[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> we'll give you a metric ton of weapons and ways to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 172
Thread images: 21

File: stealthwep.jpg (144KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
stealthwep.jpg
144KB, 1920x1080px
> we'll give you a metric ton of weapons and ways to murder and to maim your enemies
> but don't you go using them unless you wanna rack up them bad karma points and get the evil ending :^)

What did the stealth genre mean by this?
>>
MGS4 did that too and it infuriated me.
>You enjoy all the killing Snake

That whole message always fell flat on its face and Kojima should have stopped using it after The Sorrow's sequence in MGS3. They're not people we're killing it's just imaginary characters made up of programming and animation.
>>
>>389136363
You're supposed to outsmart the game by using non-lethal ways to achieve your goals, which are more difficult than just killing everything in your path.
>>
>>389136363
>the evil ending
MGSV has only one ending tard.
>>
>>389136601
> what are demon points
>>
>>389136648
Things that don't change the ending you double tard.
>>
The point is that the player is supposed to resist the temptation of beating the game "the easy way" with the automatic guns and explosives, and want to do it stealthfully. There'd be no point if the game forced you to use just the stealth weapons by not giving you anything else.
Also, I don't think any of the Metal Gear games gave you different endings based on how violent
or steathy you were, it just affected your score / ranking.
>>
>>389136537
Sure enough and that's the best way to play this, but I've found some stealth games (cough cough Dishonored) build their difficulty around a confrontational style. That is, they expect you to fight and kill people and make it hard for you to do so (more enemies, tougher enemies, etc.)

But if you just ghost the game, like I often do, you can finish the mission in five minutes. It feels like the game is forcing you to give up half the content.
>>
>>389136363
But being a demon doesn't effect gameplay.
>>
File: jontron2.jpg (47KB, 519x295px) Image search: [Google]
jontron2.jpg
47KB, 519x295px
>Most game devs are now making """stealth""" games into glorified mass murder simulators instead

It's sad that now stealth games just promote killing because it's the past of least resistance to beat the challenge.
>>
Only Dishonored does that, to my knowledge.
>>
File: 9d6.png (681KB, 600x633px) Image search: [Google]
9d6.png
681KB, 600x633px
>>389136363
>a shit ton of weapons
>they're all fake
>>
>>389136363
The MGS games challenge you to resist all these cool weapons.
Be the better man.
>>
>>389136913
>still believing the partriot given fake names are real
Go feed the war economy, you witless grunt.
>>
File: intro.jpg (37KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
intro.jpg
37KB, 800x600px
>>389136363
>using MGS (a military game) as an example
Hitman is THE REAL example

The game wants you to sedate a non-target for his uniform, strangle your target with a fibre wire (or do a unique-kill) and get the hell out of there. Oh but here are some dual .45 ACP pistols as your fucking signature weapons, some dual Sawn-off shotguns, dual Uzis, an M60, a Minigun, and a Katana. Go out there and have fun!
>>
>>389136363
>can't even dev the Mare's Leg ingame
shit desu.
>>
>>389136729
See, that's the thing. It cockteases you about using the fireworks and automatic weapons but then amps up the difficulty when you do (adaptive enemies in MGSV, rats in Dishonored, etc.) so it doesn't end up being the easy way at all.

What is 'harder' in the short term, non-lethal runs, ends up making the game stupidly easy later on. So you end up with

> A) Use all the toys and make the game harder threefold, plus get evil endings/bad karma/whatever
> B) Abstain yourself and make the game piss-easy for those good-boy points
>>
File: 1499071807269.webm (3MB, 432x544px) Image search: [Google]
1499071807269.webm
3MB, 432x544px
You can actually neutralise enemies without killing them, just shoot the leg.
>>
>>389136363
>can't get skulldicks mare's leg

what the fuck kojimbo?
>>
If you go for an all S/all op run most weapons are useful

>Suppressed AR to kill enemies quickly without alerts
>Suppressed SR for quick assassinations/ mission completion
>Brennan/Serval for quick skull kills
>Tranq weapons to avoid kills
>Riot sub-machine for short range stuns
>Rocket launcher for tank and anti-vehicle missions, guided launchers for gunships
>Explosives for diversion and to destroy anti air radars

Only shotguns suck

>>389136729
there is no difference in the story. Killing enemy soldiers doesn't add Demon pts. Building a nuke is what matters most.
>>
>>389137163
> Killing enemy soldiers doesn't add Demon pts.

