[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that some of the dust has settled from the barrage of countless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Now that some of the dust has settled from the barrage of countless Terraria clones, which of these types of games are the best? (No dorfposting allowed.)
>>
>Starbound is getting another update
>It's a bounty system that looks like complete horseshit
Terraria is still the best Terraria.
>>
>>389104632
Terraria with mods >>>> terraria >>>>>>>>>>> starbound
>>
Terraria has a great sense of progression
Starbound does not
>>
>>389105063
Have you played it since release?
>>
>>389105063
>Early beta Starbound Progression: Keep finding new weapons that dwarf your previous ones, consistently getting better and better
>Now Starbound; Keep your sword from the beginning, get the second strongest sword after a few hours of boring exploration

Everything was right with early Starbound. It had that silliness that they promised, and it was nice. Now we get an abundance of lolsorandum penguins, static weapons that clearly dominate shitty random weapons, and more shitty new mechanics without fixing the busted and poorly designed older mechanics. Starbound is a lot like that one Spongebob episode where Spongebob is good at art; he draws a really nice thing (Starbound's promises), erases a bit of it (Early beta up until LONDON), then drops down to a basic circle (current Starbound).
>>
I wish they'd finish starbound, It has some decent ideas. Too bad it was abandoned/a scam. Glad i didn't back it.
>>
File: Terraria 2 footage.jpg (638KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Terraria 2 footage.jpg
638KB, 1024x680px
Starbound is only good if you never played Terraria. If you've played Terraria you'll know how shitty the weapons and bosses are in Starbound. The plot is mediocre at best, and nothing we haven't seen a million times before, and for all the focus on space exploration they wanted to focus on, they really didn't do much to keep each individual planet unique.
>>
Terraria, what the fuck? Like this isn't even a competition.
>>
>>389105567
>Everything was right with early Starbound.
Yeah, I loved traveling the universe to collect different colors of dirt.
>>
File: 1482084450863.jpg (191KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1482084450863.jpg
191KB, 499x499px
Stop making this thread OP, the answer will always be the same.

Its terraria.
>>
Wasn't there a mod that aimed to change Starbound to be more like it was in the past?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.