[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a game's community (Fandoms, for example) influence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (21KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
21KB, 1280x720px
Does a game's community (Fandoms, for example) influence you in how you experience a game? We're talking about singleplayer games, of course.
>>
no and that's why I don't like this game, even if the fanbase does
>>
I don't play games that have more than 10,000 active players because it makes me feel like a pleb.
>>
>>389033197
I'm able to seperate the game from the fanbase for my own enjoyment of the game but I would never associate myself with that fanbase even if I think the game is okay like undertale
>>
>>389033197
FACT: games with shitty fanbasea are always a shit games.
>>
>>389033197
Not at all.
And to go even further, the behaviour and political opinions of the guy that created a game have absolutely zero influence as well.
I judge games by themselves, I love or hate them because of how they are, not because of the community.
>>
Not so much, but it does go a very long way to me not wanting to let out even an inkling that I might enjoy the game.
>>
>>389033197

Yes and it's the main reason I'm glad I played Undertale before it blew up. If I tried to play it today I wouldn't be able to get the cancerous fanbase out of my mind.
>>
>>389033197
I just stay away from fandoms, in general
That's the only way i could enjoy pic related as well
>>
I fortunately played and enjoyed Undertale before I was aware of its terrible fanbase, so it didn't detract from my enjoyment. However, it did detract from my enjoyment and willingness to discuss the game anywhere.
>>
>>389033197
>n-no, it's just a bad fanbase!
Stop making excuses for your shitty game.
>>
>>389033884
This.
>>
>>389033197
No I'm not a fucking idiot, I can distinguish myself from a hivemind. Both the fanbases and the people who immediately place someone in a fanbase are the issue
>>
File: 1467837808836.jpg (87KB, 606x871px) Image search: [Google]
1467837808836.jpg
87KB, 606x871px
No, but sometimes if I already hate a game and it has a horrible fanbase, my vitriol for it will grow even stronger.
>>
No. I either play the game before looking anything up about it, if I am interested in it (on the basis of avoiding spoilers, mostly, but also this kind of shit), and if I don't care for a community after I'm done with the game, no big deal -- I'm already done with it after all.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.