Em, anon...
>>
What does it matter when the game is singleplayer? You're not being 'forced' to do anything and it's not like you can't play both ways.
>>
>>389136757
>But if you just ghost the game, like I often do, you can finish the mission in five minutes
I dunno, it takes me far longer to ghost through stealth games, I just like exploring every square inch of the level before going further.
>>
>>389136363
literally every modern ""stealth"" game ever

>have to go out of your way and restrict yourself just so you can play the game properly
>>
>>389137307
I get you. I'm just too pragmatic when playing, I suppose
>>
>>389136363
I think I cucked myself out of having fun in MGSV by going full non-lethal/stealth and never developing/using the lethal weapons
>>
File: 400px-MGSV-GZ-SkullFaceGun1.jpg (16KB, 400x146px) Image search: [Google]
400px-MGSV-GZ-SkullFaceGun1.jpg
16KB, 400x146px
>>389137146
>>389137086
W H Y
>>
If you kill your enemies, they win.
>>
>>389137163
>Only shotguns suck
In general, yes, but sticking a silencer on the stun shotgun is pretty powerful. Can take down highly-armored guards on FOBs in 2 shots, without alerting anyone, since the airblast ignores armor.
>>
>>389137351
I've never understood this, this is always the reason why people shit on Dishonored but you don't have to restrict yourself. Nobody is breathing down your neck telling you how to play, they just give you the option to play stealthily or aggressively and let the player decide what they want to do. It's not as if you're competing against other players, they're single player games.
>>
>>389137447
This. The air shotgun is actually fucking great for FOBs
>>
>>389137243
To be more precise, killing enemies don't add enough demon points if you do the regular story stuff. Saving quiet & DD, going to animal platform first time, rescuing kids, stopping sally etc. remove demon points way more than going full Ain't me on your enemies will give.
>>
>>389137059
Hitman does it nicely though
You can replay any level you want without having to restart the entire game, and the older ones let you collect weapons to bring to those missions
Plus your actions don't matter for future missions except for Blood Money so you don't have to replay to get another ending
>>
>>389136363
why do you care so much about what ending you get
>>
> we'll give you a metric ton of weapons and ways to murder and to maim your enemies
> but don't you go using them unless you wanna rack up them bad karma points and get the evil ending :^)
>but we also give you a game breakingly broken tranq gun at the start too if you want to play the "boring" way
>>
File: 1503860370761.jpg (161KB, 720x706px) Image search: [Google]
1503860370761.jpg
161KB, 720x706px
>dishonored 2 adds non-lethal combat
>"oh cool"
>sword fight a guard, parry him and start to choke him out
>another guard just fucking shoots at me killing him
>>
>>389137814
Tranq pistol was a mistake
>>
>>389137457
the devs obviously encourage stealthy non lethal playthrough with various points, achievements and ending.
In my opinion, these games trying to be jack of all trades, trying to appeal to every playstyle hurt them more. They usually end up lacking in both of the worlds and mixing them up is also not an option either. It just takes me out of the game when I know I can mop the floor with the bad guys, why am I hiding from them? Its just that when you ignore 80% of games features whats there left to have fun with?
>>
>>389137572
>>389137447
Stun shotgun is your goto weapon before you reach grade 8+ gear.
>>
>>389136363
*SNORT*
>slaughter thousands of men
PAY MY BILLS
>how was i supposedo know that was wrong
*PUSHES BUTTONS*
>bugged morality mechanics
NOTHING I COULD DO
>>
There aren't even that many guns in the end. The list looks huge, but that's only because it pads things out super hard with things AK (normal), AK (short barrel), AK (heavy barrel), AK (7.62), AK (7.62, short barrel), AK (7.62, heavy barrel). You cut that shit out and there's like four weapons per class, sometimes less.
>>
Only learnt the other day that blowing up vehicles doesn't count as a kill if the people inside it die, so suddenly RPGs became viable.
>>
>>389136363
Are you stupid? Yes, your stupid.
You need a vast amount of demon points just to raise a horn. And karma influences only on your appearance and maybe your crew's mood. There is no "bad ending for bad karma" in the game at all!
>>
>>389136729
>The point is that the player is supposed to resist the temptation of beating the game "the easy way" with the automatic guns and explosives, and want to do it stealthfully.
This is bad game design desu
>>
>>389137958
Yeah I get what you mean and I agree, it just makes me laugh when people act like they're being forced to play a certain way in a single player game. I enjoyed Dishonored for what it was because I took what I wanted from it. I wanted a first person stealth game that I could ghost that wasn't Thief 1 and 2 and that's what I got. It was nice to have the option to play as a overpowered *teleports behind you* guy and I replayed a few levels that way, but I never felt like the game was forcing me to play a certain way and a dev was going to jump out of my monitor and tell me off for killing someone.
>>
>>389138225
Not an arugment.
>>
File: 1501052445872.jpg (276KB, 1077x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1501052445872.jpg
276KB, 1077x1037px
>far cry 3
>shoot someone
>guy sees it
>instead of taking cover and checking the area (highly dense jungle all around the camp, could be anywhere) he fucking runs RIGHT @ me
>get spotter moving through tonnes of foliage
>save the game
>quit
>play it next day
>no save
nu-stealth is fucking shit

