[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, I'm a contractor for id working on their two major

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 9

File: id logo.png (11KB, 209x241px) Image search: [Google]
id logo.png
11KB, 209x241px
Hello, I'm a contractor for id working on their two major upcoming projects right now. For personal reasons I'm willing to talk a bit about them, if anyone's interested.

I know there have been people working for id (or claiming to) which have leaked things here. I am not any previous leaker, and this is the only tripcode I'll ever use
>>
larpfag
>>
are any of bethesda's heavy hitters in a presentable state yet? wondering how much longer i'll have to wait for fallout 5 or skyrim 2
>>
>>389023203
Proof or GTFO.
>>
>>389023203
D44M 2 when?
Do you have any plans to acquire the rights to monolith's Blood?
Any plans to create a Sega Classics like box for all of id's old games?
>>
>>389023203
any new singleplayer fps in works?
RAGE 2? quake?
>>
singleplayer Quake? Remote possibility in a billio years of either of the Johns coming home?
>>
>>389023203
Whats next for the doom 4 team? new singleplayer quake game? rage 2? or even doom 5/ doom 2?
>>
>>389023303
I will not post anything that could indicate who I am, or what I do for them on contract. Sorry :/

>>389023305
>>389023313
>>389023373
>>389023525

Their two upcoming games have a large SP focus. First is "Doom 2" (internal name, probably not going to be called that) and it's a direct continuation to Doom 2016. It was going to be smaller in scope (a sort of "expandalone"), but Doom's success convinced Bethesda to fund it into something bigger

The other is, and this is going to sound absurd, RAGE 2's idea scrapped into being a new Quake. Quake Champions was well-received enough that they felt like releasing it as Quake instead of Rage. This means open world, the Ranger character scavenging craftables and dealing with a post-apocalyptic world after the events of Quake 1. There were talks of integrating RAGE's story with it (i.e. the meteor impact was caused by the antagonizing forces from Quake) once, but I'm pretty sure it will end up self-contained
>>
>>389023203

And? You do QA for Quake and Wolfenstein 2.
>>
>>389023571
>Quake 1

So no Strogg?
>>
>>389023203
I'm working on an ID game as well, mostly art.
>>
Whats it like being a useless qa faggot?
>>
>>389023571
>>389023754
you know they are very anal about their NDA, right?
>>
>>389023571
Yeah but what about blood or the classics box?
>>
>>389023571
Bringing back dynamic lighting? Why was that shit absent in rage 1
>>
>>389023571
Are you working on anything fun?
>>
what's your experience working with them? Mine is that they are clueless but very helpful and super friendly and supportive
>>
>>389023637
Armagon was a strogg general of Quake...if they do go back to Quake I hope they actually let us fight whatever the fuck Quake is, it wasn't ol' Shrubby she was just a minion and so were the Strogg and probably the beings that run the Q3 Arena
>>
>>389023571

Open world quake?

What is it with bethesda and shoving their IP onto games that dont fucking fit the IP. Just callit something else if you don't want to use RAGE
>>
>Open world Quake
>When Quake 1 was all about lovecraft mazes
>>
File: eae.gif (9KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
eae.gif
9KB, 500x500px
>>389023203
story details on the quake game pls?
>>
>>389023620
Wolfenstein is not made by id, though they are helping. And I am further up the food chain than QA

>>389023637
Not that I know of. I think it may take place before Quake 2. One of the ideas tossed around is that humanity will survive the ordeal and becomes an unified, bellicose entity, but who knows how this Frankenstein's monster project will end up

>>389023869
I like to think so. The company's morale is very high currently

>>389023871
Same as you except I'd swap "clueless" with "naively optimistic". I'm not sure if this was the Bethesda acquisition, but you're not allowed to criticize things all that much. But it's hard to argue with their attitude it after Doom 2016's unexpected success

>>389024010
You will be able to enter "dungeons" and play Quake-style levels separate from the open world. Same as RAGE's sewers, except they will be the focus instead of a side thing
>>
Is carmack autistic?
>>
>>389024132
>Same as you except I'd swap "clueless" with "naively optimistic". I'm not sure if this was the Bethesda acquisition, but you're not allowed to criticize things all that much. But it's hard to argue with their attitude it after Doom 2016's unexpected success
you wanna swap temp emails and chat a bit? We get no info about the project
>>
>>389023203
>Hello, I'm employed
Get the FUCK out normalfag.
>>
>>389024132
Any chance of resurrection of Kevin Cloud's take on D44M?

