[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so im still on the fence about getting a switch i need to know,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 243
Thread images: 29

File: DC1V6HFWsAAaAnA.jpg (187KB, 1000x770px) Image search: [Google]
DC1V6HFWsAAaAnA.jpg
187KB, 1000x770px
so im still on the fence about getting a switch

i need to know, does this game have heart and soul
>>
>>389123278
It's shit. Once you've done the plateau you've basically already done everything you can in this game. There is never really anything new after that.
>>
>>389123278

Reading all the criticism has really soured me on it.
>>
>>389123278
Wait till December sales. This game is really good and will last you a while but once its over there aren't many games to pick from. There are a few good games coming out late this year so by December it will be worth it
>>
It's one of the few open world games where it actually feels good to wander around and explore.
>>
>>389123278
Yes, it's the best first party nintendo game in years. A lot of care went into building the game
>>
>>389123278
plays like a 3D version of the first Zelda
very barebones in that regard, but good if you like the feeling of isolation
>>
>>389123643
I think it's really unlikely anything Switch related will be on sale this year, unless inventory really starts cluttering up
>>
>>389123278
>does this game have heart and soul
Yes
>>
>>389123278
All of its content is collecting 2 items the entire game, with nothing notable in between and shit combat. Go look at gameplay videos and watch someone press forward for 10 minutes to reach the same point of interest as last time, for the same reward.

Probably one of my least favorite games this year, almost put me to sleep. I didn't even finish all the shrines, it got so boring.
>>
>>389123278
I enjoyed it all the way through but I can't see myself playing it again. Maybe that's not really an issue, but the replay value is terrible in my opinion.
>>
>>389123653
I dont see how there is payoff for exploring when you get the same rewards everytime. Are you amused by set pieces and visuals?
>>
>>389123595
The /v/ greentext list made by people who make it a part of their daily schedule to hate certain games as much as possible? Yeah get your recommendations from them.
>>
>>389123546
That's an absolutely absurd statement. The plateau is the worst part of the game and the quicker you're off it the better. It gets significantly more interesting afterwards.
>>
File: 1501929459930.jpg (123KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1501929459930.jpg
123KB, 1024x1024px
>>389123854
If you can't see playing a game as anything beyond "do task, get reward", maybe you should take a break from playing them for a while. You've desensitized yourself to the whole experience.
>>
>>389123854
>the same
That's not true though.
>>
>>389123278
And you trust the opinions of this here fair imageboard why? and yes it has plenty of heart and soul as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>389123278
>does this game have heart and soul
yes but for all the wrong reasons. the dungeons and shrines are ass. there are no major items to discover and play around with past the 3 or so tools you get at the start. but you will have a great time just wandering around, the world is the best ever made in an open world game. the sense of explorations is amazing

if you were smart you would wait for the next revision of the Switch though. nintendo always updates hardware and you can bet switch slim or whatever will be a big improvement considering how shoddy the switch is currently. and no reason to get one now for one fucking game. if odyssey turns out to be an amazing 10/10 then maybe (even then wait a few months for the real opinions to come out, nintendo always gets it's dick sucked at first)

plenty of other shit to play in the meantime
>>
I got bored after the first 2 dungeons and stopped after the third.

Exploration is shit because you've seen it all by the time you've completed the first dungeon and you can't tell if the next place you explore is going to have a bunch of content or just going to be a vast empty space that the devs used as filler.
Enemies for the most part are copy/paste and there is zero reason to engage them.
Some of the worst boss fights of the series.
All sort of preparation is dropped by the time you complete your first dungeon as you'll have permanent items to combat cold/hot areas and they hand them out to the player way to easily.

It's one of the better games of the year but I regret falling for the hype and getting a Switch for it.
>>
>>389123278
Its pretty good. If you're still unsure you could wait for Mario Odssey next month too.
>>
>>389123702
It's nothing like Zelda, that's its biggest problem. It's just not a Zelda game. It's Skyrim with a Zelda skin

LoZ you went from dungeon to dungeon and you'd find items that would allow you to go to new places, like the ladder, raft, candle, etc. BotW dumps every tool you ever get in the first hour and the rest of the game is just increasing your hearts and stamina
>>
>>389123937
The plateau is the best bit because the glider, powers and armour sets trivialize exploration into nothing after the plateau.
>>
>>389124397
>I got bored after the first 2 dungeons and stopped
>and you can't tell if the next place you explore is going to have a bunch of content
you're a dim one
>>
>>389124502
>It's Skyrim with a Zelda skin

this is my fear
>>
first impressions
>wow, I can do so much different shit
>wait, this huge area was this tiny bit of the map? holy fuck
>all this exploration on my god

midway
>most shrines are neat-o
>love these dungeons, rather short but their gimmicks are really cool and they make me think about the structure layout
>every now and then another NEAT/TECHNOLOGY moment
>oh dear god what the fuck is that a dragon
>collectibles everywhere

eventually
>ok, I'm getting tired of the game, I guess I'll just finish it now

so long as you go in without knowing much about it, you'll find plenty to enjoy, and when you start getting tired of the game you can focus on finishing it so it won't get stale, I really recommend the game, despite its glaring flaws
>>
>>389123715
You can dream.
>>
>>389124540
Reading comprehension

Iwata kicked the bucket because your shill game isn't on point.
>>
>>389123278
It absolutely has a heart and soul. You can feel the passion and love they poured into it. If you'll like it or not is another story.
>>
>>389123278
Yes, hearts are used as your health meter and you meet the souls of a handful of deceased characters.
>>
I have said this before but
the problem with botw is that it is a zelda game. Zelda games are meant to be linear, not open world. It just doesn't work. fighting is kind of lame imo, the game is kind of too easy, the characters are bland as fuck, link is boring and shows no personality, side quests are literally pointless and just leave you empty (you get either rupees or a weapon that is probably worse than what you have), a lot of shrine quests are just a chore, but god is the world and the exploration of it amazing. I just wish this game could have been so much better, with unique weapons that don't break unless it made sense (like sticks, those always break) sidequests that are actually rewarding, and more armor sets with more attributes
tl;dr botw is good but could have been so much better and I am butt hurt
>>
File: 1499401708923.jpg (33KB, 455x349px) Image search: [Google]
1499401708923.jpg
33KB, 455x349px
>>389123278
>Heart and soul
Not quite.

Sure, there's nothing stopping you outside of the tutorial, but from there a lot of problems become apparent.

>Lack of OST really throws things off
>Activating shrines becomes tedious, even just to use them to teleport
>Inventory management is annoying as fuck, even worse than elder scrolls games
>Until you get some good weapons and armor, you are generally fucked
>Weapon and enemy variety
>In between finding shrines, enemy camps, minerals, and towers you're going to find jack shit except for Korok puzzles and a couple villages. The overworld is FUCKING EMPTY.
>Weather constantly fucks up trying to get anywhere in most regions
>There's literally no point in finding memories

Traveling between any two points (without teleporting) is annoying as fuck for every reason I listed above. It is genuinely frustrating spending 40 minutes figuring out how to get somewhere, then you get killed or fuck up and have to do it all over again.
It's a good time waster, but fuck it gets boring after 20 or so hours.
>>
>>389123278
I enjoyed my time with it. It has some serious issues and the story is a heaping load of missed potential, but I still logged a lot of time in it before I got bored and decided to beat Ganon already. Anyone who says the game is shit is baiting way too hard or they just have shit taste.
>>
>>389125437
>>Until you get some good weapons and armor, you are generally fucked
I don't disagree with the other points, but holy shit git gud
>>
>>389125437
Holy fuck git gud
>>
>>389125437
if you dont like the OST in BOTW you are a literal pleb
>>
>>389125437
>It is genuinely frustrating spending 40 minutes figuring out how to get somewhere, then you get killed or fuck up and have to do it all over again.
The game has autosaves you know?
>>
>>389124502
The problem with BotW is that Aonuma thoughtlessly threw out all the old Zelda conventions without understanding why they were put in there in the first place and replaced them with nothing. I can guarantee that the game would have been 100% better if they hadn't gotten rid of them.

