[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a TES game. Should I play Morrowind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: 1504308080421.png (972KB, 870x960px) Image search: [Google]
1504308080421.png
972KB, 870x960px
I've never played a TES game. Should I play Morrowind or Skyrim first?
>>
File: Argonian Stealth Archer.jpg (770KB, 1499x937px) Image search: [Google]
Argonian Stealth Archer.jpg
770KB, 1499x937px
>>389000674

So Argonians are not only the best stealth archers, but the only race who aren't full of shit?
>>
>>389000878
Argonians are very earnest, because they're mudhut transgender scalekin who worship trees, and none of that was hyperbole
>>
Morrowind is a better game overall. More interesting world, more character building, better exploration without specific quest markers everywhere, an actually decent story, and overall it's just more of an actual RPG. The problem with Morrowind is that the first few hours kinda suck. The game feels super slow and you constantly miss unless you know the game's systems/properly make your character, and there are tons of beginner traps like the one enemy that saps your strength or that fucking Dwemer Puzzle Box. It's a much better game overall, one of the best in the series, but it takes time and patience to get to what's good about it.

Skyrim is the opposite. It's barely an RPG at times, with incredibly dumbed down mechanics, straight forward quests, limited character building, a idiotic story, and samey exploration. But, it's really friendly to new comers and you can go do what is "fun" almost immediately. It's a nice looking game with great atmosphere at times. The music is also undeniably great. But it doesn't have much in the way of what you'd play an RPG for.

So yeah, depends on what you want. I would recommend Morrowind, but I know a lot of people who will try it and just stop a few hours in because of how rough the start can be. If playing Skyrim first gets you to try the other games, that's great. Morrowind is better, but do what works for you.
>>
>>389000674
Skyrim to ease yourself into the system then like oblivion or morrowind depending on how restrictive you want the RPG elements to be. Morrowind has the undisputed best setting of the series but a lot of people can't get through the dated combat system. Oblivion is kind of a happy medium but the character models are fuck-ugly and the setting and story blow except for the Shivering Isles expansion.
>>
>>389000674
My first TES game was Oblivion. Morrowind is by far the best in terms of setting, lore, and RPG elements, but lacks in the game mechanics department without some modding. Start with Morrowind.
>>
>Do thieves guild questline
>Barely do any thieving
>Barely any stealth at all
>Have to sell your soul just for some shitty armor that you """need""" in order to stand a chance against the final boss of the questline
>questline has a bossfight
What drugs were they on when they thought any of that was a good idea?
>>
>>389000674
start with skyrim if you can stomach it I guess. If you like RPG's in the older western sense though you probably will hate it.
morrowind or oblivion if you really want to get your feet wet.
>>
>>389000878
More into wood than wood elves.
>>
File: IMG_2446.jpg (17KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2446.jpg
17KB, 222x227px
>>389000674
You should play Skyrim. While you're at it, you should get this really cool thing called Creation Club. It's this thing where you can play mods while giving me your money.
>>
I like oblivion the most, I think that would be best experience between the two imo.

Just get a few mods to disable the level scaling and your good.
>>
Purely on a gameplay front why would you bother playing bosmer or khajiit? Their powers and passive boosts are shit. Skill bonuses mean generally nothing outside of an insignificant margin of superiority for the first hour of gameplay, especially seeing as the first perk of any tree is available regardless of skill level anyway.
>>
Is speech worth investing in?
>>
>>389003750
It's not 'worth' investing in, it's more a quality of life perk investment by making it less of a headache traveling around to multiple cities just to sell the shit you got from a single dungeon run.
>>
>>389000878
they have no will of their own, they are mind controlled by trees

FUCKING
TREES
>>
>>389000878
OP's pic is about Elven-relevant races, Argonians are just lizards (and other creatures) given hivemind-sentience via living swamp trees.
>>
>>389000878
Why were male argonians so fuckable in Skyrim and females so ugly? Seriously the females look like outright emaciated husks.
>>
File: 1503357684973.jpg (837KB, 1000x3507px) Image search: [Google]
1503357684973.jpg
837KB, 1000x3507px
>>389000674
What exactly did Trinimac look like?
>>
>>389001237
If there's any pluses I can give to Oblivion's aesthetic, it's the liveliness between color-schemes and busier/populated towns.

Morrowind has the biggest and most-unique cities though.
>>
>>389004891
he is an Ada, they don't look like anything
They can change form
that being said he probably liked to look like a giant buff glowing golden elf, just like Auri-El
>>
File: 368938291.png (76KB, 1134x401px) Image search: [Google]
368938291.png
76KB, 1134x401px
>>389002241
>in the end you just kill a man so you can return an artifact to it's rightful owner
>""Thieves"" Guild

compared to Oblivion
>stealing priceless trinkets from fat noblemen
>develop rapport with your fellow thieves because they're involved in your quests in some way, such as saving Amusei by chance when he goes solo after he loses his initiation
>working your way up to working with the Grey Fox himself
>has you steal vital components to commit the ultimate heist, that of an Elder Scroll
>outwitting that bitch Nocturnal by freeing the Grey Fox from his curse
>>
>>389000878
They're better at picking locks and not drowning.
Gotta say it's kind of a relief not having to worry about drowning or carrying a fuck ton of antidotes in oblivion.

That all changes until you find a ring that lets you ignore those, but still.
>>
>>389005237
>argonians can waterbreathe
>no water content in skyrim anyway
>their best quality is histskin making them an immortal tank

It's funny how much Skyrim screws with some of the stereotypical roles. Argonians and Khajiit work best as heavily armoured fighters, and Orcs are the best archers in the game.
>>
File: 1498840182815.jpg (45KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1498840182815.jpg
45KB, 640x480px
>>389005432
And it's weird seeing how much that helps you or fucks you over in oblivion and morrowind.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.