[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting the Evil Within soon. Any tips on starting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4087.jpg (354KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4087.jpg
354KB, 1920x1080px
I'm starting the Evil Within soon.
Any tips on starting that will make the experience the best? Things I should invest in, stuff I shouldn't miss?
>>
No, go play the fucking game.
>>
>>389006031

Really? Nothing like "don't upgrade this gun, you get a better one later" type of stuff like for RE4?
>>
File: 1460866068156.png (509KB, 898x499px) Image search: [Google]
1460866068156.png
509KB, 898x499px
>>389006147

No, not really
>>
>>389006832

Cool, going full shotgun and pistol as always then.
>>
Do NOT invest in punching or whatever it's called in game. Physical combat is useless. Upgrade weapons and health.
>>
>>389005902
upgrade hp and stamina , use stealth , use matches when you can , conserve ammo early , play on hard at least , have fun
>>
>>389005902
Put $5 aside everytime you play the game so that you'll have enough money to buy part 2 when it comes out
>>
>>389005902
Upgrade running (you'll run a lot), critical + damage for whatever weapon you fancy, matches but not to 20 (10 or 15 is best) and health.
Do not upgrade melee, or the bomb bolt radius (the game is filled with hallways so it will end up hurting you).
The game gets very shooting oriented by the end so always stock up on ammo and get a hard hitting weapon at max damage (like the shotgun or rifle).
Also, one final thing, you can potentially bypass a lot of stealth sequences by running to the objective or avoiding the enemy, remember that so you dont waste resources.
>>
Noted. No memes and no bomb radius. Thanks guys

So far I'm digging this game already.
>>
>>389008012

*melee
Fuck
>>
don't try to figure out the storyline. it's irrelevant anyways.
>>
>>389008132
The story was actually pretty nice. Nothing too fancy or complex but it was still cool.

>>389008012
Play it on hard since you probably wont replay it too soon. The other difficulties are either way too easy or just total bullshit.
>>
The first half is a great survival horror. The second half is a mediocre action shooter
>>
>Stupid trial and error, instant kill boss fights
>Every time you die you have to watch the fucking cutscene of the boss again
>>
>>389005902

dont bother levelling sprint up
>>
>>389006919
Time your matches right and you can burn more then just the body on the ground.
>>
>>389009006
What? Sprint saved my ass many times. It's pretty much this game's only way of dodging.
>>
>>389005902
Only use melee to interrupt an enemies attack to buy yourself time to get some distance between you.
>>
>>389009082

Its still a completely worthless thing to level up.
>>
The first part running from the chainsaw dude was horror kino
>>
>>389009280

Yeah I'm digging this first part a lot. It's like the last of us but a lot more aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>389005902

melee is a trap skill

level up sprint ASAP

save ammo, use traps, torches, axes and shotgun to down a lot of guys at once and then use a match to burn them

invest in ammo capacity, critical and damage

blind shots are your most reliable crowd control, lvl 3 and you can sneak kill groups easily

health upgrades refill your health, save them for a rainy day

by chapter 10 you need to have lvl 5 harpoons or you WILL SUFFER
>>
>>389009540

Do weapon capacity upgrades refill your ammo? This is important
>>
>>389009701
no, but you will feel horrible if you need to leave ammo behind in a game like this
>>
>>389009082
Your movement speed isn't even that fast when running. And controlling stamina is piss easy.
On nightmare I didn't even bother upgrading sprint for over half the game and only upgraded it near the end because there was bugger all worth upgrading and green gel lying around
>>
>>389009795

Cool. Thanks, that's the kind of answer I want.
>>
>>389005902
this game is so shit. I honestly don't know how people like it.
>>
i forgot once you have the magnum, upgrade dmg to max and always save one full clip for ''that'' part on chapter 14
>>
>>389005902
Get the FOV mod so you don't get sick from the narrow FOV.
>>
>>389009889
its a great game, too bad they casualized the sequel for people like you
>>
>>389010070
it's a shit game. i own it, played it at launch. It plays and feels like a very (VERY) bad resident evil 4
>>
>>389005902
why dont you just play for yourself and find out?
>>
File: 1503864504726.jpg (64KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1503864504726.jpg
64KB, 800x450px
>sequel still has forced stealth sections
>>
>>389010128
but RE4 isn't even that good to begin with
>>
>>389010867

Even worse than in the first one because of the large stretches of nothing ('open world").
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>389005902
OP, I've played TEW to death. 100%'d it even. Not bragging, just informing you I know my way around it.

If there are any tips you take away from this thread, be sure these are among them:
>upgrade sprint
>upgrade your base revolver in crit and dmg
>upgrade ammo on matches, pistol, and agony bolts
>once you acquire the magnum in the late game DO NOT use it on mooks, save it for the bosses later on
>upgrade the dmg and crit on said magnum
>disarm all the traps you find for scrap
>setting a corpse on fire with enemies next to it is a great way to get easy kills and conserve ammo
And here is a tip that will allow you to absolutely cheese your way through the whole game
Upgrade flash bolts

Heed my words and you will prosper.
>>
>>389012398
seriously fuck those faggots in your pic
>>
>>389012398

Thanks, I will keep all of those in mind.
Last question, why burn random bodies? Does it do anything? Will it be explained later? I'm still on chapter 2. Made sure to upgrade amount of matches I can carry.
>>
>>389012691
*angry static screaming intensifies*
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 533x800px
>>389012842
Only burn bodies on the ground if:
1) You can kill other enemies in doing so
2) The enemy on ground isn't actually dead yet

So to answer your question, don't burn random dead bodies. Matches are just another way for you to save ammo in the long run.
>>
>>389005902
>Any tips on starting that will make the experience the best?
Play the DLC FIRST -- it's the most survival-horror-y aspect of the package.
>>
This game is actually good?
I don't know why, but I wrote it off as a meme game and never looked into it.
>>
>>389014080

I had always confused it with Dyling light even though they are completely different games. The box art always confuses me.
>>
>>389015987
Shit, I think I might have done the same.
>>
>>389005902
Don't upgrade melee damage ever, it'll always be shit.
Shock bolts are godlike because 1 match will light up every enemy caught in it even when they're a bit spread out.
Flash bolts are ridiculously powerful considering how cheap they are., fully upgraded they stun for like 16 seconds.
>>
>>389005902
Melee is shit without weapons. Don't bother upgrading it.
Learn to chuck bottles at people's heads and then "stealth" kill them when stunned.
>>
Freeze bolts disarm bombs, but this is mostly useful for AKUMU.
>>
>>389010070
>story is broken man saves his daughter

pls stop.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.