For example, BotW lacks meaningful quest rewards and has a completely broken healing system where you can hold more healing items then you will ever use. Both of these issues were mitigated in other Zelda games with Bottles, hell they probably could have included more bottles in BotW than in any other Zelda due to the fact that this game has no recovery hearts and how dangerous the enemies and environments are this time around.

Unrelated but, I can't believe they included both hearty foods and fauna in the same game because the former completely cancels out the latter. At the start of the game I thought, "okay, meat is harder to get, but heals more hearts, creating a risk vs reward dynamic, neato" but then you find all these hearty turnips, hearty truffles, and hearty durians which all always give a full heal and then some. As soon as you find these food items hunting animals becomes completely pointless. How did this get through testing?
>>
>>389125437
>besides everything in it the world is empty
Huh really activates my almonds
>>
>>389125660
Other zeldas never had meaningful quest rewards though, besides MM
>>
>>389125660
>thoughtlessly threw out all the old Zelda conventions
It's pretty much Zelda 1. Except that instead of empty dark rooms rooms with heart containers you find shrines with spirit orbs.
>>
>complete annoying quest
>50 rupees
well I guess I will take this chump change...
>>
If you like the more narrative driven Zeldas you might be disappointed, not only does the game not give you much in the way of story; when "questlines" conclude there isn't really any meaningful impact on the world and that can feel a little bit lame.
>>
>>389126000
Who the fuck plays Zelda for the narrative anyway? That's like the worst part of any Zelda game
>>
I feel like breath of the wild would have been so much better if it wasn't a zelda game and just called that, it is a nice standalone name and the devs wouldn't feel like they have to stick to some formula and maybe could borrow some ideas from actually good open world games to create something x10 better than what we have
but that will never happen, will it
>>
>>389123278
heart? yes.
soul? no.
>>
>>389123546
it would've been so much better if they actually switched up the theme/music of the shrines to reflect their surrounding area. why they chose 120 same-y ones like this is baffling.
>>
>>389125660
It's not as if a piece of heart was really a compelling reward in the first place. More clothing and accessories earned through quests and shrines would have been welcome though.

It was underwhelming to get 50 rupees for completing a quest but I'm not really sure what other kind of meaningful loot they could offer.
>>
>>389126039
Some people need adequate framing for their actions and videogames otherwise they can't feel totally immersed. Those people will not like BOTW because after you beat the piss easy divine beasts which are the only significant major story thread; everyone is already urging you to go fight gannon even though you still have a ton of content to play through.
>>
File: 1496438292594.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496438292594.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>>389125676
If you understood how far apart those things are, you would see why that's a problem.
>>389125619
I'd like it more if it played more than 20 seconds every hour or so.
>>389125660
That's a legitimate point.
What I don't understand is why they decided to lock some of the climbing gear behind shrines that are in the middle of fucking nowhere.
That shit is practically essential for getting anywhere, and it's really, really fucking easy to miss.
>>
>>389126320
Everyone is urging you to do so but you don't need to do so. If you're desperate you can frame it as "I want to prepare more before taking Ganon on"
>>
>>389126163
how about nothing. how about your reward is the experience.
>>
>>389126408
>how far apart
Not at all, unless you walk everywhere. World is infact too small if you paraglide, and perfect if you use a horse.
>>
>>389126320
I wouldn't call them piss easy. Went and did the Thunder Ganon one almost immediately on 4 hearts and without the upgraded Stasis rune. Was actually pretty challenging considering all I could do was face him fair and square with piss poor weapons.
>>
>>389126408
>man they should give more rewards for exploration
>what do you mean the rewards are found through exploration?
>>
>>389125660
>get through testing

it's not really a flaw though. not like most of the mechanics even matter, they're just fun little asides you do once or twice. most people playing don't care. botw is like a lite version of a proper immersive rpg.
>>
>>389126430
That's flimsy as fuck though and triggers my autism hard. I'm just fucking around running from shrine to shrine while Zeldas fighting off Gannon by herself. There needed to be more long quest lines like the Tarrey Town to give more of a sense of it being a persistent world and get players more invested.
>>
File: Link migrane.gif (1MB, 391x334px) Image search: [Google]
Link migrane.gif
1MB, 391x334px
>>389125824
Stop this meme. The game plays nothing like Zelda I
Zelda I plays more like OoT than it does to BotW

Zelda I has key items used for exploration found in dungeons, like OoT, missing in BotW
Zelda I had a dungeon order that you could deviate from for a certain extent, in BotW you can do anything in any order, it's a total free for all
Zelda I has several dungeons filled with the toughest enemies in the game, like OoT, while the dungeons in BotW contain almost no enemies, and the ones that are there can be killed easily with the weakest weapons
Zelda I and OoT dungeons are all several rooms that require a map and compass to fully explore and find all the secrets, BotW dungeons are all only a couple rooms where everything is visible in plain sight
Zelda I and OoT both have a variety of unique dungeon bosses that all looked and behaved very differently, BotW four main dungeon bosses are all variations of the phantom ganon concept from earlier zelda games
Zelda I would sometimes have more than one boss encounter in a single dungeon, every dungeon in OoT had two bosses in it, the main boss and a mini boss, BotW only has one boss for each of its dungeons
Zelda I and OoT both only had three sword in the entire game, BotW gives you a million trash swords that break after two enemy encounters
Zelda I and OoT had different enemies for each biome, BotW has you fight Moblins, Bokoblins and Lizalfos everywhere all the time with only a Yiga assassin to break up the monotony.
>>
>>389126697
But you are making yourself stronger, aren't you? The whole game is about preparing to fight ganon, the shrines are just part of it.
>>
>>389126453
That would be fine if the experiences were a little more interesting
>>
Wait until you can pirate shit, then buy one. Zelda isn't really worth it.

And the ending fucking sucks, even with memories it's just Zelda saying "Lets make Hyrule great again" and some bullshit camera work
>>
>>389124502
>It's Skyrim with a Zelda skin

It's so easy to spot idiots who haven't played either game when they spout stupid shit like this.
>>
>>389126757
not that guy but you can beat ganon as soon as you leave the plateau
>>
It is as good or as shitty as any other Zelda game imo. If you don't like the others, you won't like this one. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
>>
>Dank banana man gets crushed by a spikey ball never to be seen again

I was super fucking pissed at how short that section was. I was really enjoying the stealth and there is literally like one room in the Yiga clan hideout.
>>
>>389126697
most of the shrines I did, I went out of my way t do them because I wanted enough heart containers to be able to pull out the master sword. that's plenty justifiable.
>>
File: 1494605074528.png (248KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
1494605074528.png
248KB, 500x419px
>>389126532
>rewards
Oh man, more weapons to throw away. Maybe I'll collect some more cooking ingredients I'll never fucking use on top of another 20 Korok seeds.
The rewards and unique weapons are way too far in between, and most of the time they are fucking useless.
It's Skyrim all over again.
>>
>>389126910
>not using cooking ingredients
but selling your gourmet food for rupees is the best way to raise money for clothing prior to finding the places where you can farm shitloads of luminous stones
>>
>>389126910
>hur dur Skyrim
Can you fags think about anything else? Skyrim isn't the only open world game that exists

Also you not liking the rewards=/= no rewards. If you collected more seeds you don't have to throw the weapons anyway
>>
>>389126847
But it fucking is, man.

