[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does pic related hold up well today? Or was it never really that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg (73KB, 334x468px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal_Darkness_box.jpg
73KB, 334x468px
Does pic related hold up well today? Or was it never really that good to begin with?
>>
still pretty great
>>
Only if you emulate it.
>>
Still fun and very unique game. Definitely a gem
>>
>>389024982
It's still a good game.
>>
>>389024982
It had a cool gimmick but the execution was mediocre and so was the game overall, unfortunately.
>>
The game emulated on Dolphin in 4k looks surprisingly awesome. It makes the game really pop, especially the circle magic and shit. Really cool-looking aesthetic game. Love the sanity effects. It's a crime they won't make a sequel
>>
>>389027243
so the gameplay was shit? Like if it came out today, /v/ would shit all over it?
>>
>>389027243
>the execution was mediocre
What contemporary games did insanity effects at all, let alone better? You're a knucklehead.
>>
>>389027749
>so the gameplay was shit?
No, it was not.
>>
>>389027749
It's pretty slow and not that's great but I don't know why I really like it. I cleared the game thrice for all the endings and I rarely do that.
>>
>>389027859

It's a survival horror game, the gameplay works well for it, it's not an action game or a shooter so it's more than serviceable, makes for good immersion
>>
>>389024982
It's great. Loved it from the moment THAT voice started reading the Poe quote.

I wasn't expecting it the first time so it worked on me like a movie jumpscare.
>>
>>389028106
It's certainly more hack n' slashy than your average survival horror. I think it's an amazing game.
>>
It's a masterpiece, maybe the game most in need of a rerelease of some kind.
>>
The combat sucks and there is way too much of it.

But the rest is great. Feels cheap, but has a lot of charm.
>>
The magic system was really cool, has any game used something similar?
>>
Its honestly one of the best games on the Gamecube. If you like survival horror games and you haven't played this yet, then what are you doing?
>>
>>389027760
So just because they were the only to implement an idea it means that it cannot be mediocrely executed? Well there's nothing to compare to but my point was that it wasn't nearly as cool in practice as it sounded as an idea. I guess I wanted it to be even more important part of the gameplay.
>>
>>389029762
>So just because they were the only to implement an idea it means that it cannot be mediocrely executed?
Yes, because mediocre means average. There's no average if there's nobody else doing it.
>>
File: Eternal Darkness.jpg (40KB, 450x319px) Image search: [Google]
Eternal Darkness.jpg
40KB, 450x319px
>>389025585
>>389027514
I've been emulating it on dolphin and there's an issue
Every time I start or finish a tome chapter, the screen goes bright green. It only lasts a few seconds but but's really jarring.
Is it me or does that happen to anyone else?
>>
It doesn't work for Nintendont that well because cutscenes freeze console sometimes, so use Dolphin.
>>
Was Mantorok /ourguy/?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.