>MGSV
>use the tranq
>shoot anywhere on their body
>"must be the wind or something"
>repeat ad infinitum to clear a base without any hassle
>use my CQB sniper (red dot, 75 round drum)
>shoot a helmet
>*PING*
>everymother fucker goes apeshit and checks my area
>have to run around killing people one by one
>get to the last guy
>*spotted*
>kill him
>>
File: dump000.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dump000.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>playing any stealth game aside from Thief or Hitman
I hope you learned from your mistake.
>>
>>389138302
But it is. A proper game would have

> incentive -> challenge -> reward

But most stealth games, with the craze to have ten billion tools in your belt to use, do

> incentive -> punishment (for lethal runs)

or

> challenge -> end credits (in non-lethal runs)

Is it too much to ask for a game that incentivises non-lethal runs, challenges you while doing them and rewards you for doing them?
>>
>>389138584
I'm sure beginning to understand that lesson. On that note, should I start with Dark Project, Metal Age or Thi4f?
>>
>>389136363
>but don't you go using them unless you wanna rack up them bad karma points and get the evil ending :^)
what who cares
I wasted my time carefully tranquilizing and choking people for 2/3 the game because I wanted MB staff. Then by the end of the game it didn't even matter because you need to do all the FOB bullshit to ever possibly get enough staff to get the cool shit. Way more fun on PC with mods to unlock everything from the start.
>>
>>389138293
my main gripe with dishonored games is that they are too easy. I played them both like pure stealth and guns blazing. Both times I felt like they were lacking in both regards.
I guess I just dont like challenging myself, I like to be challenged by others. When I have to deliberately gimp myself to experience some semblance of difficulty all it tells me is that the game is bad
>>
>being good is harder than being evil
So, basically the same as reality, then
>>
>>389138716
Dark Project/Gold. Avoid Thi4f like the plague.
>>
File: Kojima_Sad.jpg (191KB, 940x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kojima_Sad.jpg
191KB, 940x400px
MGS V was a mistake.
>>
>>389138730
All I'm asking is they make being good as fun as being evil, even if you do it for moral pleasure. You're playing to have fun, after all
>>
>>389138302
Stealth requires the tension of being caught, which requires you to be weaker than your enemies, if not individually then at least because you're outnumbered. If you're just a combat god who's magnanimously holding back to amuse himself until the foolish mortals force his hand, where's the tension? If you were capable of levelling the enemy base single-handedly, why were you taking the effort to infiltrate carefully?
>>
I actually don't mind how Splinter Cell Blacklist did the scoring for stealth kills
Basically no disturbed enemies>non-lethal>stealh kills>loud kills
>>
>>389138630
>Is it too much to ask for a game that incentivises non-lethal runs, challenges you while doing them and rewards you for doing them?
Well, Phantom Pain has two out of those three at least. It's just missing the challenge part, since nonlethal is way easier than lethal for some reason.
>>
>>389136537
Non-lethal was always the easiest option in MGS though because would never react strangely to a knocked out guard unless they weren't already in Alert status. If you kill a guard though you have to worry about them finding the body or bloodstains, and if they do find them they go out looking for you. The only time non-lethal was a problem was in the boss battles.
>>
>>389138716
Deadly Shadows is also worth playing.
>>
>>389138778
Thank you, kind Anon.
>>
>>389138827
i forgot to add that the only con to going lethal or loud is less money at the end of a mission to spend on new gear
>>
>>389138843
PP, for all the shit it gets, is probably my favourite stealth game. Dude Sex 1 is probably a close, close second.