>You got through another shrine, here, have some useless shit
>Writing? Cohesive story? What's that?
>Hope you like seeing the same enemies Over and OVER and fucking OVER again
>There's only a handful of unique events that happen in the overworld
>Taking the time to activate the towers is more than enough to realize how empty the overworld is

The region variety is great, there's a bunch of little neat things here and there, but every time I loaded it up I couldn't help but feel like I was playing Skyrim or Dragon's Dogma but with worse combat mixed with the parachute from Just Cause 3.
>>
>>389126845
What's wrong with it, even what you said sounds okay
>>
>>389123278
Nah, not really. It's a great game and fun to play but I woulsn't say it has heart or soul. Hyrule is much much bigger but feels more empty and much less memorable than other games. Save for a few choice moments, every character is also completely forgettable.
>>
>>389127110
>but it fucking is
>lists a bunch of things not like Skyrim at all, or not exclusive to skyrim
>spirit orbs are useless
Are you retarded?
>>
It's fun until you beat the first boss and then realize you've basically seen 90% of what the game has to offer. The trials are kind of fun though if you just want combat and no snorefest climbing simulation. If you have a good PC I highly recommend you emulate it.
>>
File: 1503113633950.jpg (11KB, 211x290px) Image search: [Google]
1503113633950.jpg
11KB, 211x290px
>>389127081
Well shit, Anon.
If the developers themselves didn't say that they FUCKING TOOK INSPIRATION FROM SKYRIM, then I guess you would have a valid point.
Also your second point doesn't add up. I'm not the only one saying the rewards aren't worth the effort to obtain.
Some of it really is worth it, but that happens so rarely that it's disappointing.
Kind of like SKYRIM
>>
File: 1504167458419.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504167458419.png
1MB, 1280x720px
EDGE Magazine just rated as the Greates Game Of All Time. And there will be tons more awards heading it's way in the next few months. Just imagine all the salty Nintendohaters foaming at the mouth. It's glorious.
>>
>>389127110
>overworld is empty
Can this meme die already? I keep stumbling into shit every few steps. You can't go more than 3 minutes in one direction without finding a shrine or something
>>
>>389127110
The combat was seriously lacking. They put in that fucking dumb weapon durability system and then barely any of the weapons are actually unique besides attack power.

Most fun I had was fighting Lionels
>>
>>389126986
The problems is that all the effort to make varied and lively fauna could have gone into beefing up the enemy roster. So the fact that the fauna don't serve a gameplay purpose after the plateau is concerning.
>>
>>389127263
>being retarded
>everything originated from Skyrim
If only you had more arguments. Why not the Witcher 3 then? Rewards there are even more shit than Skyrim. Also, Spirit orbs are infinitely useful and you come across them often. The developers said they were inspired by Skyrim along with many other open world games, with Skyrim being only an example, so your point doesn't add up either
Maybe when you don't have brain damage you can type up a coherent reply
>>
File: 1496271802822.jpg (240KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496271802822.jpg
240KB, 800x600px
>>389127217
I must be for buying this game.
I can't find myself to enjoy it after playing darksiders 1&2 and Dragon's Dogma, which managed to do what BoTW tried to do but better.

It's kind of a fucking shame. How did BoTW get 10/10 reviews when there's so many problems with it?
Don't even get me started about how fucked the climbing mechanics are.
>>
>>389127302
>Lionels
Oh you're that dumb fag that appears in every thread and spells Lynels wrong every time
>>
>>389126910
you need to explore to get most of the armors in the game
>>
>>389127368
Literally not an argument, your shit taste does not make a game bad

Anyway nice blog faggot
>>
>>389123278
It's my new favorite Zelda game. It's (nearly) everything I wanted. It actually feels good to just wander around and explore. Took me 130 hours to even go fight the final boss.

There's a really solid groundwork there for future Zelda games. If they added more enemy variety, more things to discover, and more dungeons, it'd be GOAT
>>
>>389125860
sidequests are a fucking joke if you want rupees when you can just abuse the shit out of the bowling mini-game and make a fuckload of money in just a few minutes. seriously there are so many ways to abuse the game and just make it into cakewalk. I'm namely talking about how ridiculously broken cooking is, and ESPECIALLY when you get the fish slut miracle on top of that (which I imagine most people get first).
>>
>>389127368
>Don't even get me started about how fucked the climbing mechanics are.
Please. Go on.
>>
>>389123278
just play it on pc, i though all nintedo fags have a pc
>>
>>389127368
How do you miss what BotW tried to do so hard you picked linear as fuck games to make a point? Darksiders? Really? Sounds like you thought BotW wanted to be lite devil may cry.

Dragons dogma is even more confusing. BotW didn't want to be a combat focused game at all
>>
How is the DLC?
>>
I got it with my switch because i wanted mohun and i wanted to kill a week.

It became my favourite Zelda, it does new things, it innovates Zelda and there's so much put into the game.

Honestly, i hope more future Zelda games are like this, sadly i think most will be just more of the same of this, which is okay i guess. But I haven't really enjoyed Zelda since OoT/MM
>>
>>389127547
Sword trials are good. Master mode is mediocre to shit depending on how you play
>>
File: 1497250096260.jpg (110KB, 814x802px) Image search: [Google]
1497250096260.jpg
110KB, 814x802px
>>389127270
>every few steps
Are we playing the same game?
Care to explain why Towers and Shrines are MILES away from each other?
>>389127351
I'm not the one going full damage control over a mediocre game. Look, when nintendo hyped up this game for years, they made so many promises and they didn't deliver on half of them.
If that doesn't affect your opinion, I don't know what to tell you
>>
>>389127547
Not worth it yet. Trials are easy until the absolute final level which is just straight up bullshit if you don't know exactly what to do.
>>
>>389127620
>they made so many promises and they didn't deliver on half of them.
Speaking of. Are we ever going to discuss the fact that Aonuma said that some of the shrines were bigger and had a boss at the end? Remind me, how many shrines exactly were bigger and had a boss at the end?
>>
>>389127620
>miles away
Are WE playing the same game? You can easily see a shirne from a shrine you are at, and going there is so quick especially with a paraglider

Also not an argument, damage control means nothing, and hype is all in your head. That doesn't undermine the game in any way
>>
>>389127740
I think for the boss he meant the guardian scouts
And wasn't there the Hinox one?
>>
>>389125165
>link is boring and shows no personality
Are you fucking serious? Have you ever played a previous game in the series? Ignoring everything else you posted. you consider THAT a valid complaint?

Wind Waker is literally the only time he's ever had a modicum of personality.
>>
File: 1499644832586.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1499644832586.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>389127461
What is it with BoTW fans and them being unable to handle criticism?
What's with the damage control?
It's just opinions.
If you don't like it, go back to >>>/r/eddit
>>389127541
No, Anon. You don't get it.
I picked games that aren't walking simulators.
>>389127528
A lot of areas, the jungle, the area surrounding death mountain, that south western snowy mountain especially have a lot of issues with terrain that doesn't behave like the rest of it. Causes a lot of problems trying to get anywhere.
>>
File: image.jpg (4KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
4KB, 184x184px
>>389127965
>unable to handle critism
More like you are unable to handle rebuttals to your shit opinions given that nothing you posted is an argument, and then spouting buzzwords like walking simulator which dragons dogma totally isn't
>>
File: you tried.png (80KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
you tried.png
80KB, 500x475px
>>389127263
http://www.zeldainformer.com/aonuma-there-was-no-inspiration-taken-from-skyrim-for-zelda-u/
>I just wanted to say, I’ve been a bit surprised by the focus on my comments about Skyrim. I started playing Skyrim because the name was so close to “Skyward Sword” and I wanted to see what that was about. [laughs] I didn’t pick it up because it was popular or because it was getting good reviews or anything like that. I just wanted to take a look at it. “Oh, okay, this is what this game’s about. There are some things in here that are sort of Zelda-esque and maybe some things that aren’t.”

>But there was no inspiration taken from Skyrim. It didn’t impact what I was thinking about for future Zelda titles. I’m always thinking about, “Okay, next time, what are we going to do with the next one?” As a producer, whenever I can find more time to play games, I’m taking that free time to go out and play other games just to play them and see what’s out there.

