[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It doesn't need to get made >Bullshit episodic release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 6

File: 250px-FFVIIRemake.png (50KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
250px-FFVIIRemake.png
50KB, 250x139px
It doesn't need to get made

>Bullshit episodic release
>Nothing more than a gloried cash grab
>Over hyped game only fueled nostalgia

>They could be putting time and resources into new games

>There are other FFs that deserve something like this more.
>>
I don't really even get the point of the whole thing.

They're going to completely redo the gameplay and likely cut alot from the story. Who is this game for?
>>
>>388988163
People who's first ff was VII and hold it on a pedestal with rose colored glasses.

Why would you want something like this knowing we won't get the 3rd act until 2020 if even that early and knowing that making it in the same scale as the original with this gens graphics and details is near impossible
>>
>>388988163
>Bullshit episodic release
Yes
>Nothing more than a gloried cash grab
Yes
>Over hyped game only fueled nostalgia
No
>They could be putting time and resources into new games
Yes
Maybe VI and IX?
>>
yes it does. i will enjoy watching it on youtube
>>
What game does need to be made?
>>
>>388988696
lookin forward to RE2 remake. hope they don't fuck it up like they have the ff7 remake
>>
>>388988104
but are there other FFs that would sell as much as VII will?
>>
>>388988104
>>Bullshit episodic release
I'm okay with this because my favourite series is .hack// and both series have had 4 volumes and 3 volumes respectively (now a 4th volume coming with the HD remake).

FF7 desperately needed a remake. It's an incredibly popular game, but changing the battle system was a big mistake.
>>
>>388988104
yeah it does, milk those fanboys good
>>
File: b06m1i51beklgkpf4upj.jpg (2MB, 2000x1231px) Image search: [Google]
b06m1i51beklgkpf4upj.jpg
2MB, 2000x1231px
>>388988884
>VI
>VIII

Both respect cult favorites
>>
>All those minigames
>All those side quests
>All those materia combinations
>Those plot points like the honeybee manor and crossdressing as cloud

This remake is going to be terrible.
>>
>>388989129
Of course it is but people will buy it becuase it's fanservice
>>
It's ok OP, we won't see it until long after we are all dead anyways.
>>
I wanna see what the Weapons will look like in the remake.
>>
>>388990826
How will you feel when the weapons will be a number changing only thing and nobody's weapons visually change?
>>
>>388990948
I was talking about Ruby and Emerald. I could care less about the actual weapons the characters use.
>>
>>388990948
How do you even come to think this?
>>
>>388991134
Disappointment compounds. I no longer expect big companies to do anything right.
>>
File: ff7.jpg (31KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
ff7.jpg
31KB, 640x451px
FF7 just needs a visual update and a better translation. Its kind of embarrassing how people regard this to be one of the better games ever made and the characters sport some mean block hands and face.

A re imagining of the game is interesting however no one asked for it. There is no way game design in 2017 will be able to adapt stuff like >>388989129 and if it did it would be butchered or behind a paywall.
>>
>>388988526
>People who's first ff was VII and hold it on a pedestal with rose colored glasses.

But VII was the first FF, I do put it on a pedestal.

I would be more or less ok with a remake that preserved the game exactly, just updated the graphics
>>
>>388991570
FF7's translation was ass, at the very least they should fix that shit. The gameplay is also like the easiest in the series to the detriment of the game.
>>
>>388991570
That moment squenix realises the $12 original game on steam +FREE easily find able HD mod is more popular than their $40 episodic garbage fire
>>
>>388990948
Are you legit retarded? Even shitty FFXV had weapon appearance changes, as did every single Kingdom Hearts game.
>>
Recently played through FFVII
It's really not that great of a game. Not cause it's old but it's just so boring after Midgar. It really doesn't pick up at all.
>>
I can't wait for the inevitable Chocobo Racing and KoTR DLC bundle.
>>
>>388993645
Pre order now and get the ultimate weapon dlc free!
>>
File: 1429738500345.jpg (617KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1429738500345.jpg
617KB, 1280x960px
>>388988104
>It doesn't need to get made
i agree.

>>Bullshit episodic release
I know right. It's really fucking scummy of SE, imo

>>Nothing more than a gloried cash grab
yep. I always believed that SE would only remake this if they were financially at risk. It definitely just feels like a cash grab, and pulling the trigger too early.

>>Over hyped game only fueled nostalgia
it was a great game for it's time, which makes sense with all the hype. Edgy emo cloud from the movie and Kingdom Hearts only fueled the hype and brought in a lot of normies into the FFVII hype train. can't say it's a bad thing though

>>They could be putting time and resources into new games
very true. SE are pretty much the polar opposite of most devs/publishers now. FFXV took ages to come to fruition and don't even get me started with KH3.

>>There are other FFs that deserve something like this more.
True. I'd rather see a 3d remake of FFVI first.
>>
FFVII Midgar part was god tier

Reactor bombing, discovering the slums, honeybee, shinra tower and the bike escape were so good.

Worldmap was a mistake, it felt way too disconected after this part because of it.
>>
>>388995594
Nah.
>>
>>388995594
you shitposters never get tired of being wrong
>>
File: 1493081133320.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1493081133320.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>388995594
>Worldmap was a mistake
>>
It's not gonna be episodic or on PS4
They are moving it to Next Gen & back to Luminous

But it's still gonna be the same shitty FFXV gameplay, now with cover shooting
>>
File: 1427507016469.png (57KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1427507016469.png
57KB, 256x256px
>>388988526
>People who's first ff was VII and hold it on a pedestal with rose colored glasses.
No, this is for people who didn't play Final Fantasy VII and people that may think turn based combat has no place in modern video games.
>>
>>388996432
kek that's cute
>>
>>388996432
>back to luminous
It was never using luminous
>same gameplay
except not really
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.