But this is OP not having played Thief, like said above
>>
>>389138730
Often times it isn't, even. "Stealth" isn't synonymous with "non-lethal". The choice between knocking out your enemies or stealth-killing them is often arbitrary. In Human Revolution, non-lethal takedowns were even the superior option from a mechanics point of view.
>>
I've been putting off Dishonored for a couple years at this point because I worry about the scoring
>>
>>389137059
>playing hitman contracts
>dress up as police officer
>walk into terrorist area
>they shoot at me and chase me
>run back to the police area
>the terrorists follow me and shoot me in front of my fellow police officers
>the police then pull their guns and shoot me

why is the AI in Hitman so retarded
>>
>>389136492
>MGS4 did that too and it infuriated me
how did it penalize you for killing grunts, besides score?
>>
>>389139051
If you like stealth, it's honestly a timesink. I just clocked around 20 hours and it felt like six, going the non-lethal route.

Also the deeper lore about the Void, Outsider and Abbey is a gold nugget if you're into Tolkien, Dune or even Morrowind and Divine Cybermancy. 9/10 from me on that front.
>>
Don't you balance out, or just get rid of Demon points by fultoning people, taking nukes from FOBs, fultoning animals, etc?
>>
>>389138374
>>MGSV
>>use the tranq
>>shoot anywhere on their body
>>"must be the wind or something"
>>repeat ad infinitum to clear a base without any hassle

you'd run out of ammo or the others would spot fallen guys and alert the CP. Also gl doing an S/hard run by slowly tranq everyone
>>
>>389137447
the stun shotgun is the only worthwhile shotgun in the game, and even the urugan-s is just as effective.
>>
>>389136363
>stealth genre
Metal Grind 5 is not a stealth game dummy.
>>
>Not pot-shotting a guy in the feet to bring him to the ground while you hold up and interrogate him while he slowly bleeds out

Non-lethal is fun as fuck with lethal guns.
>>
>>389139325
>guy collapses
>HUH?
>*his friend runs over to him*
>*crouches next to him*
>*tranq him*
you dont tranq everyone though, tranq one guy and while he is about to sleep choke the other guy. the game is piss easy
>>
>>389136363
>set your game around real historical geopolitical events
>make all the guns and vehicles FAKE, jarringly disconnecting the story from reality and historical facts
What did Kojima even think this would accomplish?
>>
>>389139564
Not him, but that gamestyle is just sloppy IMO. I much prefer going the complete ghost route -- no-one can EVER even suspect someone was in their base.
>>
File: Mark-of-the-Ninja_3_358.png (2MB, 1035x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Mark-of-the-Ninja_3_358.png
2MB, 1035x1600px
This game did the stealth pretty well. You can be lethal/non-lethal/tricky/ghost/whatever as long as you didn't fuck up.
>>
>>389139705
Probably thinking the dev or publisher didn't want to shell out money for licensing fees

I'm probably being baited but the "fake" guns could work, they're not Bethesda Fallout tier bad. They're mashups of various real guns, or for some just simple renames.
>>
>>389139705

how does a retard like you make it past floating rave kid and mad fire ghost with your "immersion" intact
>>
>>389139705
>jarringly disconnecting the story from reality and historical facts
Nigger fucking what

