[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>know japanese (NOKEN 2) >play Hyperdimension Neptunia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

>know japanese (NOKEN 2)
>play Hyperdimension Neptunia
>All the jokes and videogame/internet references are ignored and changed by meme reddit shit
>Half of the dialogues are badly translated

You dont know shit about neptunia /v/
>>
>>389033364
it pisses me off how this is done normally and even more on mere expressions, anyone with a slight knowledge can notice them and it's annoying as hell. There's literally no point on doing it, and it will only drive away the weebs that want to play these games.
>>
>>389033364
Don't forget that Neptune and Vert have different personalities
>>
File: 1504287721870.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1504287721870.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>start learning nip
>know basic grammar, ~900 words
>try to read
>still don't understand shit apart from common anime phrases
The road to enlightenment is rough.
>>
>>389033364
That's something I'll never understand.
These games are made for weebs, why do they care if normies understand the jokes/cultural references?
>>
>>389033767
Weebs on /v/ don't know Japanese. They think that a portal 1 reference it's an original neptunia funny joke.
The localisation work in these games are awful.
>>
>>389034023
Took me 8 years, 1 of them living in japan and almost all my savings.
>>
What is NOKEN?
>>
>>389034351
Nihongo noryoku shiken (Japanese Language proficiency Test)
>>
>>389033364
>JLPT N2
>knows japanese
You are like a little baby. Anyone can pass the N2 within a year.
>>
>>389033364
RB1-3 was the absolute worse in that department. VII toned it down significantly, which made me smiled. Words cannot describe my emotions when I realized Neptune wasn't speaking like a literal spastic memer.
>>
File: indekkusu.jpg (35KB, 412x371px) Image search: [Google]
indekkusu.jpg
35KB, 412x371px
>>389034452
You're bragging about passing N2? I passed N1 and I still wouldn't claim to 'know japanese'
>>
>>389035575
>I passed N1
sure
>>
>move to Japan to learn Japanese
>realize current Japanese level isn't good enough to make friends
>stay in all day playing eroge as practice

At least I'm learning a lot of new words and kanji
>>
>>389033364
So when Japan does it, it is a joke/internet reference, but when us westerners do it, it is reddit meme shit.
Got it.
>>
>>389034452
>noryoku
>not nouryoku
I get that Roumaji's not that important in Jap-speak but step up your game senpai.
>>
>>389036224
Yes.
>>
>>389035797
It's not a big achievement. I'm still a long way from being fluent. You act like N1 is some holy grail or something, if I posted my results sheet you'd just nitpick that my score wasn't high enough even though it's passing.
>>
>>389034042
>These games are made for weebs

The games were made for weebs in Japan, and they are not popular there. Here on the west they did a meme translation and the popularity of the games exploded. So that can explain why they do it... though I also don't aprove.

The vast majority who plays Nep games aren't even hardcore weebs anymore, but normies.
>>
Who cares? The gameplay is still trash
>>
Why does every single fucking thread about games being in Japanese end up like this with people either bragging how they learnt it in 3 days or shitting about how impossible it is to learn the language?
Holy fucking shit, every single time without fail.

That being said, I do know that a lot of the jokes and content in the translated Goemon games are completely lost not because of a poor job of the translators, but because in order to explain them you'd need translator notes all over the game. There's nothing you can do about it.
>>
File: 1473938812058.jpg (50KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
1473938812058.jpg
50KB, 400x505px
>same shit but jap memes get replaced by western ones
Such a big deal. Learning Japanese became my number 1 priority now.
>>
>>389036992
>Why does every single fucking thread about games being in Japanese end up like this with people either bragging how they learnt it in 3 days or shitting about how impossible it is to learn the language?
Because those "people" are the same dozen retards whose only accomplishment in life is learning another language. The rest are idiots just pretending to know and MAYBE one guy actually wanting to learn the language who is not in the autist club.
>>
>>389036453
>normies
>playing neptunia games

nigga in what kind of strange country do you live?
>>
>>389037481
He's right though, actual weebs aren't playing this shit just like japan isn't actually playing this shit.

It's the ironic redditors who play it.
>>
>>389036992
>>389037463
Claiming you 'know japanese' because 'I passed the N2' is patently ridiculous, though. If OP had said 'understand Japanese to a decent extent' instead, this wouldn't have happened.
>>
File: How to learn japanese.png (1022KB, 756x4400px) Image search: [Google]
How to learn japanese.png
1022KB, 756x4400px
>>389034023
>>
>>389036453
>The games were made for weebs in Japan
>weebs in Japan

Are you a literal retard?
>>
>>389033364
The japanese references which would flyover the heads of 90% of the players doget ignored and replaced with 4chan/reddit equivalents
>>
At least it's not as bad as Re;Birth 2's anymore
Sega Hard Girls got a pretty good translation but it was a spinoff and much of it will never see daylight in the main series because certain habits are too entrenched
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.