[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one get into the Tales series /v/? I'm checking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Symphonia_Cast.jpg (87KB, 576x448px) Image search: [Google]
Symphonia_Cast.jpg
87KB, 576x448px
How does one get into the Tales series /v/? I'm checking out the new PSN sale and have Tales of Xilia 1 and 2, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Zesteria, and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles in my cart for under $60. Is this a good starting point
>>
Sure
>>
>>389142180
I'd recommend starting with the very beginning of the series, Phantasia on PS1 (try emulation).
Then you should play Symphonia, for it's heavily tied to Phantasia. After that it's up to you, Abyss and Vesperia are among my favorites. The rest is kinda meh, but it's just my opinion. Stil didn't play Berseria tho.
>>
Tales of Phantasia
Tales of the Abyss
Tales of Symphonia
Tales of Vesperia

These are the safe ones, play any others at your own risk, especially Zesteria and Bersaria
>>
File: 1495162205478.jpg (48KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1495162205478.jpg
48KB, 540x482px
>>389144129
>berseria
>risk
>>
Depends, do you want to get to the good stuff asap or do you think you should be able to tolerate deeply flawed games first to see the series evolve?

If you want to see the evolution, you should start from Symphonia, then play Abyss (emulate it on PC, runs perfect with minor graphic glitches), then play Xillia. If you want to try another style of Tales, instead of Xillia play Graces F and then Xillia.

If you want to play the best one in the series by far that will make it impossible for you to enjoy the previous games, play Berseria on PC.

Anyway, you should definitely avoid Symphonia Chronicles (just get regular Symphonia, the sequel is dogshit), Xillia 2 (so much wasted potential in the story and combat it retroactively ruin Xillia 1), and Zestiria (it's dogshit).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.