[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone saying a remake is "the original but better"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1504434253757.jpg (48KB, 480x272px) Image search: [Google]
1504434253757.jpg
48KB, 480x272px
Anyone saying a remake is "the original but better" has a very superficial look on video games. They are completely different game, that play completely differently and with a different atmosphere.
>>
ur mum was completely different after i remade her
>>
>>389145969
FF1 GBA and PSP aren't the same game as the original, though. The permanent easy mode, the change to MP, and the massive buff to spells for no reason make it play nothing like the original game in practice.

Now the PS1 game? That's literally the original game but with bugfixes and better visuals. It even has the option to disable retargeting.
>>
>>389145969
It depends on how much the remake changes. Some remakes only really make QOL changes, then you have stuff like your pic where they redid the magic system among other things.
>>
I am playing FFXII The Zodiac Age now. I played FFXII on release 10 years ago. TZA is better in every way.

tldr: op is a faget
>>
File: ff6remake.png (409KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
ff6remake.png
409KB, 680x454px
JUST
>>
>>389146235
>the massive buff to spells for no reason
wow it's almost like maybe the devs realized they fucked up and made every class aside from Warrior completely worthless.

The fact that people to this day still fucking use 4 warriors in the original NES version should show it's not a quality RPG.
>>
>>389146235
>>389147082
They buffed spells?
I thought they nerfed spells by giving everything increased magic defense (to make up for the MP change)
>>
>>389145969
Not true at all.

Remakes like comparing Castlevania x68000k to Chronicles Arrange mode are different.

Final fantasy to zodiac age is not. There is no such thing as a blanket statement in the gaming industry
>>
>>389145969
>Look at me i'm being pedantic for attention

fuck off
>>
>>389146981
tried to play it on a trip, just terrible
>>
>>389146235
>>389147082

Well spells were bugged anyway, INT didn't do anything and some just plain didn't work.
>>
>>389147082
4 Fighter is even better in the remakes you fucking dumbass.
>>
>>389147256
Random encounters take like a billion damage from spells so any caster wipes them out no problem. Bosses are a different story.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.