[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would pic related ever be half-possible in a video game, other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: .jpg (536KB, 1350x2000px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
536KB, 1350x2000px
Would pic related ever be half-possible in a video game, other than something hyper-linear like PaRappa the Rapper? What's the closest vidya has ever gotten?
>>
>>389114760
Bit Trip Runner
>>
Thumper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xseAwMcco4
>>
If this movie had a less shit title it would have done better.
>>
File: 1422480507444.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1422480507444.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
>>389115790

Yeah probably, trying to get my friends to watch it was a pain... "Is it about a baby who drives?"
>>
>>389114760

Driver.
>>
>>389115198
One of the few good VR games
>>
Movie is bad. You might like it if you like Adam Sandler or something similar. Guess cookie clicker would be the closest to it.
>>
>>389114760
trackmania
>>
>>389114760

Audiosurf, you can even use your own music.
>>
The answer is No because the synchronous action in Baby Driver is incidental. The characters just sort of happen to do things in step with music. So the closest you could get from vidya, from a game that isn't hyper-linear (>>389114843 >>389115198
>>389116096) is something that has really advanced AI adapt the sound track to your actions. The first example I can think of is Wind Waker, which would bind beats of an instrument to the players' melee attacks or something like that.

>>389115790
You should write for IGN.

>>389115932
m8...
>>
>>389115871
It's either a out a baby that drives, a man who drives a baby, or a man "driving" his dick into a baby. All 3 of which sound like a pretty shitty time.
>>
>>389116268
I could compare the newer Platinum games like MGRising, Bayoneta and W101 since they do change the music during boss fights to keep it synced during certain segments.
>>
I thought this movie was very close to my experience, with my own music, in GTAV. I don't like that game very much, but it's driving and environment and FLASH were top-knotch. Baby is even like a GTA protagonist... this is pretty much as close as a GTA movie can get without copying it.
>>
>>389114760
Rez
>>
>>389114760
Crypt of the Necrodancer
>>
Remember Me combat involved this rather novel dynamic music system that would try to keep sync with your performance and actions as well as indicate combo timing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL5-zQKUz0c
>>
>>389114760
I entirely thought Payday 2 should've had a Baby Driver DLC.
>>
>>389114760
Ar Tonelico 3 has this thing that if you hit your combos in time with the music, you did more damage.
But that game sucked balls.
So Crypt of the Necrodancer I guess
>>
>>389117239
If only the police AI was good at chasing. I love trying to get into chases in GTAV and Just Cause 2 but it's so damn easy to escape. Are there any open world games with good feeling driving with AI that will actually be hot on your tail? So many games inch toward good chases but then ruin it by having enemies be extremely bullet happy, shooting up your car just to destroy you instead of focusing on driving.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.