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/06/26/aonuma-says-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-wasnt-inspired-by-skyrim-or-the-witcher/
>Aonuma: First of all I think that many of the staff members do play many different kinds of games, open-world games like you mentioned, but I don’t think there was one game that we really looked at and said we want to make a game like this. Instead like I mentioned earlier we wanted to really expand on the world of Skyward Sword and we kind of tried to think about what kind of cycle can we create in the game that really encourages continuous exploration so that what came up was things like needing to cook and gather ingredients to eat, needing to procure weapons from enemies because they break, things that like there’s a cycle of expending something and then procuring something, that’s like a main important part of this game and it was kind of drawn more from that than any singular inspiration.
>>
>>389127965
>damage control
Literally not an argument.
What's with popular games having the most autistic haters anyway. Obnoxious as fuck
>>
File: 1503540349461.jpg (155KB, 569x533px) Image search: [Google]
1503540349461.jpg
155KB, 569x533px
>>389127845
It's kind of a problem when you figure out that you've been in a coma for a century. You'd think he'd show a little more interest in finding that out, or living up to his name but no.
You get "Silent but brooding" or "Stupid and Loyal"
>>
>>389128138
sounds like hes just damage controlling t b h

>we wanted to really expand on the world of Skyward Sword

really? BotW is nothing like skyward sword
>>
>>389128259
>well he's the one damage controlling
>no wait it doesn't count
Damage controlling from what? Skyrim is an extremely popular game that maybe people think is fantastic. You sound like the one damage controlling here anon
>>
>>389128242
I think you're expecting too much from a character that has rarely, if ever, shown personality and only serves as an avatar for the player.

At least they made the first attempt ever to explain why he's silent all the time in Zelda's diary. That's something.
>>
>>389128259
Skyward sword introduced the stamina meter, which BotW uses. I guess the world means the open air space skyward sword tried to do and failed
>>
>>389128259
>really? BotW is nothing like skyward sword
He said "world of" not "gameplay of."
BotW absolutely takes place in the same world as Skyward Sword
>>
>>389128259

Someone is damage controlling here and it isn't Aonuma
>>
>>389128075
>image.jpg
I'll keep this short since you're phone posting
Stop getting mad over opinions.
>>389128138
Weird.

https://www.gamnesia.com/news/skyrim-directly-inspired-one-of-the-biggest-new-features-in-zelda-breath-of

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/news/how-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-was-influenced-by-skyrim-witcher-3-and-far-cry-1657743
>>
File: yare yare its lit.png (192KB, 223x315px) Image search: [Google]
yare yare its lit.png
192KB, 223x315px
>>389126731
underrated post
>>
>>389126731
>Zelda I plays more like OoT than it does to BotW
It really doesn't.

>Zelda I has key items used for exploration found in dungeons, like OoT
Only a couple of items are actually necessary in order to access the rest of the dungeons and otherwise you can access the dungeons in any order you wish. Whereas Ocarina of Time basically just gives you the choice between the Forest Temple or the Fire Temple, or a choice between the Spirit Temple or Shadow Temple. And that's pretty much it. Aside from those choices you have to go through all the dungeons in order.

>Zelda I had a dungeon order that you could deviate from for a certain extent
You could deviate from it a lot. But yes, exactly. Which is similar to BotW.

>Zelda I has several dungeons filled with the toughest enemies in the game, like OoT
No, not like OoT. OoT are all about simple puzzles and navigation with the occasional room locked off by enemies. The original Zelda's dungeons practically didn't have puzzles at all and were brawling action dungeons. Which I personally love by the way but that's aside the point.
I'll admit that the lack of enemies in BotW's divine beasts are by far their biggest flaw. I really don't understand why they decided to make them like that. But at the very least the puzzles are good unlike the slow and tedious crap that OoT had for puzzles though I digress. Hyrule Castle of BotW however does have enemies and is pretty much a Zelda 1 dungeon to a T. And it's amazing. OoT doesn't have anything like that anywhere. MM or the other games didn't either.
>>
>>389128610
>Aonuma really liked how it felt to enter a new city in Skyrim
>this means BotW is a Skyrim clone!!!
That's one hell of a leap of logic there.

Also your second link literally has him saying he didn't just take ideas and put them in Zelda.
>>
>>389128259
Yeah, you're right, it's more like Skyrim >>389128610
>>
>>389128767
>>389126731
>Zelda I and OoT dungeons are all several rooms that require a map and compass to fully explore and find all the secrets, BotW dungeons are all only a couple rooms where everything is visible in plain sight
The Divine Beasts are pretty small. That is indeed true. But I'd still very much like to disagree. They've got rooms and intricate corners and crap in the middle. Finding all the rooms and thus finding all the treasure chests requires quite a lot of navigation and exploration. They're certainly not simply visible in plain sight. For as short as they are they actually do the job of exploration and navigation a lot better than a lot of OoT's dungeons even if they fall very short in comparison in other areas.
Once again though Hyrule Castle beats them all. That place is gigantic and a real maze to explore.

>Zelda I and OoT both have a variety of unique dungeon bosses that all looked and behaved very differently, BotW four main dungeon bosses are all variations of the phantom ganon concept from earlier zelda games
I'd actually argue that the bosses of BotW are far more similar to Zelda 1 than OoT's bosses. Sure the blights are kind of disappointingly similar to each other visually, but they still behave differently from each other and are quite different (though they're too easy. Only Thunderblight was really great).
Zelda 1's bosses however, with just one exception, don't require special items to fight them. It's the same with BotW which was really refreshing and I actually prefer it a lot.
With OoT however every damn boss is like a fucking puzzle where you use the dungeon item to strike their weakness. It's not like Zelda 1 at all.
>>
>>389128610
If you actually read those links the first says the thing he aped was the lack of a loading screen, and the second one isn't clear that Skyrim was the one game that influenced him beyond the lack of a loading screen
>>
>>389124525
>t. didnt play the game
>>
>>389128827
>>389126731
>Zelda I would sometimes have more than one boss encounter in a single dungeon, every dungeon in OoT had two bosses in it, the main boss and a mini boss, BotW only has one boss for each of its dungeons
It had extra boss encounters in a few of the dungeons. Yes. Which is great by the way, but the dungeons certainly didn't always have them. By far most of them didn't. Once again however, Hyrule Castle is full of minibosses. And while I'd argue that the Divine Beasts being full of enemies would make them considerably better, the fact that they don't have minibosses while Hyrule Castle does. Actually makes it even more similar to Zelda 1 than OoT that made a staple of minibosses throughout.

>Zelda I and OoT both only had three sword in the entire game, BotW gives you a million trash swords that break after two enemy encounters
Zelda 1 also allows for you to find the swords from the get go, the dungeons disregarded. Unlike OoT that forces you to progress through the game through their intended story path before you can acquire the swords. And to get the better sword in Zelda 1 you also need to have improved your number of hearts first. BotW pretty much copies this wholesale creating yet another similarity with Zelda 1, as shamelessly as it may or may not be.

>Zelda I and OoT had different enemies for each biome, BotW has you fight Moblins, Bokoblins and Lizalfos everywhere all the time with only a Yiga assassin to break up the monotony.
But BotW has different enemies for each biome too. Even if you had Bokoblins everywhere.