Also, what's your personal opinion on Tim Willits specifically?
>>
>>389024132

So its a hubworld, not an open world?
>>
>>389023203
Keen when?
>>
Reminder that leak threads are fake every single time
>>
>>389023203
pronouncing your name like "ihd" and not "eye-dee" sounds fucking dumb and no one does it around here
>>
>>389024225
I'm not posting anything that could even halfway identify me. I'm only answering things through this thread. Also that seems too much like a honeypot to me :)

>>389024426
No idea on what you're talking about. And about Tim Willits, saw him only once, so no real opinions on his character. He kind of looks like Tony Soprano

>>389024429
The world outside the levels acts as more than a simple hub. There are monsters, collectibles, world-only quests, etc. It's also much larger than Rage's map

>>389024484
I'm not working on QC :/
>>
>>389023203
I fucking loved DOOM, keep up the good work guys
>>
why should we care?
>>
>>389024604
>No idea on what you're talking about.
Well, you know, the earlier, cinematic version of Doom 4, the one with post-apoclypse on Earth?
>>
>>389024656
Fuck off, people do.
>>
>>389023810
better fire anyone working on art based on this post on an anonymous eldorado gold smelting image board
>>
>>389024149
>Is carmack autistic?
Extremely.
>>
Was Snapmap a success or failure?
>>
>>389024604
What's your favorite style of panties?
>>
didn't even know that id was still around
>>
>>389024604
Will it have Quake gameplay? or is it just a quake skin on Rage
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE[1].jpg (876KB, 1066x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE[1].jpg
876KB, 1066x1500px
>>389024570
probably because you want to fuck your mother
>>
>>389024634
I didn't work on Doom 2016, but thanks anyways. Its good reception completely revitalized the company and almost certainly saved it from getting downsized

>>389024659
No peril of seeing that anytime soon. Maybe if Doom 2 fails completely you'll see it 10 years from now :)

>>389024871
I wouldn't bet on something like that becoming a thing going forward, not even for the Doom franchise. It's a massive pain in the ass and the truth is, very few people care about designing their own levels. The next Quake won't have it. Doom 2 has a high probability of having it because it's running on mostly the same tech base and they're terrified of offering less than Doom 2016 did on any regard

>>389024950
I never really thought about it :#

>>389025013
You will have every Quake weapon worth noting and be able to strafejump, rocket jump, etc., but you'll also be able to drive a car in the open world. Car combat a la RAGE will be a thing, both against monsters and bandits with vehicles
>>
File: 7c6.png (202KB, 600x700px) Image search: [Google]
7c6.png
202KB, 600x700px
>>389025241
>You will have every Quake weapon worth noting and be able to strafejump, rocket jump, etc., but you'll also be able to drive a car in the open world. Car combat a la RAGE will be a thing, both against monsters and bandits with vehicles
>>
>>389025241
>No peril of seeing that anytime soon.
Well, it LOOKED pretty cool, artistry-wise, I personally would've liked to SEE more of that, with or without Doom moniker.

But whatever, it's not like anyone asked for my opinion.
>>
Aren't they ashamed that they got halfwit Russians to build the latest Quake?

Something that runs so shit shouldn't be allowed to carry the Quake name, it's practically synonymous with buttery-smooth optimization until now.
>>
>>389025241
>It's a massive pain in the ass and the truth is, very few people care about designing their own levels.
>very few people care about designing their own levels.

That's completely the wrong feedback to take from it, especially in the face of mods keeping doom active for 20 fucking years. Snapmap was too limited, just give the game full proper mod support.
>>
>>389025438
I get 70 ish fps on a 2012 PC, it runs pretty well. If you want to shit on champions go for the netcode.
>>
>>389025432
Actually, was there ever a playable alpha or something of that thing? Like, some build of that version of the game, where everything, that was more or less done by that moment, was more or less put together? Not that I am asking to leak it, just would be nice to know, whether such a build even exists in some form.
>>
>>389023203
I've worked as a contractor in the Dallas (only?) office at least a dozen times. Half your shit doesn't work, but the rest of the building HVAC was retrofitted years ago to accommodate it. You don't care about fixing it, because it doesn't bother your people but it severely fucks up everyone else.
>>
>>389025241
can you give an estimate to when we'll be seeing the first screenshots of Doom 2016 #2: Dr. Haydens Electric Boogaloo ?
>>
>>389025241
>You will have every Quake weapon worth noting and be able to strafejump, rocket jump, etc., but you'll also be able to drive a car in the open world. Car combat a la RAGE will be a thing, both against monsters and bandits with vehicles
i don't care if you're legit or not, the thought of this is making me so angry i can't even jerk off
>>
>it's another larp thread where people reply unironically to someone who would be under 6 different NDAs and gave away the fact that he's a contractor for the games and would lose his job and get sued for thousands and be ostracized from working in the industry if he was found out
>>
>>389025469
This. For a franchise that's survived this long on the mod community, there's obviously people who care about it, just not with the limited tools provided with snapmap.
>>
>>389023571
>First is "Doom 2" (internal name, probably not going to be called that) and it's a direct continuation to Doom 2016. It was going to be smaller in scope (a sort of "expandalone"), but Doom's success convinced Bethesda to fund it into something bigger

I truly want to believe but remain skeptical.
>>
>>389025823
>id calling it anything but DOOM 5 internally

it would be heresy
>>
>>389025715
Not to say this isn't one of those but we've had devs come here to give us some idea of what to expect. There was the Assassin's Creed in Egypt, of recent memory.
Plus, the idanon gave us more than "doom2". This RAGE/Quake mix sounds feasible.
>>
>>389025881
Maybe DOOM2. This is always a problem when you make a sequel the same name as the first game. You both want to build on this but you can't just have two games called Doom 2.
>>
>>389025438
They dismiss all criticism directed towards Saber, but I'm also halfway convinced they don't like their unexpected infamy being constantly thrown on their face. id probably won't be doing anything with them after QC

>>389025469
I wouldn't bet on ever having a developer-grade mapping tool ever again. Nobody in the company pushes for that sort of thing anymore. The same goes for source code releases, so not much chance for user-developed tools either

>>389025626
2018. Almost certainly before the mid of the year

>>389025660
;(
>>
File: larian.png (90KB, 250x387px) Image search: [Google]
larian.png
90KB, 250x387px
>>389026006
>I wouldn't bet on ever having a developer-grade mapping tool ever again. Nobody in the company pushes for that sort of thing anymore.