Just because it has some resemblance to geopolitical events doesn't mean that it is trying to be a sociopolitical commentary on the events of soviet invasion of Afghan. It's a world with PMCs the size of a country, giant mechs, psychics and AI controlling the world shadow government, are you sure those do not disconnect you from the reality of things? No? Fucking retard.
>>
File: 20170822195742_1.jpg (369KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170822195742_1.jpg
369KB, 1920x1080px
>>389139769
tired replaying it with guns and explosives but it still pretty boring, using the FPS mods and its kinda fun
>killan @ the airport
>all is well
>pretty fun
>almost killed everyone
>get stunlocked by 2 guys with shotguns
>die
>>
>>389139873
Visual similarity doesn't mean shit.
As long as you use fake names and not the official designations, you can model your guns based on real life products as much as you want.
>>
File: UN-ARC-HB.jpg (283KB, 753x899px) Image search: [Google]
UN-ARC-HB.jpg
283KB, 753x899px
I like the UN-ARC, its real fuckin NATO
>>
>>389140362
And also 7.62x39 at the same time, somehow, so it can share ammo with the notAKM.
That was a really dumb design choice. I don't like it.
>>
>>389137108

But the reactive enemies adapted to non-lethal methods too....
>>
>>389136363
There's only one ending in MGSV, you can still S Rank missions even going nuclear, and Demon points is only a visual effect that changes nothing. What game are you thinking of, Dishonored? Dishonored only gives you the 'bad ending' if you become a mass murderer, not if you kill just a few people. The ending in it isn't even bad to begin with, and the game rewards you by giving you more enemies to kill.

So again, what game are you thinking of?
>>
>>389136850
>Most game devs are now making """stealth""" games into glorified mass murder simulators instead
Im thankful desu senpai
That dumb pussy "dont kill ppl gals thats bad" needs to go. Murder is 10x more fun than ghost shit
>>
>>389139873
It's not that they don't look like real guns or have real gun names, but the fact they are such ugly, bulgy, mixed up, retarded looking crap.
>>
>>389140652
Shhhhh, let him have his retarded rant.
>>
>>389140652
Yup, one of the ways MGSV amortizes the problem is making enemies adapt to either style. In that regard I've no complaints, the game stays challenging.

But other games, like Dishonored or Deus Ex HR, not so much
>>
>>389140319
some designs are patented aren't they?
>>
>>389140721
I think you guys are getting confused. I put 'bad ending' in there to group all the consequences most stealth games penalize a lethal run with. Dishonored for example makes the whole fucking town get massacred by a plague just because you killed a fraction of the people that are already dying.
>>
>>389136363
Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow are the only two games that did military stealth right. Prove me wrong.
>>
What they should have done is make only lethal weapons available at the start, and nonlethals being specifically a found plans thing. Also make them expensive to supply. Even if you need to use a firearm in a situation, you can always kneecap the solider and fulton their ass.
>>
>>389140362
It's a shame you can't deploy the bipod for some suppressing fire.
>>
>>389140904
>Dishonored for example makes the whole fucking town get massacred by a plague just because you killed a fraction of the people that are already dying
But that's wrong you chucklefuck.
>>
>>389136363
>series known for its gunporn shit
>end it with fake toy guns, chinese knock-off designs, and pipe weapons from fallout 4
>>
>>389140904
You realize there are two high chaos endings, yes?
Also
>already dying
LMAO, maybe if you murder every weeper in the game, and even then I think you would be low chaos.
>>
>>389141024
How?
>>
>>389140652
They don't adapt much. You use lethal guns a lot and everyone starts wearing riot suits and have helicopter support, which is a big difference. The only ways they react to nonlethal are waking up faster from tranqs (not an issue since they still last ages) and wearing gas masks (helpful half the time since it means they can't use NVGs or helmets at the same time).
It's kinda funny that the riot suits only show up if you go lethal, since they're way more effective against nonlethal instead. Lethal has guns with high penetration to shoot through them, but nonlethal doesn't have any ranged options other than grenades, and those get a lot of attention.
>>
>>389141106
Nope, murdering Weepers racks up the chaos meter. Do your reading.
>>
>>389141127
Before I answer that let me ask you a question. How many enemies did you kill per level, how many civilians, and did you poison SlackJaws still?
>>
>>389141273
Obviously, which is why I mentioned them. I just don't think there are enough in the game to warrant high chaos if you genocide them but never touch a single other person.
>>
>>389141141
I guess my core problem with this dissonance in design is, it forces you into boredom very easily. I can't remember the time I equipped anything but my tranq pistol, tranq rifle and silenced machine gun for a sortie in MGS5, I can't remember using anything but Blink, Posession and Dark Eyes in Dishonored -- heck, I can't remember using anything but the tranq pistol and mic-darts in any Splinter Cell.
>>
>>389141368
No enemies save the duel at the Boyle Manor, no civilians, but did poison the still.