BotW really is far, far more similar to Zelda 1 than OoT is. And I'd really would argue that BotW is the Zelda game the most similar to Zelda 1 after Zelda 1. And even if not it certainly has got enough similarities for similarities to be drawn to not be far-fetched. Why you'd argue that OoT is similar to Zelda 1, let alone more similar to OoT than BotW though is beyond me.
>>
>>389123278

yep
>>
>>389123278
>shit dungeons
>shit soundtrack
>shit combat
>shit enemy variety
>no diving (huh)
>shit healing/stamina refilling and armor/weapon changing from the inventory screen
>shit exploration, respawning rare weapons are the highlight
>being able to go everywhere and having all tools from the start eliminates nearly any kind of progress
>Great Plateau is good, but what you do almost never changes after that
>virtually zero replay value

No thanks, you can have your open-world game with wacky physics. But I really want Zelda back now.
>>
>>389128813
Except the links (You) posted proves otherwise. The only thing he copied was a seamless world (lack of obvious loading screens)
>>
>>389128941
What you said literally applies to every single Zelda game, besides the tools part. Even that is questionable as precious zeldas hardly ever utilized tools outside dungeons so the progress from them is minimal
>>
>>389123278
What do you mean by heart and soul exactly? If you mean compared to other Zeldas, I'd say it's on the weaker side.

>all the races are from previous Zeldas
>some good NPCs but mostly forgettable
>weaker OST (yes there are some good tracks here and there but 90% of the time you're listening to the same piano ditties)
>really bad UI
>shrines all have the same aesthetics and music
>divine beasts all have the same aesthetics
>all the divine beast bosses are variations of Ganon
>interesting story premise that never actually goes anywhere
>the guardian characters are boring generic tropes that only get "developed" through optional flashbacks, same with Zelda herself
>lots of time spent staring at the same rock textures as you're climbing
>annoying rain mechanic that you never really find a real "solution" for, only workarounds
>weak enemy variety
>all the areas/biomes are rather generic and have been done in Zelda before, there's no memorable stand-out locale
>general focus on quantity over quality
>>
>>389126731
>Zelda I has key items used for exploration found in dungeons, like OoT, missing in BotW
After A Link Between Worlds the original Zelda remains the most open ended Zelda game in what order you approach the dungeons. Disregarding Breath of the Wild that is.
Ocarina of Time was at the time the most restricted Zelda game in terms of what orderyou approached the dungeons.

Like what the fuck anon. What are you even trying to accomplish here?
>>
>>389128783
Different Anon
It's not hard to see why skyrim and BoTW are so similar

>Generic you are the chosen one story
>Weapon variety is shallow
>NPC's that seem important but don't really do anything
>Shooting arrows from a distance for crits is the fastest way to deal with combat
>Magic is either useless or broken
>You can fast travel right from the start of the game
>Shrines are extremely simple with occasional interesting concepts, exactly like skyrim's dungeons

Anyone that's played Skyrim will notice those comparisons
>>
>>389129040
Funny thing is most of what you said, besides OST and aesthetics, apply to every Zelda game
>>
>>389128941
there's juts no pleasing you.
>>
File: 1492349095594.jpg (111KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
1492349095594.jpg
111KB, 700x913px
>6 months later
>/v/ is still assblasted
This is getting pathetic at this point desu.
>>
File: just do it.jpg (57KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
just do it.jpg
57KB, 625x415px
the amount of replies in this thread should tell you what you need to know. just buy it, its great. stop reading spoilers and play the fucking game
>>
>>389129115
Sounds like OOT, WW, TP and SS, besides the fast travel and magic part. Guess all zeldas are Skyrim clones then.
>>
File: sick riffs.gif (409KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
sick riffs.gif
409KB, 250x188px
>>389128941
https://mynintendonews.com/2017/04/04/aonuma-suggests-that-future-zelda-games-will-be-like-breath-of-the-wild/
>mfw this is the future of zelda games and there's nothing you "muh formula" shitters can do about it
>>
>>389129115

Holy fuck I suddenly realized that LttP is a Skyrim clone
>>
>>389129115
>Generic you are the chosen one story
>Weapon variety is shallow
>NPC's that seem important but don't really do anything
>Shooting arrows from a distance for crits is the fastest way to deal with combat
>Magic is either useless or broken
These are complaints that are valid for almost every Zelda game.
>You can fast travel right from the start of the game
This isn't really a problem nor something specific to Skyrim
>Shrines are extremely simple with occasional interesting concepts, exactly like skyrim's dungeons
Skyrim didn't invent simple dungeons, either. In fact older Zelda games had very simple dungeons.
>>
>>389128941
Gonna agree on the zero replay value
Just imagining having to re-activate all the towers and shrines makes me want to vomit.

The enemies don't really do anything for the game, inventory management is a bigger problem than spamming health items, and the exploration is shit solely because of how far away everything is.

You have items or shrines on the map that are fucking 20-40 minutes of paraglding/swimming, running, etc, away from each other.
It feels more like a chore than anything after a while, and the best way to describe it at times is that it feels like a walking simulator.

I understand why people like it, but there are so many reasons why nintendo should not have made BoTW open world.
>>
It's good but not worth buying a console for, especially since you can emulate it almost flawlessly

I considered buying a switch when it first came out due to the amazing reviews, but ended up skipping out on it. a few months later I played it on PC and I'm so glad I made that decision, it's an OK game but insanely overrated
>>
>>389129465
>20-40mins
What the fuck are you running in circles? It's 5 mins max
>>
File: 1495869050457.jpg (46KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
1495869050457.jpg
46KB, 340x565px
>>389129146
The game got delayed for years and everyone is acting like it's the greatest thing ever when it has some pretty obvious flaws.
Seeing all these drones blindly defend it without giving it a moment of though is pitiful.
>>
>>389129465

>exploration is shit solely because of how far everything is
>20-40mins
>walking simulator

Are these the most incorrect "critisms" ever?
>>
>>389128259
>BotW is nothing like skyward sword
It's actually surprisingly similar to Skyward Sword in a lot of ways. And I say that as someone who replayed Skyward Sword just prior to BotW's release.
Firstly. Skyward Sword was the first 3D Zelda game where Link moved like you wanted and wasn't needlessly restricted after what the game did or did not allow for Link to do. Like if you wanted to attempt climbing up a ledge, then the game would allow you to attempt to do so, and if Link could realistically get up said ledge then Link could indeed actually get up on said ledge. And not like Twilight Princess and all the other 3D Zelda games where you run across fences or stones or whatever that barely go up to Link's hips and still not be able to jump over or climb past them because the game simply never intended for you to do so.
And then there is the stamina thing. Increasing your level of movement while acting as a resource in combat.
It also started the whole crafting thing that BotW continued with.

I don't really remember all the things but having played the games back to back I recall that there were quite a few things that were surprisingly similar to each other. So all while the games all things considered plays very differently from each other, there are still tons of similarities that came directly from Skyward Sword. It's pretty easy to see how BotW was born directly from Skyward Sword.
In many ways BotW is pretty much Skyward Sword where they actually addressed the many complaints Skyward Sword got and then built on from that.
>>
>>389129590

Who is blindly defending it here?
>>
File: 1503205986387.png (24KB, 478x518px) Image search: [Google]
1503205986387.png
24KB, 478x518px
So I've played it for about 30 hours now and I've only heard 5 different songs. You could get away with that in 2005, but come the fuck on.
>>
>>389123278
Best game of all time
>>
>>389123854
I enjoyed the game overall, but I do agree with this, every time I find an area that's interesting all it comes down to is a shrine or korok, you eventually get sick of it. I definitely prefer the older Zelda formula, but this was much better than any other "open world" game released recently
>>
>>389129767
Where have you been. Villages, beasts, main characters, and the divine beast sequences all have unique music
>>
File: SMUG NEP.png (350KB, 614x491px) Image search: [Google]
SMUG NEP.png
350KB, 614x491px
>>389129691
Just read the thread.
>>
>>389129882

I don't see anyone blindly defending the game, only people spouting damage control at rebuttals like it means something
>>
>>389123278
no, but it's got guts and spirit
>>
>>389129848
The village songs are all the same, I've been through 6 different regions, found a bunch of towers, some shrines and a great fairy or two
>>
>>389123832
Yeah I made the mistake of not exploring enough on the first playthrough then getting extremely bored on the second playthrough when I did try to explore
>>
>>389129918
Every time someone brought up a legitimate complaint, it would get deflected, or compared to something 20 years ago.
The shitposting and bait was obvious, but even then, it's right in the thread.
>>
>>389129995
>village songs are all the same
You know the truth is one YouTube search away
>>
>>389130108
>deflected
Uh that's how arguments work? You can't list a bunch of flaws present in previous zeldas and claim the previous zeldas were so much better than BotW
>>
>>389123278
As long as you detach yourself from every zelda you've ever played and don't expect it to be similar in any way to any of them, you'll be fine.
>>
>>389126731
>>389126731
>>389126731
This, a thousand times.

