[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i am looking for simple, mindless games i can play while i listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: WHXO.jpg (91KB, 650x758px) Image search: [Google]
WHXO.jpg
91KB, 650x758px
i am looking for simple, mindless games i can play while i listen to podcasts
preferably with only a mouse
any recommendations?
>>
cookie clicker
>>
Runescape
>>
>>389008836
Age of Empires II: KANGZ edition
>>
>listening to something while playing
abominable
play some ys. ys origin, ark or 7 are very good games to make you happy(unless you start on hard)
>>
>>389009878
>playing Falcom games while listening to podcasts

Sounds fucking awful you'd miss the God-tier soundtracks
>>
>>389009878
Not OP, but I tried Ys Origins a few days ago and it was just mindless attack spamming, I guess that's what OP is asking for but god damn it was boring.
>>
>>389008836
Any Diablo like should do. I'm in love with Grim Dawn atm you should try it.
>>
>>389010281
That's why I said it's abominable to listen to anything while playing you fucking stupid autist
You shouldn't listen to anything other than the game soundtrack
>>389010424
>it was just mindless attack spamming
That's 100% false. Actually this is a /v/ meme. In japanese RPGs you have two options: Ys combat or Persona (Dragon Quest/FF).
Both are somehow repetitive but Ys games are never repetitive specially if you read the dialog and follow the story
>>
>>389009107
this, but I was the other way around because listening to shit makes the grind bearable.
>>
File: 1499848196585.jpg (55KB, 1207x899px) Image search: [Google]
1499848196585.jpg
55KB, 1207x899px
>>389010730
What if the game doesn't have a very good soundtrack, or if you're just playing a game while listening to a podcast and not actually trying to get immersed in the game world?
>>
Minecraft and Terraria are good choices but will require a keyboard.

RuneScape (07) is good too, though I wouldn't recommend some of the more complicated quests, or any quests at all really since the dialogue is actually worth reading usually.

I used to listen to stuff while grinding shit in WoW too but I stopped playing that about a month into Legion
>>
>>389008836
Rogue-lites and RTS are great for playing while listening to other things
>>
how fun is stardew valley? I'm thinking of getting it

can i play it with a touchpad on a laptop or will that suck
>>
>>389011045
>What if the game doesn't have a very good soundtrack
Then put music but never listen to someone talking
>>
>>389008836
>listening to podcasts

How much of an insipid brainless idiot must one be
>>
>>389013131
i watch/listen to the joe rogan experience. its a great show, but it feels weird to just sit and watch a discussion on my one monitor and do nothing with my other screen.
no need to be mean.
>>
>>389008836
league of legends
>>
>>389008836
starcraft 2
>>
>>389013131
I listen to podcasts while programming and trading stocks

What do you do, sasquatch?
>>
File: llll.jpg (40KB, 471x388px) Image search: [Google]
llll.jpg
40KB, 471x388px
>>389008836
>only a mouse

That sounds like shit. After my first playthrough of any Dark Souls game I'll start playing with new character builds whilst listening to podcasts. I currently have 550 hours in DaS3 and easily 450+ of those hours were spent while listening to podcasts.
>>
Not simple/mindless, but turn based games like Civ and Heroes of Might and Magic could work.
>>
I do this with most Paradox and Firaxis games.
>>
File: Screenshot_1.png (47KB, 302x106px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
47KB, 302x106px
>>389016191
>Civ
this is exactly the type of game i am talking about
civ was my go to game but i have grown pretty tiered of it
i put about 50 hours in civ vi but don't really like it as much
'mindless' probably wasn't the right word to use
i am more looking for games that don't require frequent attention, i guess
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.