[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shouldn't we hate him to death? He ruined third-person shooters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: cliff blezinski.jpg (19KB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
cliff blezinski.jpg
19KB, 360x200px
Shouldn't we hate him to death? He ruined third-person shooters forever with shiity annoying cover mechanic. Yeah I know Killswitch was first but GoW really made it popular.
>>
GoW is a good game stop being an anal bitch
>>
>>389011314
He perfected cover based shooting and everyone else made shitty attempts at making GoW. Not his fault
>>
He used to be cool though when he worked on unreal tournament 2k3 and 2k4. After that he sold out and started making shit games because they sold. Makes no sense but somehow he got all the console kiddies to buy his shit.
>>
>>389011420
^this
>>
File: gears of war multiplayer.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
gears of war multiplayer.webm
3MB, 900x506px
you never use cover in multiplayer for more than a second, gears has some of the most advanced movement for a TPS
>>
>>389011569
That's just a stupid glitch made into lol so pro """mechanic""".
>>
>>389011314
>Killswitch was first
Winback on the N64 predates it, even the PS2 remake
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9CBW9bnnCQ
>>
>>389011569
If you wanna call dodge rolling skillful movement, that's fine. Snapping to cover as a way of teleporting into nothing personnel range is fucking stupid, though.
>>
>>389011569
>abusing absurd movement mechanics = advanced movement
>>
>>389011701
it's not even a glitch. You're just canceling the wall cover magnet. It's called Wall bouncing, you can wall-bounce with sniper and torques, shit i seen people clutch with snub pistols and boltoks.
>>
>>389011883
>It's okay when Tekken does it!
>>
>>389011883
What do you think Rocket Jumping in Quake or bhopping in CS is?
>>
What is this gears of War ruined tps meme I keep seeing recently? Did some eceleb make a viral video of it?
>>
>>389011701
That's the majority of "hardcore" pvp games.
>>
>>389012120
Many no name fucks made vids about how cover shooting is shit.
>>
>>389012076
bhopping was taken away.
>>
>>389011883
every single player has the ability to do this though, its not tied to any skillset or weapon or character, every can do it. you can argue that the meta of the game evolved into this, but the fact that you can do it doesnt make it bad by itself
>>
>>389011883
>it's ok when koreans do it with GunZ
>>
File: malc.jpg (34KB, 600x327px) Image search: [Google]
malc.jpg
34KB, 600x327px
>>389011314
Are you saying we don't hate him? Personally I have no pity for his recent failure of a game.
>>
>>389012760
You're fucking retarded.
>>
>>389012528
Every single player also has the ability to install hacks.
>>
>>389013330
what kind of stupid argument is this? installing hacks isnt in the means of the game. there is nothing wrong with wall bouncing because it is in the means of the game, its not even a glitch.
>>
File: 1504331311979.jpg (42KB, 351x450px) Image search: [Google]
1504331311979.jpg
42KB, 351x450px
>>389011569
Holy shit i didn't know you could do that.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.