Even then, the reaction to 'Corvo went into a killing spree on his way to revenge' shouldn't be 'and the whole city got swept over by the plague (?)'. It should be something like 'and Emily was quickly deposed years later when Corvo died and hatred for the oppressive Empire lingered' or something. Coherent penalties here, the game could have told you 'if, on your quest to set things right, you do the wrong things you'll just keep the wheel of bloodshed rolling'.

But, no. Evul ending because evul actions.
>>
File: guns.jpg (253KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
guns.jpg
253KB, 1920x1080px
>here's your AK47 comrade
>>
>>389141553
>No enemies save the duel at the Boyle Manor, no civilians, but did poison the still.
So then you don't have any idea what you are actually talking abot then. Like I said before, you can still kill ALL your targets and quite a few enemies and STILL be in low chaos.

Also, killing large amount of guards and such not only provides more food for rats to eat and populate, it also makes it so those Guards can no loinger dispose of bodies and keep the plauge in check. The plauge is constantly spreading throughout the city no matter what path you chose, it's just more readily present in High Chaos because even less people are stopping it.
>but did poison the still.
So you spread the disease even further which is another explanation on how it spreads more due to your actions. You are retarded.
>>
>>389141667
I really dislike that the only penalty for having a rifle a mile long is that it'll have bad autoaim. If you have autoaim turned off it's not even a drawback.
>>
>>389141553
>>389141805
>whole city got swept over by the plague
Also forgot to mention, even in High Chaos, if Emily doesn't die this also doesn't happen. The city still turns out fine in the end.
>>
>>389141380
>tranq pistol and mic-darts in any Splinter Cell.
>needing anything with a trigger in SC
lol
>>
>>389141827
>heres your stun sniper rifle bro
the game needs more customisation, hope survive gets way more stuff than this
>>
>>389141667
But comrade Silent Mastodon, that is not glorious people's Kalashnikov that is capitalist Heckler of Koch. Are you spy?
>>
>>389137884
Does it count as a kill when you finish the level though? This is important.
>>
>>389142127
They had a good idea but most of the stats means jack shit.
>>
File: Double Barrel Operator.webm (3MB, 642x370px) Image search: [Google]
Double Barrel Operator.webm
3MB, 642x370px
>>389141827
Speaking strictly about playing with a controller, I think reducing autoaim stength is a good way to simulate the way that a longer weapon is somewhat more unwieldy to use, especially in CQC. It's a shame it doesn't really work with KB+M.
>>
File: stunning.jpg (499KB, 1920x1536px) Image search: [Google]
stunning.jpg
499KB, 1920x1536px
>>389142127
>>389141827
>forgot the image

>>389142135
>HK
but HK aint AK my commrade
>>
>>389141667
>>389142350
I hate the way the camo in MGSV always looks worn out. You'd think the gun autist Big Boss would maintain his weapons better.
>>
>>389141553
>poison the still.
>poison the still that is making gueto anti plague potions
>derp why did the plague even more derp
>>
>>389141805
> poison the still in a highly-secluded district run by a gang hostile to outsiders and keeping a tight ship on who touches the still
> meh, it spread all over the fucking place
>>
File: akm.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
akm.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>389142532
>can get non- weatherd paint
>its only solid colour and you cant chose what part to apply it to
>only works on plastic parts
weird how this costs only 80 GMP
>>
>>389142748
They were selling the elixir on the black market, you idiot.
>>
>>389139828
Best stealth game in recent years IMO, path of nightmares was dope and I wish more stealth games would use fear and terror as a middle ground between ghost and full rambo
>>
File: 1426508770909.jpg (321KB, 1400x827px) Image search: [Google]
1426508770909.jpg
321KB, 1400x827px
>>389136363
This would have been fine if they didn't go for the open world meme or atleast had a decent story/campaign.

