[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you sandbag when you're playing against casuals in casual/party

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0046.jpg (167KB, 1066x772px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
167KB, 1066x772px
Do you sandbag when you're playing against casuals in casual/party games? I have this dilemma every single time I have friends or family over.
>>
>>388992905
I destroy them because going easy on people is dumb
>>
No, you think I'm a bitch?
>>
>>388992905
In Mario Kart it doesn't matter. The entire series is designed to close the skill gap.
>>
>>388993115
Not in OG MK though.
>>
>>388993190
??? OG mk was casual shit
>>
>>388992905
Nope. Though I will play much more experimentally sometimes.
>>
>>388992905
in a casual setting I'll sacrifice positioning to get items to fuck with people
>>
File: image.jpg (191KB, 1600x1172px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
191KB, 1600x1172px
>>388992905
All the time, especially against friends. While it can be fun to dominate, you should aim for creating a fun atmosphere (it's interesting that you actually get to control this). If there's one other person there that can compete, put on a show. Otherwise, sandbag and hold your tongue, even if you get unwarranted smack talk.

Show off a little bit, but don't make it so that they won't want to play against you
>>
>>388992905
Yes.
>>
>>388993561
No blue shell though.
Sorry I'm not up on the fucking MK esports scene.
>>
>>388992905
Yes because I'm not autistic
>>
>>388993963
casuals shits like you ruined video games you fucking nigger i hope your entire species dies
>>
>>388993946
>Fighting game
>friends over
>They start talking shit endlessly
>Dude i thought you were good at this game
>completely dominate them next round
>They shut the fuck up from then on
>continue to come over and play
>>
>People sandbagging so friends can still find enjoyment in game.
>Not being the final boss amongst your friends and watching as they pool all their efforts into stopping you
Must of had shitty friends
>>
>>388992905
this brings up a dilemma for me. my friend loves fighting games, but i always beat the fuck out of him in any game i know how to play. he stands no chance in smash bros, and when we play games i don't know how to play it's only a matter of time until I surpass him. and he gets REALLY upset and angry when he never wins, and won't accept any advice for improvement.

what do i do, /v/. he honestly probably wouldn't notice if i sandbagged but i'd have to always lose or he'd just get upset

should i just sandbag with the knowledge that i could have won?
>>
>>388992905
honestly warrio stadium in MK64 was the best map for sandbagging
>>
>>388994176
Are you seriously acting tough over Mario Kart?
Whatever man, hope you turn pro in the hardcore cart racing scene ;-)
>>
>>388994660
Tell him straight up: you have to practice to get good, it's fun to get better. If you don't want to, we can play something else.
>>
>>388994912
he never wants to play anything but fighting games, which i'm fine with honestly. what's not fine is him raging and acting generally pathetic.
he does practice, they're all he plays when i'm gone. i'm just significantly better at video games in general than he is, especially more simple, slower fighters like smash 4
>>
>>388995235
Is it like, a complete wipe? Can you beat him with any character? I play random/offchar when I'm with friends who are worse than me. I don't really consider that sandbagging since I can still focus on improving.
>>
>>388995379
not that anon but my friends have taken to trying to git gud by playing high tier fighters. i still kick their asses with fighters like ganondorf which they cannot understand
>>
>>388995379
in smash, i can win with almost any character, except for total shits like olimar, etc. injustice 2 has a much bigger learning curve for me, so far i only like supergirl and atrocitus, i don't enjoy fighters other than smash too much so it's hard to find characters that click, since the game is generally harder and more practice based.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.