>>389128767
>>389128827
>>389128884
You are REALLY praying on the fact that most people ITT haven't actually played LoZ and will just take your word for it.

>Only a couple of items are actually necessary in order to access the rest of the dungeons
The raft, the ladder, and the recorder. 3/9 is far from insignificant.

>You could deviate from it a lot. But yes, exactly. Which is similar to BotW.

No it's not. Some restrictions is not similar to absolutely zero restrictions. Structured freedom != absolute freedom

>The original Zelda's dungeons practically didn't have puzzles at all
I like how you use the word "practically" to excuse all the times there actually ARE puzzles. Because they exist, in a significant fashion.

>Zelda 1's bosses however, with just one exception, don't require special items to fight them
Dead wrong. Dodongo, Digdogger, Gohma, and Ganon all require items to defeat.

>Zelda 1 also allows for you to find the swords from the get go, the dungeons disregarded
Again, wrong. You can technically get the White Sword purely through optional hearts without going to dungeons at all (very unlikely for a new player), but the Magical Sword requires you complete at least some dungeons. They can't be "disregarded".

TL;DR there is a clear difference between the STRUCTURED freedom of the original Legend of Zelda and the total freedom you get in Breath of the Wild. And total freedom is in my opinion not a good thing. Games are about systems, about rules, about objectives. BotW only has one objective that can be completed at any time, kill Ganon, everything else is basically optional. The exact opposite of LoZ where you need to complete the first eight dungeons before you're allowed to do the final ninth dungeon.
>>
File: anouki.png (94KB, 250x344px) Image search: [Google]
anouki.png
94KB, 250x344px
>>389129135
Not really no, almost all the Zeldas introduce new races, have better enemy variety, and have better NPCs. Even Phantom fucking Hourglass had a new race, the Anouki.
>>
>>389126885
Yeah that section was fucking awesome, I loved wearing the sheikah outfit for stealth and shooting the bananas down to evade the Yiga guys
>>
>>389130352
all of the races have better visual design in BotW than in any other zelda though, apart from gorons who just look the same
>>
>>389130352
>almost all zeldas
I suppose so, but does the yiga count?
>better enemy variety
In terms of looks yes. In terms of movesets arguable
>have better NPCs
Also arguable.
>>
>>389130620
Ignoring how wrong this is. Your opinion is subjective and has nothing to back that up
>>
>>389129767
Was the main overworld theme even in the game?
Why did they ditch so much of the old zelda music?
>>
>>389130227
I don't think there's anything wrong with letting players do what they want in whatever order or skip things, it's not like anyone played BotW and chose to just skip one of the Divine Beasts. I actually quite like that if you don't feel like doing a dungeon today, fine, go do something else and return to it tomorow

BotW's issues lie more in the poor handling of its content. If the dungeons were good, the game had had more unique segments like the Yiga Hideout and there was more substantive content rather than 120 shrines, 900 koroks and 95 of 3 minibosses, I think it would've made for a really great gayme
>>
>>389130684
New music director. The old director is now the game director. The new director, much how castlevania had iga and final fantasy has tabata, wants to reinvent what zelda is.
>>
>>389130680
I agree with him
>>
>>389130714
Good for you
>>
>>389123278
>i need to know, does this game have heart and soul

Honestly no. To me it feels like a test environment. The world doesn't have a good sense of history or mystery.
>>
>>389130686
The dungeons are good tho
>>
>>389130767
Why though that makes like no sense. The world feels pretty real, and you can see ruins in the world as well
>>
>>389123278
it has
>>
>>389130352
>>389130650
The NPCs did feel kind of lame in BotW. I don't remember any of the Rito's besides Kass, don't remember any Gorons, only remember the general concept behind the Gerudo women and remember some Zora's because that seems to be the only race that got good writing and plot for some reason

Compare it to Windfall Island where almost everyone is memorable.

The weirdest thing I noticed was that the NPC who challenges you to a run up a hill just seemed straight up unfinished. He has sort of a quirky personality but his model was just a generic man who didn't fit the writing at all, like they just forgot to model the actual character.
>>
>>389123653

I don't understand this meme. Just because other open world games don't have this physics engine, that doesn't mean they don't have satisfying controls.

In red dead redemption, I actually enjoy the simple act of walking/running around. I enjoy riding around on the horse.

In GTA IV/V, I also enjoy simple running around and driving.

Same with Witcher 3...I never fast traveled, always walked to the destinations because there was something innately satisfying about it.

The physics don't have to be super fancy, in order to feel satisfying. Sometimes simple mechanics can be extremely satisfying.
>>
>>389123278
Did Skyrim have one? If you think yes, then sure. Regardless play it when the SWITCH PRO releases in 7-8 months, otherwise you'll be a late adopter with a shitty 1-game console. Remember nintendo must release a "new" console every 13-14 months or its investors riot.
>>
>>389130886
>Witcher 3
I was with you until there. Witcher 3 had horrible horrible movement as roach is buggy has fuck
>>
>>389123546
This pretty much.
It's like Far Cry 4 in almost every way except setting and FC4 is based more on ranged combat.
>shrines are enemy camps
>koroks are random worthless loot boxes
>glider is wing suit
>can put grass on fire
>needlessly large world
>many different creative ways to fight enemies all overshadowed by just shooting/swinging
>mounts are vehicles
>tons of weapons but every weapon in the same group feels the same
>mediocre AI
>game runs out of unique content after about 4 hours, rest is grinding
>>
>>389130712
I was watching this video, and maybe it's just nostalgia, but check it out, at the timestamp the overwold theme is dubbed over and it feels so much better
https://youtu.be/geVgWMtbZNo?t=115
>>
>>389130875
Honestly I can't remember anyone in windfall besides the teacher
>>
File: 1AoNyqZ.gif (910KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1AoNyqZ.gif
910KB, 250x188px
>>389130768
>The dungeons are good tho
>>
>>389130990
>grinding
What? That doesn't exist in BotW at all
>4 hours
Oh, this is bait
>>
>>389131102
>greentext
Not an argument. The beasts were good, but short. The puzzles are much better than previous Zelda puzzles as well imo
>>
>>389131005
sorry, my mistake, that's the Termina overwold theme, but you get what I'm saying, still feels better to me than what it had
>>
>>389131170
>not an argument
Not an argument
>>
>>389130620
I disagree, the non-Goron races are basically just boring pretty plastic humanoids, and the Gorons (as you said) are about the same except there's some brown ones now for some reason. None of them are all that interesting. Felt more like a Zelda "greatest hits" theme park than an actual world.

>>389130650
>does the yiga count?

If you could interact with them beyond combat then they would be, but they're basically just an extra rare enemy type with some quirks. One of the better aspects of the game (which could have been better utilized in my opinion) but I wouldn't consider them their own "race".

>In terms of looks yes. In terms of movesets arguable
The problem with that is that you get familiar with all of their movesets very quickly. After the first dozen hours or so they've lost their novelty. There's no surprises in the late-game. There isn't even really any kind of clever/challenging enemy placement you have to deal with late-game. Action-adventure games need that kind of variety to keep from getting stale. If BotW was only 20 or so hours long it wouldn't be a problem, but it's more like 70-100 hours.