There's only really 2-3 boss encounters where you can actually go all out with your weapons where the previous games had tons of boss encounters.
>>
>>389142748
>keeping a tight ship on who touches
Its not an alcohol still they make health potions m8
>>
>>389139325
>you'd run out of ammo or the others would spot fallen guys and alert the CP. Also gl doing an S/hard run by slowly tranq everyone

S rank is doable even without tranq
>>
>>389142815
You'd figure they stop once they realised it's poisoned.

But anyway, I'm not complaining about the game punishing chaotic actions. I'm complaining it doesn't give you more ways to carry out non-lethal actions.
>>
>>389140956
The other way around. Less effective tranq gun should be available from the start and be cheap to supply. Then you get yourself some riot guns which are faster to use but still don't kill the enemy. And then you get the real guns, explosives and shit. Doesn't make much sense in real world but from a works in a videogame.
>>
>>389140728
Have you considered that maybe stealth games just aren't for you?
>>
>>389142879
Can't really use terror tactics in the current year. Too problematic and all that other leftist mumbojumbo.
>>
>>389142532
>big boss

anon
>>
>>389143027
clearly modern game developers disagree
>>
>>389136537
I played MGS 3 by going shirtless and running through the jungle with my M16
>>
>>389143098
He's the big boss too, big boss said so.
>>
>>389142940
>You'd figure they stop once they realised it's poisoned.
>the evil gang selling fake elixirs (that still work as health potions mind) is totally going to stop selling fake medicine because it's been contaminated
lol no, they'd lower the price to sell as much as they could before people noticed something was wrong, spreading the plague even further.
>>
>>389143098
Not him, but Venom was brainfucked pretty thoroughly.
>>
>>389143319
Anon, he was speaking to us, the players. We were the real big bosses all along
>>
Anyone else agree that one of MGSV's biggest problems was the open world stealth environments? It's just too easy to sneak up on a small camp when you can go 360 degrees around it and crawl in from any direction. IMO the MGS stealth systems worked best indoors or in tight spaces like what was given in MGS3.
>>
>>389143381
Yeah and I made the Venom in my image. Checkmate atheist.
>>
>>389138780
IMMA LET YOU FINISH BUT-
>>
>>389143053
What does leftism have to do with that? The whole Batman series is based around terror stealth
>>
>>389143417
no
that was literally the only good point of the open world. Being able to choose how to approach the enemy base was great.

Now if only instead of an open world we had open levels.
Like mgs 3 but each area was bigger, instead of segregated in tiny corridors.
>>
>>389141141
Non-lethal response also includes guards patrolling in pairs, decoys, body armor, and helmets. Possibly claymore mines too, but I'm not 100% sure.
>>
>>389143572
imo being able to choose any approach made the stealth way too easy.
>>
>>389143642
Those aren't nonlethal responses. Armour is related to finishing missions through combat, so the complete opposite. Decoys and mines are related to finishing missions without combat alerts, not specifically nonlethal. Helmets are just from headshots, obviously, which aren't specifically nonlethal, they're just headshots.
Not sure about guards patrolling in pairs though. I didn't think that was even related to readiness.
>>
>not going non-lethal with lethal weaponry
I think it's a tad more fun trying not to kill anyone but I'll still shoot a nigga if he looks at me trying to sneak by him inside a box. Also I only bring in my handgun which looks like the socom and a rifle that looks almost identical to the famas and wear the mgs1 skin. I just wished that all enemy guards would turn into mgs1 guards when I wear that outfit.
>>
>Didn't realize until 100+ hours in that boxes with
girly/anime posters are retardedly OP
>>
>>389143863
Nah. Stealth was easy because reflex mode, and because silenced tranq guns.
Remove that and try a true ghost run and you'll see it can be challenging.

