[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your favorite >area? >boss? >music? Also

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: cover_medium.jpg (84KB, 575x393px) Image search: [Google]
cover_medium.jpg
84KB, 575x393px
What's your favorite

>area?
>boss?
>music?

Also La-Mulana 2 when?
>>
I'm so glad I found Spelunky so I don't have to bother with this obscure tedious garbage anymore
>>
>>389075814
How the fuck do you "find" Spelunky?

That's like saying you found Cave Story
>>
Surface theme a best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rfhi6I84hM
>>
File: lamulanaart.jpg (233KB, 1024x743px) Image search: [Google]
lamulanaart.jpg
233KB, 1024x743px
>>389075814
but the games aren't remotely similar except in looks

it's like you saying you found the Indiana Jones point-n-click game

>>389075571
>area
Mausoleum of the Giants, perfect zone that works within itself (I love the looks of Temple of Moonlight, though)
>boss
Mother
>music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vw4gW5hrcU&

>Also La-Mulana 2 when?
I could copy-paste the latest backer updates if you guys want
>>
>>389076916
>Moon Light Dance

Great taste
>>
man, this game makes me feel like a moron at times.

I make progress but at the same time it does not feel like any progress was made.

>beat Twin Snake boss
>beat Minecart boss
>have like 5 areasI can warp to
>can fight the fish boss (have not attempted after getting the axe)
>only found 1 seal
>can't go past the path of eternity due to no key
>some puzzles can't be solved due to no flare gun

and I am lost as fuck.
>>
>had like 40 sheets of A4 paper in writings, pictures, notes and maps from the game
>accidentally them all 2 years ago
>>
>>389077121
You can definitely go fight Bahamut (the fish boss) now that you have the Axe. However have you already fought the boss from Mausoleum of Giants?

I can give you more tips without spoilers if you want to but it's hard not to give away too much.
>>
>>389077809
>However have you already fought the boss from Mausoleum of Giants?

I don''t even know how to unlock the fight, or how to get up a ladder in another part of that area.
>>
>>389078051
Ok first thing I would worry about in your playthrough is Mausoleum of Giants then. Try to "solve" the area as much as possible since it's failry self-contained in the beginning.

If you're lost try going through it again as if you reached it for the first time. Pay attention to everything, read all the tablets etc. Also it's pretty much a must in this game to take notes and based off of your posts I don't think you're taking notes at all.

You should realize sooner or later what you have to do there once you pay attention to the hints. Also keep in mind basically all writing in this game is important. All stuff that seems unimportant or just like vague "lore" usually has some more practical meaning.

That's all I have to say for now without downright spoiling anything but you can ask me more questions.
>>
>>389078417
I have a feeling that part of the Mausoleum I am having problems with is that the rotating thingy

I have it in the position I have seen some strange statues in but I get no "you did a thing" noise.

I do not take notes because I have the software that allows me to save conversations

still have no idea how to get up that one fucking ladder
>>
>>389078417
Oh and more thing: Stay away from that one tablet in the corner of the map that tells you not to read it again. You seriously should not read it again.
>>
>>389078632
The trick of the Mausoleum is that shit changes around with that wheel, there's hints around to show what it is but you can also bruteforce it

(try figuring out which giant is which)
>>
>>389078968
so with each different at the top changes the layout of the area?

and I take it if I grail or die,or walk out, it resets?
>>
>>389078632
>I have a feeling that part of the Mausoleum I am having problems with is that the rotating thingy

Well you're right about that though I'm not sure how much more to reveal about this. All I will say is that the tablets and description in the area reveal more about it. That's why I said the area is fairly self-contained in the beginning.

>I have it in the position I have seen some strange statues in but I get no "you did a thing" noise.

There's several things you need to do with this and it happens in the Mausoleum itself. Once again not saying more due to spoilers.

>I do not take notes because I have the software that allows me to save conversations

Ok trust me when I say you definitely want to take notes of your own. The software just doesn't have enough room to save all the hints and you want to keep track of almost everything. A lot of hints (not necessarily just in MotG, I mean in general) can and will be important later on. Seriously, take your own hints.

>still have no idea how to get up that one fucking ladder

That has to do with solving the area so you'll figure it out along the way.
>>
>>389079156
I don't think it does, unless you die and go back to a save that had a different one at the top
>>
>>389079357
so there's only 3 formations?
Sun on top
Moon on top
and Star on top
>>
>>389079471
Remember the symbols in the rotation and carefully read the tablets in the mausoleum. It's really not too hard to figure out.
>>
>>389079471
yeah

the zone isn't that big and they don't affect a lot of things, so if you can't figure out the giants you can always just walk around and see what happens
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.