[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /v/, just got this game yesterday. What the FUCK? Why is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

File: Kid-Icarus-Uprising_N3DS_US_ESRB.jpg (556KB, 1000x890px) Image search: [Google]
Kid-Icarus-Uprising_N3DS_US_ESRB.jpg
556KB, 1000x890px
Hey /v/, just got this game yesterday. What the FUCK? Why is this early release game better than the rest of the 3ds library? And what's your preferred loadout?
>>
File: gameshark.png (14KB, 312x234px) Image search: [Google]
gameshark.png
14KB, 312x234px
Was Gameshark right?
>>
bump for video game thread
>>
Man fuck you guys I just wanted some tips
>>
>>389008523
I remember getting really salty when people used the invisibility skill and destroying my ass in online a few years ago when I got this game day one.
>>
I played this for almost a month straight (basically, until Xenoblade Chronicles came out in NA) since I was sick and stuck at home for a good 6-7 weeks.

It made the whole situation about 10x better.
>>
Best game on the platform, and will go down as one of the best games of the decade.
>>
Sakurai
>>
>>389010359
It's too underrated for that. Tons of 3ds games steal this one's shine.
>>
I wish I wouldn't have sold this. It was a super fun game but the controls were awful.
>>
>>389008523
Easily the best game on the 3DS.
I think it's the last great videogame that is purely made for the sake of fun, that's is not ruined by DLC bullshit, have no agenda or pandering and it's made completely around the system it was made for. It's a true classic.

Too bad it got buried down the criticism of idiots who couldn't bother setting up a proper sensitivity for the touch controls and tagged it as flawed.
>>
>>389008523
Best game on the 3ds by far, have over 300 hours clocked in. Honestly, O always felt like the easiest weapons to play were the blades and bows. Also, learn to dodge on foot, it's very important
>>
>>389008523
Honestly in my top 5 games of all time. I pray that it gets a sequel on the switch, though I understand it'd have different controls.
>>
i bought it and i seriously regret it. the game was a serious pos and i don't understand how y'all can love it so much
>>
>>389008791

Pretty much, yeah.
>>
>>389010447
I guess when I say that I don't mean that magazines or outlets will actually say it, I just mean that it's true.
>>
This is what I used for finishing the game.
I had to change them when I started trying to clear out 9.0 levels. I made it to (if not past) the Medusa chapter until it became too hard and lost interest.
>>
File: 168_Fairy_Orbitars.jpg (535KB, 1196x1956px) Image search: [Google]
168_Fairy_Orbitars.jpg
535KB, 1196x1956px
>>389010942
Shit, forgot the pic.
>>
>>389008523
The 3DS library is shit, that's why. It started pretty strong, but most of the games suck and the high praise comes from Nintendo autists that still worship Kirby games.
>>
>Pirate it
>Play for a few hours
>Delete it
>>
>>389008523
I played it again recently, and a Ball Cannon with a Ranged stat of 4 and a Half stars carried me through.
>>
File: Von_Karma_Breakdown_3.gif (7KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Von_Karma_Breakdown_3.gif
7KB, 256x192px
>one of the best games of the generation
>gets so overlooked because scrubs can't handle the controls
The controls aren't bad. They 100 percent work for the game. I honestly have no idea how people are holding their 3DS to where it gives them cramps while playing this, let alone be stubborn enough to try different grips if they're having so much problems with it.
>>
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/01/03/super-smash-bros-designer-masahiro-sakurai-looks-to-classic-mecha-anime-vifam-for-next-project/#4724e31c4915