Tho the tiny outposts were obviously never meant to be a challenge, they were only there to fill up the empty open world.
>>
>>389141827
The gun customization is garbage in every way.
>you can affect the statistics so little that it doesn't even make a difference in actual combat use
>no penalty for anything
>no deployment cost for optics, suppressors or magazines, which give you the biggest utility benefits

This is how gun customizing SHOULD be done in general:
>adding a longer barrel gives you tighter spread, but increases per shot recoil and gun weight
>any attachements or additions add weight
>any weight added to a gun makes it "handle" worse: slower to aim down sights, turn, switch to and from, and reload, and bigger accuracy penalty when moving or turning
>combined weight of all your guns affects your movement speed
>>
>>389144227
>adding a longer barrel gives you tighter spread, but increases per shot recoil
lol no
the heavier a gun is, the more recoil it absorbs m8, making it easier to shoot it.

I agree with the rest more or less.
>>
>>389144225
Who the fuck played with reflex mode on?
>>
Well to tell the truth, even with the op tranq gun, going for a non-lethal stealth approach was hard if you turn off reflex and enemy markings.
>>
>>389144507
were you here during the release? Shitters were bitching that the game was "designed with reflex mode in mind" so the stealth wasn't "fair"
>>
>>389143563
I would have loved it if the arkham games gave you more options to work with fear, like a more terrifying suits or some gadgets based on scarecrows chemicals, maybe an option to terrorize enemies into submission without just knocking them out in the end
>>
>>389144536
Can you actually turn marking off in TPP? I tried in GZ and I still saw marked enemies.
>>
>>389144356
Gameplay balance comes before realism.
>>
>>389144225
>reflex mode
I actually forgot this game had this feature because I turned it of before I even started playing.
Same thing with HITMAN
I actually recommended HITMAN to a friend and they complained it was too easy and started going on about all the shit I had just turned off immediately and I had no idea what they were talking about.
>>
>>389144227
Are there any games with good gun customization?
>>
I played the entire game just using the silenced Riot SMG with rubber bullets, tranquilizer gun is shit why only have 8 shots when you can have 100 instead.
>>
>>389136850
to be fair what are the most notable stealth games of this decade? Dishonored and MGSV, are there any others worth mentioning?
Both these games penalize you (morally) for killing enemies
>>
>>389145776
Splinter Cell
>>
>>389145776
Styx shards of darkness is a pure stealth game with little to no reliance on combat which is barebones (the combat) at best but the stealth is as developed as the best using light darkness and even sound in an uncompromising old school stealth package while even adding a touch of what feels like platforming yet I'm hesitant to call it a stealth platformer. it's basically a love letter to proper stealth.

don't know why more people haven't played it honestly considering how everyone is constantly complaining there's no good stealth games left. this one's quite fucking brilliant.
>>
File: 1478146053344.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1478146053344.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
>>389136363
this is the best stealth game because it doesn't do that shit. killing people is a choice you weigh against knocking them out temporarily
>>
>>389140565
no you're wrong...if you mod your rifle to use the SVG-67(AKM-like) mag,it uses 7.62x54R rounds..which explains the mag curve..

if you use the UN-ARC's mag,its just 7.62 NATO rounds...
>>
>>389144698
Yes, but you won't see the mission objective marker as well. The binocular still marks everything, it's just not displayed on screen, only on the map in Idroid.
>>
>>389139070
If you kill too many enemies during an alert phase, it will cause Snake to have a flashback of Liquid's "you enjoy all the killing speech", which is followed by some vomiting.
>>
>>389138813
This anon's right
>>
>>389138813
This is why amnesia and outlast are the best stealth games
>>
Any of you guys played the new Styx game? Aside from the cringy dialogue I loved it, cool level design and classic stealth gameplay based on shadows.
>>
>>389144227
sup, dumbass nogunz
>>
>>389149449
yeah, I mentioned it above, I didn't mind the dialogue in the game, death screens could have disappeared and I wouldn't have missed any of them.

I think the level design is incredible, it actually gives you so much environmental movement that it's not plagued by playing a waiting game, any waiting you do is your call, you don't have to stop moving for a second in Styx and that's fantastic. I think the idea of making waiting fun is silly and Styx makes it look silly by comparison of how free flowing each area is.

three playthroughs in and I'm still figuring out new mechanics like pod throwing from ropes to get to places far earlier. even the tutorial level is designed to be largely skippable, you can condense it down to 6 minutes easily just from understanding how intuitive styx's climbing can be.
>>
>>389142336
what movie
Thread posts: 172
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.