[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does Kojima's penchant for weird Special Ops units

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: cobraunit.jpg (124KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
cobraunit.jpg
124KB, 960x600px
Where does Kojima's penchant for weird Special Ops units come from? Is there a movie series with spies that fight against villains with odd gimmicks?

The closest I can think of is Jaws in 007 but that's about as weird as that series seems to go. Are there better examples?
>>
File: 4157095.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
4157095.webm
3MB, 720x480px
tokusatsu tv shows from his youth. The reason the Cobras explode is to be like Sentai or Rider villains.
>>
he needed boss battles, why not make this bosses, that are distinct enemies with different powers into a unit?
>>
>>389079583
>The closest I can think of is Jaws in 007 but that's about as weird as that series seems to go.
You need to watch more Bond films.
It was a norm up until early 00s to have a bizarre villain's sidekick or two in the movies, harassing James.

But yeah, the most likely influence were the numerous masked superhero shows from 60-80s.
>>
What was The Boss's gimmick again? Just being shit hot at everything?
>>
Literally any capeshit has at least one sub boss.

Avengers and Suicide Squad are basically this.
>>
>>389081187
She was the best teacher.

Anyone who has worked as one will tell you it's a superpower in it's own right.
>>
>>389079583
To begin with, there's the obvious anime/manga stuff and the japanese costumed heroes/villains shows.

Another example is the movie Running Man. It's based around a deadly gladiator game show and has a group of wackos chasing the main character (played by Arnold Schwarzenegger lol). These include a hockey player with a bladed stick and an opera singing fatass who shoots electricity. A sub-boss character in Metal Gear 2 was even named Running Man, after the film.

I'm sure there are plenty of other examples too.
>>
>>389079583
James Bond
>>
>>389081438
This. Part of this is having a snake scar (somewhere between figurative and literal) that slithers to life when she passes on the last of her teachings.
>>
Kojima a hack. Rips off everything.
Thinks he can pull it off "like A-tarrrranteeno!".
Stupid chink would never make it in films, he'd be laughed out of hollywood with his retarded shit.
Sticks to vidya, and not even good at making, let alone finishing that.
Death stranding will prove this.
"But konami!"
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.