[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you could only choose to play through one of these two source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: halflife2_front_boxshot.jpg (113KB, 648x461px) Image search: [Google]
halflife2_front_boxshot.jpg
113KB, 648x461px
If you could only choose to play through one of these two source games and never play the other one, which one would you choose?
>>
>>389004585
HL2. Because I haven't played the other one and HL2 is amazing.
>>
I haven't even played VTMB and I'd still choose it
>>
>>389004585
probably bloodlines
hl2 is basically a gravity gun demo
>>
vtmb if standalone game
hl2 if mods are allowed
>>
>>389004585
Half-Life 2 was one huge tech demo
>>
VTMB by virtue of being almost as good but having far more replay value.
>>
File: EyeDivine.jpg (23KB, 292x136px) Image search: [Google]
EyeDivine.jpg
23KB, 292x136px
>>
>>389005281
So if it was only for one playthrough you'd choose hl2?

>>389004697
lol
>>
Bloodlines easily.
>>
>>389004785
VtMB is unplayable, literally, without mods.
>>
>>389005379
>So if it was only for one playthrough you'd choose hl2?
Yes.
>>
Vampire. Because I already played the other one.
>>
VTMB because it's actually a good game, unlike HL2.
>>
HL2, but just because I've never played that other game before so I don't know how I would like it.
>>
>>389004585
Half Life 2. Only brainless /v/ contrarians would answer differently.
>>
>>389005282

this
>>
>>389004585
VTMB looks pretty interesting so I'll go with that one. I played the first Half Life but dropped it halfway through, have no interest in the sequel.
>>
>>389005282
>'le option c XD"

kill yourself
>>
>>389004690
ditto
>>
File: 719ZSWGKKKL.gif (176KB, 334x475px) Image search: [Google]
719ZSWGKKKL.gif
176KB, 334x475px
>>389004585

Bloodlines no question.

HL2 while having a decent sci-fi plot for modern day entertainment still is pretty fanfic tier storyline with as many plot holes,debates,and unanswered questions as Inception.

HL2 was more about game play and showing off the Source engine than anything else.

Post your favorite vampire clan.
>>
>>389004690
neo-/v/
>>
>>389007512
Baali just because of their embrace ritual and overlap with every other gameline
>>
I've beat HL2 like 10 times. I can't even get past the beginning of this vampire shitter
>>
VTMB
>>
>>389004585
Half Life 2 because twintails are a fucking shit hairdo.
>>
>>389009737
wrong and i'll fight you
>>
>>389004585
Bloodlines, especially if we can mod it.
>>
HL2 is just a source engine tech demo. I'll take Bloodlines and play the superior Half-Life 1 like any man of taste would.
>>
>>389010018
this. fuck valve.
>>
>>389007512
Lasombra because their powers seem amazingly terrifying, still not really sold about the Sabbat
>>
>>389009910
Meet me in Texas once the sword ban lifts.
>>
>>389010305
if i'm going to die in a sword fight then i'll have to import a kimono so that i might die the way that i lived
>>
>>389010425
make sure you buy actual glorious nippon steel folded 1000 times and not some tourist trinket
>>
>all this shitting on hl
>literally nothing on why vtmb is better
Hmmm
>>
>>389004585
I unironically didn't enjoy HL2 or 1.
>>
>>389004585
Vampire. HL2 was just a Source engine tech demo
>>
>>389010572
I was in high school when they came out going to LAN parties every weekend. HL2 was fun for a run through, but only because the source engine was brand new so it was neat seeing all the gravity physics. It doesn't have much staying power though because single player FPS are dull, and the MP was fun for the first few times just because it's fun chucking chucking sinks across the map. VtMB was a buggy mess, but it was great experience because it was completely new kind of experience. It was like Morrowind with guns and super powers, except the combat didn't suck and the NPCs didn't look like ass. Vampire also has more nostalgia for me because I also used to play the P&P games and HL is just a meh franchise to me because I prefer other FPS
>>
VTMB has the far greater replayability, and in many ways is the better game, I'd only pick VTMB if I could get an official patch that fixes it's bugs to make it more akin to play HL2 on current hardware, and adds an official up to date SDK.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.