[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>lowered the loading times by literally 90% Was the vanilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: xcom-2-3[1].jpg (182KB, 1902x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom-2-3[1].jpg
182KB, 1902x1080px
>lowered the loading times by literally 90%
Was the vanilla game THAT badly coded or did they become geniuses?
It's almost unbelievable
>>
The rushed out the original to make a quick buck. Remember when it was supposed to be PC exclusive so it's going to be super well optimized and make full use of a PC's power?
Just kidding, having all the gimmicky shit they threw in turned on slows the framerate to a crawl and it's buggy ass shit that hangs forever on each and every action.
>>
>look at minimum system requirements
>exactly like my toaster, good
>get to "65 GB free space"

what
>>
Didn't know the Bogs had a sister.
>>
Does the vanilla game also have shorter load times now or do you have to buy the add-on?
>>
>>389024773
Engine was completely reworked with the expansion features hard coded in. The fixes can't be implemented into the vanilla game.
>>
>>389024831
It can be, they're just lazy and have no financial incentive to do so at this point.

Fucking retard.
>>
>>389024543
every single game on steam inflates the storage requirements, this isnt new
>>
>>389024908
If features are hard coded in, ripping them out is going to completely fuck everything they're touching.
>>
I didn't think the load times were terrible, I just found the framerate and input lag made the game unplayable no matter what I did. But I will pirate the new version to see how it performs.
>>
>>389025070
It requires 68.5gb to be precise.
>>
>>389025315
that implies you dont have the base game installed, the expansion itself is 31gb
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.