[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like discord for communicating in games or do you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: discord.png (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
discord.png
43KB, 300x300px
Do you like discord for communicating in games or do you prefer TS or Mumble?
>>
>implying I communicate in games
>>
>>389116998
It's free, its easy to set up a jukebox, and it can handle my guild so yeah I like it
>>
I like Discord but it's suffering from some feature bloat.
We will probably move on to some lighter voice program once this becomes too big
>>
It's pretty good. People here shit on it because, since it's easy to use, it's popular on places like Reddit when they can simply not join to those servers.
The memes on the loading screen do suck, though.
>>
File: Capture.png (52KB, 225x648px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
52KB, 225x648px
>join random discord server
>always see shit like pic related
Just use it to talk to your friends
>>
TS/mumble is better simply because they dont take 5 minutes to load up with some reddit tier joke in your face. The only good thing that discord has is the chat for meme images but i know that this also causes issues and id rather do without it.

Also ive never had as many problems with TS that i do with discord, seriously if ts was free without having to do that amazon bs id just use ts.
>>
>>389118130
what's wrong with this
>>
Only use it for politics not gaming, although I do play while listening to reads.
>>
Didn't like it at first but I've come around, it's easy and painless. Not a huge fan of persistent chats in general, the world has enough imageboard-like social interactions, but for a quick setup it does the job.
>>
>>
>>389118427
Why do retards and women put grammatically incorrect periods everywhere to try and make their opinion seem profound?
>>
>>389118427
Not like they deleted my server

I don't see the problem
>>
>>389118598
>don't see the problem in censorship
But you use Discord, so it's not like your standards are exactly high.
>>
Discord is okay but I prefer games with global chats like Path of Exile or MMORPGs so that I can play the game and chat with others as things happen and pretend that I have friends when I don't.
>>
using teamspeak with my mates but we are all old farts.
discord has its advantages but it's crawling with 14-18y olds who are just obnoxious.
>>
It is convenient as fuck. I use it for gaymen and for the CS/IT group from college.
>>
>>389118598
send link
>>
>>389118739
>using a gaming service for ur shit political meme crusade
>"censorship"

hmm
>>
>>389118739
Censorship isn't the issue. The fact that everyone feels the need to fucking brag about banning people for being assholes is.

Imagine if, instead of making these announcements that they hate racists, they were constantly denouncing animal abusers, rapists, or abusive parents. It'd be annoying and unnecessary, right?

This is the same principle.
>>
>>389119018
I don't see how putting a word in quotes makes it any less true, friendo.
>>
Who tf still uses TS or Mumble?
>>
For 24\7 chat with friends - Mumble. Best sound quality, uses my own server.
For Arma - TeamSpeak, because we need ACRE2.
Discord for nothing. Fuck this shit.
>>
>>389116998
>stable
>free
>customizable
>pretty

anyone who doesn't like it is either a contrarian or one of those 'i don't have a mic' types
same with people who complain about cringy servers when they can choose not to join in the first place or leave
>>
>>389118130
are you jealous of them
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.