[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is wrong with paying for mods? I am not talking about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1467234363312.png (80KB, 316x208px) Image search: [Google]
1467234363312.png
80KB, 316x208px
What is wrong with paying for mods? I am not talking about the shitty creation club. I am talking about the fact of paying for mods, is not different than DLC.
>>
Because most mods are shit
>>
>>389171569
Not quality control, no guarantee it won't die with a game update, no control over who gets the money or doesn't, refund policy not supported despite EU law saying it should be. Do you need more ?
>>
>>389172013
Again, I am not talking about the creation mod. I'm talking about the facto for paying to someone for a mod, you pay for the work of someone, tha quality of that work is another thing to debate.
>>
>>389173018
why would i pay for it if the quality is questionable
>>
>No promise of guarantee over quality
>No promise of guarantee over compatibility with future iterations of game
>No promise of guarantee of compatibility with other mods
>Entitled to making money in a community that only want to lengthen the life of their game
>Thinking a mod should be treated as premium content when all is above is said and applied
>Its Betheseda.

As a game programmer, I use mods to learn how to make games. I'm certainly not in the industry but if you want my opinion, the very idea of using mods as some means of getting payment outta a game is very insufferable and will go nowhere. Mods are not and ever should be premium content. It will destroy all benefits that come out of the scene.
>>
File: 1502552610378.jpg (33KB, 335x335px) Image search: [Google]
1502552610378.jpg
33KB, 335x335px
They're only doing this to extract a bit more money out of FO4 and TES5. There won't be another game in those series, they'll just go into legacy mode and continue maintaining ESO as long as it's profitable.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.