BTFO, fuck you Todd and Tim W
>>
Are both of these project planed for console release?
>>
Does daddy Carmack ever stroll into the office and rub his balls on everyone's faces to re-assert dominance?
>>
Are there any ANY early details you can tell us about D44M-2? Ya know something where down the line once/if it's shown we can be all: "Oh hey he was the real deal after all and not full of shit." ???
>>
File: 1503952146676.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1503952146676.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>389026006
Do people still remember the name Romero or do the new hires don't even know who that is?
>Nobody in the company pushes for that sort of thing anymore.
It's a shame that pretty much no company does anymore.
>>
>>389026116
Yes, of course

>>389026143
This could change, but currently the idea is that Hayden will flee to Earth with the Crucible and the Doom Slayer will give chase by crash landing on Earth many years later (without a ship, just his suit moving through space and entering the atmosphere). Predictably, he finds the Earth being attacked by demons due to Hayden trying to harness the Crucible's power
>>
>>389026068
Based Larian.
>>
File: 86f.png (161KB, 602x698px) Image search: [Google]
86f.png
161KB, 602x698px
>>389026679
>just his suit moving through space and entering the atmosphere
Alright, I'm sold.
>>
>>389026679
>Yes, of course
Good, additional question - do you know how many copies of Doom were sold on concoles? If you know numbers for PS4 and XO separately, I would like to know them too.
>>
>>389026679
Someone should screen cap this post now to throw it up later if it's true/fake.

>>389026787
I want a drawfag on this ASAP, he just enters with the power of MAD AT HELL.
>>
File: thomasthewut.jpg (32KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
thomasthewut.jpg
32KB, 1280x720px
>>389026679
>Doomguy crash landing on Earth just with his suit

I need that!
>>
>>389026818
I have no idea

>>389026886
It's annoying because these things are plot elements and they change often, more often than you'd think. But you can bet money on the open world Quake, even if it's cancelled you'll hear of it

Got to go, last post is going to be my last. Make 'em count
>>
>>389026886
I can already see it. Something like
>Use airship
>Gets destroyed by demons
>Explodes but Doomguy survives
>Hurdling towards Earth like a pissed off comet
>Demon in a street corner looks up
>Gets obliterated into a bloody dust
>>
>>389026679
This should be the ending sequence: he kills Hayden's physical body, Hayden in a twist is sent to heaven due to some loophole/scientific exploit, and the doomslayer has to travel to heaven and kill angels and shit as well before he kills Hayden for good
>>
>>389027002
Would a angry Doomguy comet create a small nuclear-like blast on impact?
>>
>>389023203
ranger better not speak in the open world quake game, i font want to hear him saying how he'll find a nice slip gate to shove me in.
>>
>>389026679
>Doom Slayer will give chase by crash landing on Earth many years later (without a ship, just his suit moving through space and entering the atmosphere).

sign me the fuck up
>>
Which of the ID game characters would you rather fuck?
>>
When can we expect to hear from the quake open world thing?
>>
File: NyxB01.webm (3MB, 1790x700px) Image search: [Google]
NyxB01.webm
3MB, 1790x700px
>>389027503
Crash and Nyx are primo.
>>
Is D44M 2 going to have multiplayer like the first one? I like my whacked out demon armors and shit.
>>
I'm peacing out, guys, this is my last post :s

>>389027545
Not anytime soon, as QC just "came out". Doom 2 will come out first unless something catastrophic happens. The new Quake is quite a bit behind in development as well, the design is not locked down + development will go into full gear after Doom 2 releases and everyone in the company moves onto Quake

>>389027805
Yes
>>
>>389023571
> The other is, and this is going to sound absurd, RAGE 2's idea scrapped into being a new Quake. Quake Champions was well-received enough that they felt like releasing it as Quake instead of Rage. This means open world, the Ranger character scavenging craftables and dealing with a post-apocalyptic world after the events of Quake 1. There were talks of integrating RAGE's story with it (i.e. the meteor impact was caused by the antagonizing forces from Quake) once, but I'm pretty sure it will end up self-contained

This sounds stupid enough it might just be real.

I hope they realize Quake is about cool architecture rather than desertic landscapes
>>
>>389027851
Hopefully all this was true. Thanks id dev.
>>
>>389024010
>What is it with bethesda and shoving their IP onto games that dont fucking fit the IP

Oh, that's funny, that you think open world quake guy running around scavening items doesn't fit the IP. Should someone tell him?
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.