Could it be a sequel for switch?
>>
>>389008523

Was legitimately the only 3DS game ever released that was good. Everything else was fucking garbage. It isn't even close. It needed a sequel and regular updates.
>>
>>389012178
>They 100 percent work for the game.
Touch screen camera controls are trash and completely ruin the ground sections. The air sections are just a shitty Space Harrier clone.
>>
>>389012689
No they do not. The touch screen allows for extremely accurate and fast camera movement, which is necessary with all the enemies on screen attacking from all angles. Having that ability to spin the camera any degree with a flick is crucial. Dual sticks simply would not work, even if the o3DS had them.
Why can't you just adapt to them?
>>
>>389010447
Like what?
Honestly, best 3DS games aren't really that liked by the magazines.
>>
>>389010035
I used to play invisibility with stealth claws on LvD, I'd massacre the other team without anyone noticing
>>
>>389012920
People are stupid.
>>
End-All Arm with back dash charge shot and shot homing modifiers. Also Viridi Claws with run speed and in-peril attack bonus.
>>
>>389013825
Also as far as I'm concerned, it's the ONLY game on the 3DS.
>>
What kind of game is this nerds? Is it a rail shooter like I thought I read one time? I just got done with a ton of the Ace Combat 2 remake on 3DS is this worth downloading?
>>
>>389014152
Half rail shooter, half running round on-the-ground third person shooter. Has a lot of extra shit to keep you coming back.
>>
Sequal never ever
it hurts
>>
I remember Kamiya showing up in the fake credits
Was he involved somehow? Maybe it was a nod when he does that too?
>>
>>389014339
Only 20 years to go man, it'll happen ;_;
>>
>>389014246
I like genre mashups like that, I'm sold
>>
>>389014448
Its a different Kamiya, you can see him on the full credits as Tomohiro Kamiya
>>
File: 1445989836981.gif (3MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1445989836981.gif
3MB, 200x200px
>one of the greatest games I've ever played
>the amount of care and extra features in it. Even small things like the Viridi menu
>all the content
>extreme amount of depth in weapons and abilities
>fantastic story
>multiplayer
>every section before chapter 9 is not in promotion material, hiding a solid 2/3rds of the game
>gets no attention or recognition. I have not once seen this game represented in a positive light outside of /v/
>maker is scapegoated for smash failures
We do not deserve this game and we do not deserve Sakurai. Clearly.
>>
I really love that game, it honestly shocks me how well the voice acting is compared to something like Breath of the Wild.
>>
>>389014626
Oh
Damn
>>
>>389012920
>The touch screen allows for extremely accurate and fast camera movement
It absolutely does not. It's either too slow to move around, forcing you to move the stylus across the tiny-ass screen multiple times, or it's too sensitive, forcing you to move the stylus across the tiny-ass screen in the opposite direction to correct.

Analog stick camera controls are more precise than touch screen controls. They're also far less cumbersome.
>>
>>389014339
Maybe? >>389012308
>>
File: cry.jpg (10KB, 193x221px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
10KB, 193x221px
Man, I love this game, it has insane replayability, after 2 or 3 levels you get used to the controls, but god dammit I love every single part of this game.

Dark pit staff was my main weapon of choice, mainly to kill most bosses from afar.
>>389013507
I loved using invisibility + Super speed + Upperdash arm w/ 5/6 melee stars, it was a freaking blast,
>>389014643
>>389014339
we crearly dont deserve samurai :(
>>
>>389012689
I've been meaning to give this game a try...
>TOUCH SCREEN CAMERA CONTROLS

What the fuck. And this is "one of the best games in the decade"? I'll pass.
Nope.
>>
>>389014643
>I have not once seen this game represented in a positive light outside of /v/
This is false, plenty of people like it and a great number of them talk about it mostly positively like on /v/, it also has sold more than a million units so that unknown it isn't.
I agree that it deserves more but it has enough for people to know about its quality.
>>
>>389014925
Bet you complain about gyro controls in BoTW and Splatoon.
>>
>>389014925
>Im not going to try the Witcher because its long as hell
>Im not going to play Pokemon because of type specific weaknesses
>Im not going to play TF2 because it has cosmetics (at a time when the community wasnt entirely dogshit)
This is you ^
You are a faggot.
>>
Post your favorite themes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYpjsdK3EAM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COgGsetFrCM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kPwTTQb6D8&list=RDCOgGsetFrCM&index=3
>>
Remember when /v/ shat on this game hard because that fat fuck did the first review?
>>
File: Kid Icarus Uprising Composers.png (4KB, 219x103px) Image search: [Google]
Kid Icarus Uprising Composers.png
4KB, 219x103px
Having a lot of connections in the industry sure has its perks.
>>
>>389011578
>It started pretty strong
N64 ports and 3D shovelware is strong? 3DS was only getting good games from 2012 ro 2014. I agree that everything since then has been glorified ROM hacks, spin offs, and weebshit. KIU is great because it was specially designed from day 1 to really take advantage of the 3DS.
>>
>>389015126
I do not, I actually enjoy gyro controls a lot in Splatoon, and I am wondering why this isn't an industry standard yet for FPS/TPS games, because this is the closest controllers will ever get to KB/M precision.
>>389015143
No this isn't me and I have no idea what the hell are you on about, retard.
>>
>>389015334
>weebshit
Why is /v/ so obsessed with looking cool and mature?
>>
File: IMG_5985.png (224KB, 447x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5985.png
224KB, 447x489px
>>389014918
>Pisces Heal + Trade-off
>Brawler Claws with Lightweight and Super Speed
>>
>>389014906
Clearly you haven't played the game or you played it wrong, a quick flick sends the camera spinning quickly and a tap stops it, meaning you can easily and quickly turn around a bunch without having to do multiple swipes
A quick flick will get you looking right behind you, if not far past that
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uxnc2eoPjSs
great song
https://youtu.be/PQ_PIam_Xvo?t=2m43s
>this fighter from hyrule is quite impressive indeed

