[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worth it bros? I've played through DR1 and DR2, haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (24KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 200x300px
Worth it bros? I've played through DR1 and DR2, haven't played OTR.
>>
>>389055798
I've said it plenty of times, and I'll say it now. OTR is the BEST Dead Rising game and is well worth your money.
>>
>>389056163
You're full of shit. It's just as bad as DR2 and if you think DR2 or OTR have a better story than DR1, then you need to kys
>>
>>389056225
story isn't everything anon
>>
>>389056225

The only thing DR1 has over DR2 or OTR is the writing for the psychos. Besides that, DR2 and OTR are far above 1 in terms of gameplay and world design.
>>
OTR is fun if you can get it for cheap. It is just DR2 though, albeit with remixed cases, 2 new boss fights, and a new district. Plus photography is back with a sandbox mode available right out of the gate.
>>
>>389056538
>are far above 1 in terms of gameplay

You mean the way it has less zombies on screen and has shitty gimmick zombies?

>and world design.

Like the pointless and shitty purple dildo world in OTR?
>>
>>389056873

>You mean the way it has less zombies on screen and has shitty gimmick zombies?

You're confusing graphics with gameplay, also the gimmick zombies were more interesting than multitudes of yet more shitty weak zombies.

>Like the pointless and shitty purple dildo world in OTR?

Better than the "designed for grind" underground parking area in 1 and the shitty courtyard.
>>
>>389057143
Not him but
>Shitty courtyard
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
>>
>>389057143
>You're confusing graphics with gameplay

The huge swarms in DR1 effected the gameplay unlike DR2 which is awful
>>
>>389056163
Shit taste at its finest.
Dr1>Dr2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>piss>>>>>>>>>>>OTR
>>
>>389057328

The only places with "huge swarms" in one were the underground parking area (where you're just expected to drive through them) and the beginning area (where you just run away). Other than that, the game had equal zombie density to 2, plus 2 had more sections for vehicular mayhem.
>>
OTR is the same game as 2 but with a pointless extra area and a fucking grating sense of humor that would evolve into DR4's sense of humor.
>>
>>389057740
It at least made some sense considering Frank probably got a huge ego after the events of DR1, and thankfully it was only relegated to gameplay instead of the story as far as I remember. It's also a non-canon "what if" scenario instead of how DR4 ended up.
>>
>>389058297

If you've already played 1 and 2, it's not worth buying the triple pack just to play OTR.

If you really want to play it, drop your Steam and I'll send you a code for OTR from the recent bundle.
>>
>>389058481
I have it on steam but it doesn't have controller support so fuck that. I haven't played 1 and 2 in years, and I feel like if I play OTR I'll just want to play them again. I plan on picking it up on xbox, but I figure if I'm gonna get 1 and 2 I might as well get OTR
>>
>>389057529
what's wrong with OTR?
isn't it literally Dr2 just with Frank?

why did it get so bad reception in comparsion to Dr2?
>>
>>389058610
OTR has controller support, what are you talking about?
>>
>>389056538
>Besides that, DR2 and OTR are far above 1 in terms of gameplay and world design.
Are you shitting me mate
Just the crafting system alone is a pain in the ass, and it's not like it's rewarding. It feels more like they nerfed non crafted weapons to be practically useless against bosses, so you constantly have to run around like a retard looking for crafting stations and materials.
>>
>>389059128
It was all fucked when I tried to play it. I dunno, maybe they fixed it. Like I said, I figure if I get 1 and 2 (which I would get on xbox) I might as well get OTR.
>>
if dr2 is shit
and dr otr is shit
and dr3 is shit
and dr4 is shit

This series only has one good game?
>>
>>389059330
DR4 is the only game that is objectively bad

Even 3 had it's moments.
>>
>>389059128
In my experience, you need third party software to make anything but a regular 360 controller work
>>
>>389055798
OTR is my favorite, but it's probably not worth it if you already played 2. Plus the Steam version's DLC is totally busted. It doesn't load even if you've bought it. Capcom seems to have no plans to fix it either
>>
>>389059448
>>389059254
Weird, the controller worked fine for me this year.

>>389059374
DR4 was such a let down its not funny. Save for some very slight improvements, CV deserved the flak they got for not listening to feedback and doubling down on what made 3 underwhelming and then some.
>>
>>389059872
Hopefully those rumors about 5 being developed by a different company is true. They need to give DR back to the gooks desu.
>>
>>389060042
I think thats been debunked as fake or just rumors. Supposedly the concept art was found in other places as early as 2015, and it doesnt make sense to make 2 games at the same time for Capcom. Granted it would explain some things like DR4 being rushed to meet the series' 10th anniversary deadline.
>>
>>389060042
Dead rising isn't develops by Japan's studio anymore?
>>
>>389061994
only 1 was and 2 co-developed to an extent
>>
>>389061994
Capcom "never played a dead rising game in their life" Vancouver developed it.
>>389061185
Shut up anon. I want to believe.
>>
>>389058297
You should have known you wouldnt get a straight answer from here. As always though if you enjoy them in anyway and want it then buy it.
>>
>>389063347
There were accurate DR3 and 4 leaks before, but its time to accept reality.

>>389061994
They worked on 1, the Wii port, and helped work with Capcom Vancouver, formerly known as Blue Castle games, on DR2, Cases 0 and West. DR2 OTR and after that was just CV.
>>
>>389063843
Let it be known that all the key people that worked on 1, 2, 3, and OTR had nothing to do with 4.
>>
>>389064374
That much is clear. I think CV in particular consists of new blood now.
>>
File: faggot.jpg (67KB, 479x675px) Image search: [Google]
faggot.jpg
67KB, 479x675px
>>389065659
when the games director looks like this you know you're fucked.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.