[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last game you played was now released in 1997. How is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: id[1].jpg (340KB, 1737x1152px) Image search: [Google]
id[1].jpg
340KB, 1737x1152px
The last game you played was now released in 1997. How is it? What changes?
>>
>>389013606
>Half Life Opposing Force

nothing really
>>
>Tekken 7 in '97
Shit man, would we be up to Tekken 14 at this point? TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 4? ELEVEN KUMA CLONES?
>>
Virginity: The Room
>>
>>389013606
No More Heroes is now a PC game and utilizes the mouse and keyboard (WASD to move, LClick to slash, RClick to punch, Shift to lock on, move the mouse for death blows and camera)
You can't move your sword to high/low positions, it's always in the same position. Also, since there's no nunchuks, all motions use the mouse only.
Game would definitely cause more concern than Doom.
>>
>Mass Effect 1
Worse graphics, otherwise about the same.
>>
>>389013923
>id software
>virgins

U wot
>>
>>389013606
League of legends. literally no changes same graphics everything same
>>
File: 1998.jpg (2MB, 4784x3248px) Image search: [Google]
1998.jpg
2MB, 4784x3248px
>>389013606
>>
>Hearthstone
Offline card game based on Warcraft II with prebuilt decks versus better AI than Hearthstone has now.
>>
>>389014228
>the diverse cast of characters is intriguing but the game is wholly dependent on online network play, not feasible for large amounts of consumers on dial-up connections, and it lacks any singleplayer campaign content of any kind. It is however in a bold and perhaps foolhardy bussiness strategy, completely free to play, intending to rely on selling custom "skins" or alternate models for the characters to stay afloat. One wonders why a developer would decide to charge for what is traidtionally either an unlockable bonus of no real consequence of the outcrop of a dedicated fanbase individualizing their experiences through free mods and give away their main product. Frankly, Riot's game gives you no reason to stop playing Warcraft 2.
>>
>Hotline Miami
Pretty much nothing changes except the rotation of the sprites, some of the wavy effects, and possibly the colors. I can't really see it being released on the N64, it didn't really do sprites too well. PC, PS1, and Saturn. Dualshock compatible, but you can use the face buttons as well (dpad to move, xosquaretriangle to move your crosshair)
Would probably be censored on PS1 and Saturn, maybe need a gore code to be inputted on PC, receive an M rating, and be extremely controversial, more than any other game at the time.
>>
File: 1502228852553.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1502228852553.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>389013606
last game i played was doom
checkmate
>>
>>389014178
>Romero formed a family before he could legally buy alcohol

fucking wetback
>>
>>389013606
>Garry's Mod
You fuck around with the Goldsrc engine instead of Source.
Yes, I know Half Life came out in '98.
>>
>>389013606
Hexen II
Nothing changes.
>>
>>389013606
MGSV

just MGS i guess
>>
File: tears in rain.jpg (32KB, 660x330px) Image search: [Google]
tears in rain.jpg
32KB, 660x330px
>>389014857
>2008
>Half-Life 2 still isn't released
>laidlaw gives up and posts about the fate of the vortiguants, the combine, the black mesa NPCs becoming real characters, physics. and the Citadel and the time ending
>>
>Yakuza 4

I could see it working, although the city would be cut into small chunks (Probably smaller then the PS2 games) and there would be next to no voice acting.

Hell, a Yakuza game on the Saturn might have been the killer app it needed back then to help move some units (Outside the retarded civil war Sega had between the Japanese and US branches and releasing it too fucking early).
>>
>Yoshi's Woolly World
plays basically the same, but the graphics would be mostly comprised of prerendered 2D sprites with some 3D assets
released on N64
>>
>Arcanum

So, pretty much the same? Maybe visuals are worse.
>>
>>389013606
>Persona 5
Not much i think?
>>
File: vs-title.png (21KB, 384x224px) Image search: [Google]
vs-title.png
21KB, 384x224px
But it was released in 1997.
>>
>Ass Creed Unity
>all dose NPCS, graphics, places

I guess it turns into something like an Ultima game? Or maybe like Strife?
>>
>>389013606
>Team fortress2
So like the original quake mod but it gets an extra year of work on it and millions of hats

I'm okay with that
>>
>>389016392
in 1997 Ubisoft was making Rayman and tennis games, I can't find any action games or RPGs in their catalog to that date so it would probably still be a broken piece of shit despite pretty, ambitious visuals (it would probably be the namesake of the Unity engine in this alternate universe, kek)
>>
Oblivion is developed and published instead of redguard after the failure of battlespire. It's similar to daggerfall with randomly generated dungeons in a Huge map of Cyrodiil that contains oblvion gates. The visuals and combat lack much depth, but without voice acting the game flourishes in it's dialogue and story. It is hardly outshined by it's successor Morrowind, with it's drab and boring desert setting. The series reaches it's climax by Returning to it's roots with "Alinor" set in Summerset Isles detailing your journey becoming a Lord in the kingdom, unearthing dark secrets and hidden monsters. The series reaches a natural end and Bethesda moves on.
>>
>>389017839
do they go back to making mech games?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.