[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me why >exclusives matter. A game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 1497788176615.png (231KB, 349x620px) Image search: [Google]
1497788176615.png
231KB, 349x620px
Can someone explain to me why
>exclusives
matter. A game being exclusive or not does not effect the quality of a console. The only thing that matters is if it has the game or not. Why would other consoles not having the game make a console better. Seems extremely illogical.
For example, If XB were on ps4, it wouldnt make the wii u worse, just ps4 better.
>>
Because I have a PC if I wanted to play your shitty multiplats.
If your box doesn't have games that I can't play on my PC than I couldn't give three quarters of a shit about it.
>>
>>389045573
believe it or not people buy consoles based mostly on the games available for that console
shocking i know
>>
>why would you buy a several hundred dollar device to play things you can play on another several hundred dollar device?
>>
>>389046718
That isnt related to exclusives though.
>>
>>389045573
Depends on what you mean by better.

Exclusives sell consoles which is the entire point. The more consoles sold, the more software support it gets. This means more games and potentially more exclusives. So on and so forth.
>>
Exclusives are literally hostages.
You pay the ransom to the console manufacturer to play the game.
>>
>>389046576
but most multiplats are horrible on pc
>>
>>389045573
>Can someone explain to me why
>>exclusives
>matter.

Can you explain how exclusives are NOT the only thing that matters?
>>
>>389048082
>Exclusives sell consoles

The Hell they do. The overwhelming majority of people who buy the PS4 buy and play shooters and sports game, which are universally multiplat. The only times an "exclusive" comes anywhere near that level is if they're given a massive marketing push or it's Nintendo and there's not much choice outside of Nintendo's ecosystem.
>>
>>389050169
So, why are you having trouble now? You seem to have grasped the situation

Nintendo console sell because they have extremely good exclusive.

Ps4 or Sony do not have exclusives worth a shit, so they sell on marketing. PS4 won this handily due to MS blundering impressively, so every nigger, normie and gaymer went to Sony to play Fifa and CoD
>>
>>389050460
I'm actually not disagreeing with you entirely, but I'd argue that Nintendo is the exception, not the rule. Nintendo does its own thing, and because of it, this very board is bombarded daily with people wishing that it was a more traditional, higher-powered box.
>>
>>389050885
Well, mabe those niggers, gaymer and other trash should pressure sony then.
>>
>>389049612
If you've never played multiplats on PC don't act like you have any idea what your talking about
>>
>>389045573
>game X is on console A and console B
>game Y is only on console A
Gee I wonder why exclusives matter.
>>
>>389045573
Exclusives matter when trying to decide between consoles. The value of a console comes from what games you can play on it. If a game is available on two consoles, then that game doesn't factor in to which console is better. If a game is exclusive to one console, then that console has more value since you can only play the game on that console.
>>
>>389045573
The best video games are always exclusives, because they're made to sell consoles and platforms. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Blizzard and Valve all know this, and that's why they strove to make some of the best games in history, to best their competition.
>>
>>389045573
Actually it does affect the quality of the console, as the only reason to own one is the exclusives if you have a PC. The other things you mentioned were just console war bullshit that you shouldn't worry about.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.