV
C has 2 different perspectives after and B that ends has a 'D'ifferent cutscene ending.
>>
>>389186387
You have to replay it once with a different character, but you get to see the scenes where he was absent during the first. Third and fourth playthrough is entirely new stuff.
>>
God damn phone autocorrect
Too lazy to get up
>>389186775
>>
>>389186496
this fucking jackass doesn't know what he's talking about

2nd playthrough goes over some of the same stuff as the first one
however you play from someone else's perspective which plays completely differently and you don't lose sidequest progress by starting that playthrough
3rd playthrough is a sequel to the events of the first two ones with completely new shit happening following directly after the events of the first two playthroughs
and that's it
there are three endings you can get and none of them require you replay any content
>>
>>389186387
You only play the story quests twice and with different mechanics. The second playthrough just lets you finish up quests you missed the first time. It's a different take on new game+
>>
>>389186963
>which plays completely differently
yes your forced to use hacking mini games because they deal no damage so 90% of the gameplay is just hack move hack move
>>
>>389186387
>in order to understand the entire story?
Wew lad! Yes. The B2/9S portion of the game is the same shit, with new cutscenes in the 9S version. I don't know why so many people defend it, it's boring as hell.
>>
>>389187164
>implying 9s isn't the most brutal one with the highest damage of the game
>>
>>389187184
The main story isn't even long. You spend most of your time doing sidequests.
>>
>>389186387
The game has 26 different endings, of which only A-E are of any real importance to the story, and actually act more like chapters rather than full playthroughs. Ending B basically has you following the same story you ran through the first time with a different character, but C-E cover the story past that.
>>
>>389186387
Welcome to Taro games. You even have to read side material books for the story to make sense. He is a terrible story teller.
>>
>>389188089
Ignoring side content there is still a full story within the game, side materials just build upon that
>>
>>389186387
Second playthrough has you play as a different character, everytime you were separated from that character in the first playthrough you experience gameplay segments, towards the end of the second playthrough things pick up more.
Third playthrough is an entirely different game.
>>
>watch game on youtube
>still have no idea what it was all about

Am I dumb or was it uhhhhh ambiguous and metaphorical?
>>
>>389187164
holy shit, do morons like you still exist?
everyone already understood that 9S is hilariously broken outside of hacking yet there's people like you still spewing this shit
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.