[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of finally playing pic related after having gone through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1789[1].jpg (48KB, 413x500px) Image search: [Google]
1789[1].jpg
48KB, 413x500px
Thinking of finally playing pic related after having gone through most of the classic CRPGs around (Forgotten Lands ones and the Fallout saga mainly).
What am I in for? And, do I need any patches or fixes like VTM:B does?
>>
>>389059546
I didn't like it much at first. But once I found more locations (especially Tarant) and built up a party it started being fun and the industrial revolution setting was neat for a fantasy game.
The game's pretty big too. Lots to explore. The game makes you feel really small and lost at first. You're going to be weak for a while.
Yeah you gotta patch it. There are unofficial patches that restore cut content too.
One thing, once you get to Ashbury, run around until you find the dog. It's down getting kicked by some asshole and he's doing to die permanently if you don't stop him. This is the biggest BS in the game.
>>
>>389059546
I wish i could tell you much about the game but i won't be albe to remain objective because i just love it too much.
>>
>>389060164
Many thanks anon, another couple of questions so I can make up my mind on the kind of char I want to make:
Can tech stand up to magic or is the latter just way more overpowered? Also, do persuasion and charisma options play a decent role into the conversations?
>>
>>389059546
This game has some of the most fun character creation systems in the universe but it takes a lot of patience to really love the game, so don't get discouraged.

Yes, Tech can stand up to Magic, it's just tougher to do because Tech kinda forces you to dig in trash cans to get parts whereas Magic is just LOL HARM HARM HARM. My favourite type of Techie is to go for a melee or archery type character with Tech as utility - grenades are really strong, for instance. Making a straight-up techie can be challenging as the early guns aren't great, but once you manage to get some good schematics, you should be set. It's just that the starting curve for gun-makers is harder than other characters. For ease of use, I think techies should build themselves on a chassis of a different character and grow into tech more organically. The techie sword you can make yourself, I forgot its name in English, really brings out the best of both worlds.

Also, Charisma is a great stat and playing a Charismancer works very well, but any character benefits from having at least 9 CH. It lets you join Sogg into your party, and he is a pretty damn good companion.
>>
>>389060872
>Can tech stand up to magic or is the latter just way more overpowered?
Yeah I always played as tech characters. It's awesome. You can find/make pretty powerful tech weapons/armors/drugs/etc. It goes pretty clockpunk at the end.
Gotta find schematics and parts to make/upgrade them. Playing as a tech character has you searching for components a lot. I liked it. First thing I did when getting to a new city was check out their general or tech-oriented stores for any parts, and see if industrialists had any quests, etc.
>Also, do persuasion and charisma options play a decent role into the conversations?
It's important. I don't remember how important. Every NPC has an initial disposition affected by it and you may have to make up for it if it's too low. If you can.

Also, buy a key ring ASAP. Otherwise keys waste inventory space. You need room for parts.

Also this game has TONS of stuff you can put points in and it really makes you want more points (especially to be able to craft more stuff) but you won't get that many in the game. IIRC the game used to have a level cap of 50 which was really not enough. They changed it at some point so you can get more points in the long run.
>>
>>389059546
It's the buggiest troika game by far, you absolutely need the unofficial patch
>>
I didn't care much for it. It's like if you took Icewind Dale and made everything worse.
>>
Don't trust gnomes.
>>
>>389063803
This.
>inb4 GIDF invades this thread
>>
>>389059546
severely overrated game with atrocious combat, was a slog to play through, not worth it
>>
>>389064509
dont listen to this stupid faggot
>>
>What am I in for?
fallout with elves. like all wrpgs the actual gameplay is kind of shit, but the setting is entertaining.

>And, do I need any patches or fixes like VTM:B does?
yes

>>389060872
tech is weak but fun. I think it goes something like magic caster > magic fighter > tech fighter > tech gunner. charima is useful and there are several fairly strong party members you can recruit with it, although the strongest is the dog that anyone can get.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.