>Also arguable.
I don't want to make a long autistic list of every NPC in the franchise and try to judge their quality. But the only NPCs I really "liked" in BotW were Kass, Kilton, and maybe Sidon. There's a couple others you could maybe throw in that were just okay. In-between them you have dozens or even hundreds of completely generic copypaste NPCs. Most of the shopkeepers, the horse stables, the random idiots running around, the villagers, etc etc. One of the things that defined the 3D Zeldas was how handcrafted the NPCs were. Even literally whos usually had their own unique appearance and personality. BotW rejected that practice because of its quantity over quality approach. They didn't want the world to be absolutely dead so they had to fill it with people, uniqueness be damned.
>>
>>389131391
First for me to argue back I would have to see your argument to why it is bad, especially compared to other zeldas
>>
>>389123278

i dont like how the world practically feels post apocalyptic despite being filled with greenery and such. it's fucking boring. the game feels like one big cocktease
>>
>>389131391
yeah his argument against was in the text after that you fucking mongoloid, do you have fucking tunnel vision or something?
>>
File: 1389925714260.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1389925714260.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>389131597
>his argument was in the text

>>389131170
>he puzzles are much better than previous Zelda puzzles as well imo

i.e; imo they just were better
you mouth breathers are something else
>>
>>389124502
Skyrim actually had some fun side quests tho
>>
>>389131498
>generic copy paste littered around
WHAT THE FUCK
>the entire Gerudo classroom
>the kid whose mom died
>flower girl
>man who divorced his wife cuz of chickens
>snowboard girl
>guardian girl
>Kilton
>shopkeepers (Yes all of them have unique dialogue)
>Beedle
>dude who planted trees
>gamblers in the den
That's off the top of my head. Even the random travellers have their own personality and charm
>>
>>389124664
jesus CHRIST don't listen to /v/ ever
>>
>>389131646
Still not an argument. Tell me how the puzzles are bad
>>
>>389131646
I wasn't arguing against you I was just pointing out that he clearly did have an argument and you for some reason don't have enough brain power to comprehend that
>>
>>389131559
Post apocalyptic should have greenery.
>>
>>389123278

Ive played 230 hours and i still havent honed the skill enoughtocomplete the master mode master sword trials
>>
>>389123278

Its the best game thats come out in the last few years. Justgive ot a burl
>>
>>389131758
>Even the random travellers have their own personality and charm

would've been nice if hyrule field had more than the same 2 NPCs reappearing every time saying identical lines each time though

>>389131498
I agree though the zora ones are actually pretty good and i want to fuck them
>>
>>389130227
>The raft, the ladder, and the recorder. 3/9 is far from insignificant.
I said a couple. 3/9 I believe very much qualifies.
>No it's not. Some restrictions is not similar to absolutely zero restrictions. Structured freedom != absolute freedom
It's like >>389129064 put it. Even if there are some restrictions it's the most open ended game after BotW. Making them similar. Or at the very least closer in this regard than other Zelda games.

>I like how you use the word "practically" to excuse all the times there actually ARE puzzles. Because they exist, in a significant fashion.
Oh come on. Now you're just bullshitting. A block formation in a diamond shape with one block being pushable is not a puzzle. A wall being bombable is not a puzzle. Killing all the enemies for a key is not a puzzle.
Zelda 1 didn't really do puzzles. And I don't blame it for that. It did challenges. It did challenges centred around action. And its dungeons are better than the dungeons of many Zelda games. Zelda could do with more action and less puzzles in general. And that goes for Breath of the Wild too by the way.
That said I'll still repeat the claim that OoT's dungeons are far from Zelda 1's dungeons and that Hyrule Castle of BotW is pretty much exactly a Zelda 1 type dungeon.
>>
>>389132121
>>389130227
>Dead wrong. Dodongo, Digdogger, Gohma, and Ganon all require items to defeat.
Gohma required the arrow in Zelda 1? I guess I forgot that. In my defence however, in the gameboy games the arrows are simply more effective not the lone way of defeating them. You can kill them with swords. But I guess I fucked up. The Digdogger however is a normal fight after you play the flute. Though I suppose that doesn't really matter. And for some reason I didn't even consider Ganon at all since it's the tail end of the game and that was once again my mistake.
So you know what. I'll fully concede my claim of it just being an exception. I will however hold on to the claim that the game has bosses you fight that don't require key items to fight. So they remain similar because the 3D Zelda games kind of gave up on that idea prior to BotW. It was really refreshing to see again.

>Again, wrong. You can technically get the White Sword purely through optional hearts without going to dungeons at all (very unlikely for a new player), but the Magical Sword requires you complete at least some dungeons. They can't be "disregarded".
Now you're bullshitting again. You can reach both the White Sword and the Magical Sword from the very beginning of the game. And for as long as you gather the hearts scattered throughout the world and with items like the candle and whatnot being available outside of dungeons you don't even need to enter them to succeed at the fact. Yes you can get the Magical Sword really early if you acquire the candle early and is aware of where all the secrets are. I used to do it all the time when I played the game way back when.

Trying to push the idea that the game is nothing like Breath of the Wild is silly. And even more so when foolishly arguing that the game is in any way more similar to Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>389132063
Hyrule filed is crawling with guardians so it makes sense little people are there
>>
File: 1501282732732.jpg (8KB, 197x256px) Image search: [Google]
1501282732732.jpg
8KB, 197x256px
>half a year later
>/v/ is still salty

that should really tell you all you need to know
>>
>>389132296
Reposting shit.

People are mad because people like you think the game is above something it's not. I enjoyed the game but you guys just overglorify it. You make it out to be something it's not. The truth is the game DOES get repetitive after a while. You might say no it doesn't or make the excuse that its only after 30+ hours. BOTW has you wandering around aimlessly because you're interested in finding cool shit. Next thing you know you've just spent 6 hours playing and barely did anything significant. This game is ADHD essentially. You mark a spot you want to go to and as you're making your way there, you pass by 10 other areas or shrines that catch your interest. So yea, it's very easy to put in tons of hours into the game. It still doesn't detract from it being repetitive.

I wouldn't buy a switch just to play that shit. I'd either try out cemu or buy some used wii u for under 150. Hack it in 15 minutes and pirate the game along with other games. Just being honest here.
>>
>>389131127
After doing a couple shrines and koroks, the rest feels like a grind for more stamina/bag space, limitations the game didn't need.
That's similar to opening boxes for money to buy guns and hunting animals for skin.
>>
>>389132818
please don't respond to shitposters
>>
>>389131758
Note how you didn't name anyone at all other than beetle and kilton.
Why?
Because the NPCs aren't very unique besides reoccurring ones (shop keepers n shit). You only remember the quests essentially.
>>
File: 1489582968863.jpg (71KB, 575x399px) Image search: [Google]
1489582968863.jpg
71KB, 575x399px
>>389132818
80 hours in and still counting babeee
>>
>>389132978
please don't respond to anyone, sonygro
>>
>>389132978
You're right, I was just butthurt over the people dick riding BOTW and calling it a masterpiece or game of the century.
>>
>>389132818
Well of course you can't play a deep game like Zelda if you have ADHD, anon
>>
>>389133030
I can't remember names well even irl, don't hold that against the game. Very little of the NPCs I listed have quests associated with them, but they do have flavourful dialogue and a personality, along with some unique aspects to them
>>
>>389133105
Wow it's almost like people have different opinions and thresholds, and getting mad at opinions is retarded
>>
>>389133109
If you say so.
>>
>>389133172
I remember back in high school I got lots of shit not remembering names of classmates. Like I know their faces, personality and relation to me, just not the damn name.
>>
>>389123278
I'm gonna go ahead and say fuck yes
>>
>>389133157
There is a such thing as an objective opinion. It should be objective that BOTW had a lot more potential. How can you sit there and honestly think it's a 10/10. I get that gaming over the past 2 years have been shitty and mediocre save for 1-2 gems per year but a fucking 10 though?

