[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it time to get good at fighting games and buy Tekken 7? Whats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

Is it time to get good at fighting games and buy Tekken 7? Whats the verdict on this game?
>>
Its an amazing game.
>>
As far as pushing graphics and content its #1 in fighting games.
They just added a bowling DLC also.
>>
>>389030020
great fucking game

and actually easier to learn than most fighting games if you are willing to learn easier characters

>have friend
>sucks fat cocks at SF4
>no execution or thought, just did specials
>played it for years and still sucked
>only played waifus
>get Tekken
>played lili, sucked ass as usual, just mashin
>plays Jack for luls
>teach him 1+2, S!, B+3, 2, 2
>enjoyed the thrill of actually landing combos
>almost every launch setup can be continued with said combo
>starts learning more
>df+2
>f,f+2
>debugger
>he is now a green rank, and maybe even orange rank right now
>>
>>389030352
>content

What fucking content? An extremely mediocre story mode, a barebones arcade mode, treasure battles to unlock the custom gear which mostly looks shit apart from a few items, and the online mode?
>>
>>389030020
If you're on the competitive, (or at least the "trying to get gud") side, then it's probably the best out there

Make no mistake, this game is as bad as SFV content wise, and some ESSENTIAL features are missing (like a proper tutorial mode). Its saving grace is its fucking dope gameplay and how good it feels to watch it and play it (which, in my opinion, is all that matters after the hype from the game releasing fades)
>>
>>389030498
>An extremely mediocre story mode
a fighting game has a shit plot? NO FUCKIN WAY!!

>barebones arcade mode
its arcade mode, wtf did you fuckin expect? You play a couple matches against the CPU and fight the big baddie and its over.

>treasure battles to unlock the custom gear which mostly looks shit apart from a few items

you would be foaming at the mouth if this was paid DLC

all of it can be unlocked by playing 1000 matches, so you don't need to even touch that mode.

>b..but im too much of a casual to actually play the game, i wanna play dress up
ok, then just...

>switch the input for Left Kick and Right Kick
>go to Treasure Battle
>pick Katarina
>Put "A"(xbox/pc), "X"(ps4/pc) on Turbo(using a fightstick)
>leave the game on overnight
>Katarina will buttfuck the CPU with her 4,4,4,4,4,4 string
>do this for 3 or 4 nights, you should have everything

>online mode
yes, online mode, so you can play against other opponents who don't want to wander in your stink-infested room to play.
>>
>>389030514
>tutorial mode
>ESSENTIAL

Tekken Tag 2 had this, and no one bothered

GGXrd has an insanely good tutorial mode, and no one plays it

That shit is a waste, look up youtube or a streamer since most of you kids suck-off e-celebs.
>>
Speaking of fighting games, how do you use Waku Waku 7's keyboard controls on fightcade? I just keep going into super mode.
>>
>>389031717
>asking /v/ for advice in fighting games
>fuckin something as niche as Waku Waku 7 of all things

i think you either need to ask /vr/, but they are shitters too.

Honestly look it up in a reddit thread.
>>
>>389031054
Previous series entries were BETTER at these things. 7 is a regression.
>>
its fun game for sure but im starting to get bored now, online game scenarios are getting very repetitive for me ...all the faggots stand far away and wait for you to come.
>>
>>389032325
>T6
>that disgustingly bad story mode
>lore is even more fucked(heihachi having another fuckin son)
>adding worst characters in the franchise history(except for Leo and Miguel)
>bound into wall combos
>rage is fucked

Other than bob being a fuck, it was pretty good.

>T5
>Devil Within was trash
>all those bugs and fucked up broken combos
>lore is forever ruined
>had to wait till DR for it to be good

Had playable arcade versions of T1, 2, and 3 tho

>T4
>that god awful voice acting
>side-wallsplat infinites
>Arena infinite
>that wall damage
>Jin's Laser Scraper, making him ridiculously broken

best character designs and alternates tho
>>
>>389032557
>i keep pressing buttons, but the opponent backs off
>why wont they just walk into my strings?!
>>
>>389032557
>this lili with 500 wins in initiate rank in player matches
>faggot just backdashes and waits for you to whif and doesnt attack at all
>used to dodge him now I can't tedious as fuck nigger
>>
File: stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif (2MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
stephen-a-smith-laugh.gif
2MB, 320x180px
>>389033880
>initiate rank
>>
>>389030020
As with all fighting games, the skill ceiling is really high so it can be frustrating to find someone close to your skill level.

Unlike the majority of fighting games though, there's a lot to learn. Like, a metric fuckton. If you've never played Tekken before, you're gonna be lost, especially if you're not a fan of 3D fighters to begin with. Street Fighter, for comparison, is very easy to learn. You can pick it up and just start playing right away. Tekken, you're going to need to put in lots of time just learn your character, then comes learning how the rest of the mechanics work, then you can get in into the psychology of fighting other people.

Once you really know what you're doing though, the fights are pretty orgasmic.
>>
File: swans.jpg (135KB, 967x761px) Image search: [Google]
swans.jpg
135KB, 967x761px
I've been apprehensive about buying it because I don't know what platform to get it on.

Should I go for PC or PS4?
>>
>>389034294
Either work but just know that the PS4 version has an issue with input delay, requires a yearly fee to play online and when the system's generation is over, all the players leave.
>>
>>389034294
PC version looks better, runs great, and most players don't have shitty wifi connection

fuckin hated playing on my PS4 copy because of that
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.