[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How doable for me to win a fighting tournament if I focused on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 1459790213952.jpg (128KB, 1000x1075px) Image search: [Google]
1459790213952.jpg
128KB, 1000x1075px
How doable for me to win a fighting tournament if I focused on one fighting game for at least 2 hours a day, practicing, playing online, going to locals, learning tech, etc?
>>
>>389134423
depends on how much hours your opponents would play, ain't it snookums?
just cheese it with some shitty tactic, like low kick all the game
>>
>>389134423
Why do i love King so much, what makes her so special and classy ?
>>
Maybe a local, 2 hours is fuck all.
>>
>>389134423
Depends how quickly you pick up. If you just fight opponents that drown in pools, and can't move up, then it will take awhile. So again, it's how quickly you pick things up, you can't really give a timetable for this.
>>
Unless it's dead as fuck like power instinct not no
>>
File: 1503629076149.jpg (51KB, 568x562px) Image search: [Google]
1503629076149.jpg
51KB, 568x562px
Too broad of a question.

Do you have any experience with fighting games?
What game?
How big is your local area?
...and a ton of other questions.

You'll be a scrub in most games for a looooooooong time, but it's the people who get bodied and come back that are the ones who even have a chance at winning against other, scary, real life people.
>>
tournament victories are based entirely on who you get to compete against, and your natural disposition for reading your opponent

you don't get to compete against the best players, statistically you're going to be terrible at reading your opponent, especially since you don't even have experience against them, and you don't have the ice in your blood necessary to crush people into submission

the best you can possibly achieve won't even qualify for a tournament--just play for fun, for decades, and maybe there will be a window for you to win a few meaningful fights
>>
>do you have people to play with?
>do you enjoy competition?
>are you naturally good at vidya?
>are you a fast learner?
(what ever the case may be)
>do you go full autist on things you enjoy?
>are you a little bitch who gets discouraged because their epeen isnt increasing?
if you can answer all these correctly, then probably.
>>
>>389134423
i used to play 8 hours a day.
time is irrelevant when it comes to fighters. it comes down to actually trying to improve and fighting other good players.
>>
Hey guys if I practice football for two hours a day could I get on an NFL team next month?
>>
>>389134423
>2 hours a day
15 years.
>>
>>389134423
>if I focused on one fighting game for at least 2 hours a day, practicing, playing online, going to locals, learning tech, etc?
Here's the thing though, almost everyone who attends tournaments do that and much much more.

What really makes a winner in fighting games is steel nerves. Are you prone to tilting when you get baited or miss combos and get punished? How do you handle taunting? Are you calm in crowds? Can you ensure good decision making in tough situations? etc.
>>
>>389134423
I don't think games are gonna help you win a fighting tournament
>>
>>389135414
Are steel nerves really that much of a big deal, what if you had them but have shit fundamentals?
>>
Best way to play well in tourney is to have played in tourney frequently in the past. You get used to playing under pressure and get familiar with the people you play, and might even make some friends you can practice with when not at the tourney.
>>
>>389134760
>Do you have any experience with fighting games?
A little, most I played seriously was SF 4
>What game?
BlazBlue or KoF 14
>How big is your local area?
Not pretty big so I have to commute to a different area

>>389136701
Most of the comments is basically "go to locals". I guess that's the best way to improve in short timeframe
>>
>>389134423
>win
Might be a bit much. You could probably put in a solid showing though.
>>
2 hours a day is more than enough, it's just gonna take time to get good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.