[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we finally dispel the rumor that this game is casual? Most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3410.png (243KB, 516x411px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3410.png
243KB, 516x411px
Can we finally dispel the rumor that this game is casual? Most people will never progress in Mythic, and a lot of guilds have disbanded because of progression issues. Sure, the game has added new casual features over the years that allows everyone to experience the content, but the challenge is still there if you want it, and the rewards are better. Raiding now is more difficult than it was in BC, but a lot of people claim the game died because it became casual. Arguing whether or not the game is still good is one thing, but arguing it's for casuals and doesn't have tough end game content is a bunch of shit.
>>
The bigger issue at hand is you think it's okay to both play, and post, about WoW in 2017. Rethink your life and kill yourself.
>>
>>389009228

Eh, been playing on/off since Vanilla. I've always been into MMOs and have tried plenty. Some were fun but none had a lasting appeal like WoW. I think Legion turned out pretty good compared to the shitfest that was WoD, and I quit for over a year during that time.
>>
casual or not, it's absolute shit
>>
>>389010074
Seriously consider killing yourself.
>>
The first half of mythic is artificial difficulty, from just trying to find 19 people who aren't tunnelling retards.

Then you get an OK tuned boss

Then it's bullshit all the way down from there.
>>
You don't know what casual mean, right?
You can lose without any punishments from game infinitely (losing 500gold on repair is nothing)
In non-casual MMO you being punished if you failed
>>
File: r0_0_1555_2066_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg (28KB, 510x678px) Image search: [Google]
r0_0_1555_2066_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg
28KB, 510x678px
RET MAINS COMING THROUGH
>>
>>389010883
RETARDIN BEST FRIEND OF HUNTARD
>>
>>389009228
>>>/vg/thread/187973703
>>
>>389010589
Broken record
>>
>>389010074
>>389009135
The issue really isn't the game anymore, it is the amount of time one can reasonably expect any game to hold value.

Wow is old, crazy old, regardless of the difficulty of new content it is still the same game.

You need to move on, there is nothing more to be gained, you wont feel like you missed out if you quit now instead of five years ago, as opposed to how someone would definitely feel like they missed out if they quit during Vanilla.

It's exhausted, find something new and stop wasting your life on the same experience
>>
>>389011250
People finally abandoning WoW is also the only way Blizzard is ever going to release a new MMO, instead of re-releasing the same tired game every 2 years. Supporting WoW in 2017 is supporting the laziest kind of game development, where re-hashing bosses from BC is considered acceptable
>>
>>389010589

It's OK man, you got friends here
>>
>>389011250

WoW is like my video game comfort food, and I still do actually enjoy it. I'm not dumping in 12 hour days anymore, I usually go hardcore for a few weeks, tone it down, and then stop entirely for a couple months, rinse and repeat. I still play plenty of other games, but I enjoy coming back to WoW, doing some catch-up and relaxing. Out of many of the games I've played this is the one that can take my mind off other things and just let me zone out once in a while.
>>
>>389011462
>People finally abandoning WoW is also the only way Blizzard is ever going to release a new MMO, instead of re-releasing the same tired game every 2 years. Supporting WoW in 2017 is supporting the laziest kind of game development, where re-hashing bosses from BC is considered acceptable

They are never ever going to release a new MMO.
>>
>Warcraft
>no casual
>Defining difficulty is not standing in shit while the game and other players scream at you to not stand in shit
>repeat until you fucking quit because raids are not an actual challenge and never were
>grinding is not a challenge
>>
But I shouldn't have to item view some pleb to know if he's legit or not. I legitimately hate transmogs even if I always wanted to rock full Judgement or Wrath and not get blown up in later Xpacs. I hate that the only dick I know who still plays this is some abysmal shit tier tank who struggled to do fucking Kara. Who got their GM to get me into their guild where I placed 5th on DPS in PvP blues in fucking TK. I hate that now he gets to pretend he's any good at all in a type of game that used to be based on rewarding skill instead of time played.

I haven't played WoW in over 7 years. Wrath was the beginning of the end for my time with the game. BC pulled me back in after I dropped out of Vanilla due to time constraints. But I will never pretend that letting everyone get to see everything is a proper way to handle something so heavily based on acting like an actual world.
>>
>>389009135
>obscene amounts of RNG grind mean a game isn't casual
may as well play cookie clicker
>>
>>389011886
It's their most profitable game and one of the most profitable games of all time. There's an audience of >14 million ex-WoW players who would buy a WoW2 with modern graphics without a thought. Blizzard would be insane not to have at least considered it.
>>
>>389009135

Any MMO raid that needs above 10 people is artificial difficulty. There's no real reason to need that many people and it just adds scheduling difficulty. Raids rarely design around 20 people and if they do, it's in pointless ways like giving tanks adds to hold onto or just ramping up the consistent damage to account for the extra healers, while DPS are still doing the same amount of mechanics as they would be doing even if they cut down the raid by half. The only reason WoW's raids take longer than other MMOs is because it loves to waste your time in that regard. With RNG and the fact that mythic no longer gives out the best gear, there's zero incentive for people to bang their heads on mythic and most groups are struggling to find enough good players to fill out the roster because there's zero incentive to get good and zero reward for getting good. If groups are 20/20 on mythic, oftentimes a quarter of the group is dogshit anyways.

Raids should always be 5-10 man. Nothing more.
>>
>>389012772

I don't really disagree with your points, but what do you mean Mythic doesn't give out the best gear? It's like 20ilvls higher than heroic. You can get lucky with RNG, but a successful Mythic raider will always be better geared than someone who hasn't progressed passed heroic.
>>
>>389012772
>Most of the player base plays 10-man because it's so much more convenient
>Blizzard gets upset because 10-man is not nearly as EPIC CINEMATIC
>They keep trying to incentivise 25-man with extra loot and item levels
>Eventually they just straight up kill 10-man to "open up design space"
>Tens of thousands of guilds die
>Now every boss has a soaking mechanic
The WoW team seriously needs to get nuked and start fresh.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.