[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used to play Diablo 2 a lot and have very fond memories of it,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

File: Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (166KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png
166KB, 460x300px
Used to play Diablo 2 a lot and have very fond memories of it, but I heard Path of Exile is pretty good. Which one should I get /v? D2 and LOD expansion are 20 bucks and POE is free.
>>
File: 5dnfwy.jpg (123KB, 462x621px) Image search: [Google]
5dnfwy.jpg
123KB, 462x621px
the flexible play styles in PoE kept me playing it for a few days but then realizing the economy slog that I would have to grind through for endgame gear I quit

then I got diablo 3 which was fun for about 3 days and then I couldn't figure out what the fuck there even was to do but grind gear so you could grind for better gear to grind for better gear and then wait several months and do it all again

shame, these games are fun and the progression you get from grinding is significant but it's basically like spending all your time in a batting cage but never actually playing baseball
>>
>>389068365
grinding is the big part of these games tho
It was the same in D2 and D1
>>
Grim Dawn
>>
>>389068575
yeah but I legitimately don't know what the fuck I'm grinding for

I don't hate the system because it moves pretty quickly and makes a big difference but for what actual purpose
>>
File: Necro.jpg (214KB, 969x600px) Image search: [Google]
Necro.jpg
214KB, 969x600px
>>389067660
PoE is really good if you are into farming like an absolute madman and blowing up entire screens of mobs in a few seconds.
>>389068365
Well, the company behind PoE is called "Grinding Gear Games", you know, as in, you grind for gear? grinding like a chinese farmer is part of these games, only way to avoid that is by playing a singleplayer ARPG.
>>
You'll probably enjoy PoE. Its great for what it is.
>>
>>389068991
the purpose of grinding is so you can make your character REALLY good at grinding
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXKFrUIp5Gc skeletons are back, baby.
>>
File: 1477705504207.jpg (94KB, 1200x787px) Image search: [Google]
1477705504207.jpg
94KB, 1200x787px
>>389068626
Grim Dawn was great until I found out that every gun was mechanically the same.
>>
>>389070992
What do you mean every gun is mechanically the same?
Every weapon is mechanically the same, they're all just catalysts for your weapon skills, you don't use them for their default attack.
>>
File: heidi well memed.png (5KB, 210x184px) Image search: [Google]
heidi well memed.png
5KB, 210x184px
>>389068365
>economy slog
>people regularly go all the way to the end game in SSF
>>
So I started this game today. Is there no visual character customization at all, aside from the particle effects they charge you real money for?
>>
>>389071434
I mean compared to something like Torchlight 2 where guns fired and felt different. Shotguns had spread and knockback, pistols fired quickly and had a satisfying click, and rifles were slow but powerful at range.

After experiencing that and transitioning to Grim Dawn where a shotgun fired no different than a pistol/rifle was really disappointing.
>>
File: laughing bitches.png (24KB, 173x153px) Image search: [Google]
laughing bitches.png
24KB, 173x153px
>>389069562
>build of the week season aimed at new players
>showcase a boring, costly build
>>
>>389067660
Dude come on, D2 is outdated as fuck and you're stuck playing on the shittiest resoultion ever. Pretty much any current arpg on the market today is a straight upgrade from D2. Even D3 is better than D2.

The big 3 right now is PoE, D3, and Grim Dawn. They're all good and bad in their own way. PoE is free so I'd say start there, but it's also the hardest one to get into and do well in without following a cookie cutter meta build guide.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.