>>389015251
Dark Pit > Dark pit's Theme <3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG77HTdreh0
>>
As someone who plays shooters on PC, the Touch Screen Controls actually felt pretty intuitive.
>>
>>389015302
Only good composers I'm seeing there are Koshiro and Mitsuda.
>>
>>389015349
Its a gimmick for a game that may or may not work for some people. Though the only people it doesnt work for are complete retards. If you cant even be bothered to give it a chance just because you're too fucking stupid to understand basic mechanics, then maybe this isnt even the right board for you?
>>
>>389008523
>still haven't beaten this game

The controls are just so uncomfortable, I do like the game though.
>>
>>389014906

Anon, you're playing it wrong. You're supposed to flick the stylus to swing the reticle over to your target, and you simply hold down the stylus again to stop it on a dime. It gets really fun when you learn how to quickly flip between targets and evade things while doing it. It's just more satisfying than if it autolocked yo targets imho.
>>
>>389015546
Stop being a frail white guy.
>>
POST THOSE WEAPONS
CAPRICORN CLUB REPORTING IN
>>
>>389015609
The melanin injections aren't going so well. Think cow spots but uglier.
>>
>>389015495
That's because you're a pleb
>>
>>389015349
Its the same argument for KI:U basically, touch screen controls are the closest to KB/M it could get on the 3DS and the game wouldn't work without it
>>
>>389015434
I'm not into boring turn-based JRPGs that innovate nothing.
>>
>>389008523
Only 3DS game I've played, but damn its fucking amazing.
>>
>>389015748
Well don't call it weebshit.
>>
>>389015915
>we
>>
>>389015467
That's because they are, my man.
Honestly if anyone told me that their hands hurt after playing for like 4 hours, i'd agree, but that the controls are bad clunky or inaccurate, no.
>>
>>389015915
That's what it is. Shit for weebs.
>>389016095
t. mental defect
>>
>>389016095
>wuz
>>
>>389016131
Pretty much this, its an ergonomics issue no doubt, but the actual controls are fantastic
>>
I have no idea where I put my copy of this game
I didn't even finish it
>>
File: git gud.png (227KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
git gud.png
227KB, 534x486px
>>389008523
>got it digital free from the end of Club Nintendo
>played to the end of the campaign, loved it
>barely played it for 2 hours afterwards
I wish I could git gud but I enjoy the land segments way more than the air ones.
>>
>>389008791
Nah.
>>
File: 1504304361850.gif (456KB, 600x573px) Image search: [Google]
1504304361850.gif
456KB, 600x573px
>tfw 2013 was so long ago
>Will never get to go back to comfy swapnote days
>Even miiverse is not shutting down
>Next will be online for wii u/3ds
>>
>>389008523
I don't understand the hate the controls for this game got. It was perfectly fine for me, not amazing, but servicable, and certainly not painful.
>>
File: AQMApVA.png (780KB, 1104x668px) Image search: [Google]
AQMApVA.png
780KB, 1104x668px
Real lack of Best girl in this thread.
>>
>>389017801
I was expecting mimicutie
>>
>>389017535
I like to live in denial and think that miiverse is shutting down because of the end of the Wii U's major support rather than because of the 3DS's functionality and experience a shell version of swapnote with swapdoodle.
Realistically though I doubt they'll shut down online services anytime soon, the Wii/DS one was shut off due to the Gamespy debacle and even the stupid Wii shop channel is still up and running.
>>
I jumped around weapons way too much to remember my favorite, I had this one really fucking pimped out staff though. And some bullshit Petrify claws for multiplayer. Drill Arm was fun too.
>>
>>389008523
gonna be a cult classic, god hand tier
>>
Man I need to replay this game
>>
File: Kid Icarus Uprising 1.jpg (280KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Kid Icarus Uprising 1.jpg
280KB, 1920x1280px
Still the best game on the 3DS without a doubt. It never got old and there was so much to do and experiment with so many weapons. Not to mention the OST was top tier as well, chapter 4's flight music, the boss battles, the depressing dog chapter, etc. It was (almost) perfect, but iirc the online was surprisingly decent and didn't shit the bed as much as I thought.
>>
>>389008791
>the awful controls
I never understood this meme. Guess I'm not a LITERAL limp-wristed faggot. Oh well.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.