>>389133238
Doesn't sound very good. Hope you don't have any family members with dementia or stuff.
Or maybe you just don't care about people?
>>
File: 1362963344802.png (26KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1362963344802.png
26KB, 256x256px
>>389133441
>There is a such thing as an objective opinion.
Is it really possible for someone to have so little self-awareness?

Nigga you just went full /v/
>>
>>389133441
>How can you sit there and honestly think it's a 10/10.
Not that guy. And I haven't been going around arguing that BotW needs a 10 or anything like that.
But the idea that no game that can be improved upon deserves a 10 really rubs me the wrong way. That'd mean 10s are literally impossible and that's stupid.
>>
>>389133441
>objective opinions exist
Arguable. I don't think any game is a 10/10 but opinions by nature is subjective
Also thanks for your concern, but I do care about people. I just can't memorize names. It's a roadblock for me even in shit like history
>>
I played this for about 5 hours, and I'm not sure if I want to continue. It's kinda fun, but it feels a lot like a tech demo in many respects. I think a number of the mechanics will inevitably become pretty tiring or meaningless as you continue to play.
>>
>>389133720
Go straight to the beasts and just stop by any interesting things along the way
>>
Sonybros are still salty about it.
That's enough to tell you how great it is.
>>
>>389133441
>How can you sit there and honestly think it's a 10/10
And change what? It's perfect and the best game of all time. The fact people are so buttblasted about it doesn't change that. Ocarina used to be the best and now it's Breath of the Wild.
>>
File: 1482096288711.gif (2MB, 423x234px) Image search: [Google]
1482096288711.gif
2MB, 423x234px
>>389133525
>the masses don't think it's a 10 but people that browse message boards

>>389133567
The concept of a game receiving a 10 is that it does everything right and goes above for its genre. There is no way that it could've been improved during its time. Foes that sound like BOTW? I know ratings these days don't hold much weight anymore but still. I believe if they make the next Zelda similar to BOTW, they'll change a lot and make it much better. If people think BOTW is a 10 then the next game won't be a 10 for sure. No series has ever had back to back 10s before.
>>389133720
You are very correct. The game feels like an open world collectathon. You're essentially given the idea that you need to get strong enough to kill Ganon. It just gets repetitive after a while, especially when you realize what you're doing over and over. If you feel the sense of boredom sweeping you, just do what the other anon said and go straight to the beasts. Get some shrines or towers along the way too.
>>
>>389134013
>The concept of a game receiving a 10 is that it does everything right and goes above for its genre. There is no way that it could've been improved during its time.
That's never been true. In fact, it's pretty impossible. Outlets give games 10s because the alternative is making a 9 (or 9.9) the highest possible score, which is retarded. A 10 just means they think the game is really good.
>>
>>389134013
I don't think BotW feels like a collecathon unless you play it like one, if you only specifically search for shrines instead of wandering to soak in the world then yes it feels like one. But it never felt like that to me
>>
>>389134013
>The concept of a game receiving a 10 is that it does everything right and goes above for its genre.
No game in existence has ever done "everything right". It'll never happen.
>and goes above for its genre.
Breath of the Wild does this though. Even if there are plenty of things that could have been improved upon.
>>
>>389134013
See I gave him that advice because that's the correct way to play the game to get the most pleasant experience. You don't go around checking shit off a list, you go in one direction and see what you find. That way it doesn't feel anything like a collectathon, and you still clock in a good 40+ hours

You do fags compulsively feel the need to get every shrine or Korok seed or something?
>>
>>389133943
People aren't butt blasted by the game. They're butt blasted by shills that think the game is perfect. Whenever any critique comes up, they decline it and say you're just nitpicking.
I remember the first month of this game being out. If you said anything other than the game is the "best game ever created throughout time", you will be accused of not having played it. They'll ask for your timestamp for proof. If proof is provided, they'll say you played wrong.
I never truly knew the meaning of shill till BOTW was a thing. This shilling was the worst I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>389134013

>The game feels like an open world collectathon.

Really depends on how to approach it
>>
>>389134302
You must have missed all the witcher 3 threads
>>
>>389133105
>calling it a masterpiece or game of the century.
People who call it a masterpiece haven't played many games, and people who call it game of the century are platformlets whose last good game was Super Mario Galax/2.
>>
>>389134276
Most people played the game the same way anon.
After the plateau everyone explored the right side of the map until they reached Impa. Then they went to Purah while also exploring shit or went to get more towers. Most people went for towers to uncover the map and got shrines along the way because they felt completely weak.
>>389134096
10s weren't a common thing. 10 meant masterpiece, it's not a score a game gets unless it's a masterpiece. If a game got a 10 back in the day, it meant exactly what I just described.
>>389134513
This is what I'm starting to think too.

Speaking of Mario galaxy. The first game wasn't a 10 but it was close. Guess what they did? They took everything they did from the first game and just took everything up a notch. That's why galaxy 2 was the 10/10 masterpiece. The same shit is gonna happen for BOTW.
>>
>>389134302
kek
Litetally the entire gaming world has declared BOTW as a masterpiece, but /v/ is shilling.

The truth is that /v/ has been sonygaf 2.0 and the saltiness over BOTW (apparently) won't stop.

Cry all you want. BOTW is a masterpiece.
>>
>>389134674
>10s weren't a common thing. 10 meant masterpiece, it's not a score a game gets unless it's a masterpiece. If a game got a 10 back in the day, it meant exactly what I just described.
No, it didn't. You've got some serious nostalgia goggles on there, buddy.
>>
>>389134680
We'll see at the end of the year once GOTY is announced around the world. I'm betting my money on Mario since Nintendo is claiming it'll be 64/sunshine/galaxy 2 tier.
>>
>>389134674
I doubt most people played that way, but hey maybe I'm wrong. I suspect most people play my way by going to the beasts right after impa
>>
Either way is gonna be BOTW or Odyssey.
sony/v/ can cry all they want. They do that literally 6 month straight.
Funny thing they will do the same thing about Odyssey as well. They'll call it overrated, boring, nintendo-bonus, paid reviews, shilling etc.
Meanwhile the whole world will consider it a masterpiece. It's ridiculous how this place has turned into such shit.
>>
>>389134989
Why do you assume that it's only people with a ps4? Is it because the ps4 is the most sold console this gen?
BOTW is overrated. I doubt this new Mario will be the same. I'm hoping that Mario takes the win for 2017 because you BOTW shills are insane.
>>
>>389135167
>BOTW is overrated

According to who? /v/?
Last time I check everyone and their mothers gave it a 10.
How can I get /v/ seriously when they call overrated a game that has been claimed as a masterpiece by literally everyone?
>>
>>389135275
Literally who? Only those that browse message boards and the reviewers. You go out and ask any random stranger how they would rate the game and 9 times out of 10 it won't be a 10.
>>
>>389134302
>they decline it and say you're just nitpicking
When will you retards realize that people simply don't agree with your nitpicking? What a few hated about the game I thought what made the BotW the greatest game of all time. That's all it is. I've also found the people that hate BotW simply have shit taste and they think shit games like TW3 or Skyrim are superior so why should I care about your nitpicking when you have shit taste? It doesn't make any sense, mate.
>>
>>389135625
You know the rules.
If the normies are commenting on it too, then it's not nitpicking.

You're the type of person who loved the durability system aren't you?
>>
>>389135625
There's also the people that really know nothing about the game and just parrot others' talking points, like that one anon recently that said the weather system os a meme because he can beat the cold by buying the Rito outfit at the start in the plateau
>>
>>389135461
Yeah, just a 9
>>
>>389123643
>by December it will be worth it
If you were being completely honest and true to your heart then you would have said by December next year it will be worth it.
>>
Get the better version on PC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6tI71ogxVE
>>
>>389127368
DarkSiders 2 is dog shit.

DD is a bit like Zelda but it's world is way more generic.
Thread posts: 243
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.