[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes Visual Novels with stats, encyclopedias of items, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

File: Absolutely Disgusted.jpg (55KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely Disgusted.jpg
55KB, 1280x720px
>Makes Visual Novels with stats, encyclopedias of items, and a deep universe.
>The only RPG's are subpar handheld games.

Why does it not have a /real/ RPG yet? In fact, it would make an amazing MMO.
>>
>>388983006
MMO and amazing are like the exact opposites of each other.
>>
>>388983006
>t would make an amazing MMO.
How?
>>
It almost got an MMO too. The original concept for Apocrypha was an MMO. It got shitcanned and now we're left with nothing but a shitty LN series and shitty mobage to show for it.
>>
>>388983006

Because nasu was at the time playing a homebrewed pen and paper rpg with a basis around fate and then when writing fate took elements from the campaign
>>
>>388983006
Because it exists to milk money from fatefags who keep eating the shit up.

Think about the "games" its gotten, a shitty RPS rpg, a musou game, a psp fighting game nobody remembers, and a gacha mobage that's easily several times bigger than the rest combined. Also if they wanted to cash in even harder they wouldn't make a MMO, they'd make a battle royale game because that's exactly what the HGW is.
>>
File: Sweet little Akko.jpg (83KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Sweet little Akko.jpg
83KB, 1280x720px
>>388983807
I almost cried at how depressing this is.
>>
>concept trumps all!
>pull out Caliburn and take several lives from God Hand
What did Nasu mean by this?
>>
>>388983807

This. Type Moon could easily fund a AAA game with all the money they have, but why would they when they can earn more cash by releasing another waifu slut in FGO?
>>
Le mushroom man sucks ass at making sequels and fate should have never continued after stay night
>>
>>388983006
Stats in Fateshit are literally meaningless.
>>
File: 1496158835092.png (301KB, 520x678px) Image search: [Google]
1496158835092.png
301KB, 520x678px
>>388983807
>they'd make a battle royale game because that's exactly what the HGW is.
>battleroyale audience + Fatefags

Could this be the cancer that dethrones PUBG?
>>
>>388984351
It means Fate route is a glorified infodump

>Archer taking 6 lives with no Master nearby
>Mana transfer lmao gotta make some quick bucks from horny teens
>Caliburn
>O MY TRACED AVALON
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPmbah0wLs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm3JLUO9Urs

Top or bottom?
>>
>>388984460
They wouldn't need to fund it. They just need to be vocal about wanting a studio to make a Fate rpg. They let them use the license for a nominal fee up front and then take royalties. But Nasu loves his money so all we get is shitty gacha games.
>>
File: 1501193065438.jpg (468KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1501193065438.jpg
468KB, 794x1123px
When will FGO become good?
>>
>>388984762
The only thing that's bullshit you mentioned is the mana transfer. Nothing else is bullshit
>>
>>388983006
It has those stats and RPG elements, but if you think the universe is well crafted you're a total moron.

Its internal rules are established and broken left and right with no regard for anything except anime logic, and this is justified by the author asspulling more "deep lore" that only exists to justify contrived horseshit before getting forgotten entirely.
>>
File: 1482129087311.png (328KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1482129087311.png
328KB, 640x480px
Play Battle Moon Wars you filthy secondary.
>>
Someone linked this the other day and I thought it was neat

http://www.heavens-feel.com/fate_nasuverse_rpg.html
>>
>>388985151
It's absolutely disgusting that nothing has ever come close to it, considering how it has been. Can't the fate fanbase borrow a bit of the touhoufags autism to produce something?
>>
>>388984883
Never. As long as it keeps making a million a day they don't have to put any effort into it.
>>
>>388985238
Got any screenshots? Reading through the webpage makes me think it's something like a text-based game.
>>
>>388985151
But it's so fucking bad.
>>
>>388985043
This.
>>388983006
>deep universe
The nasuverse isn't "deep" in the slightest. It might have been in some alternate timeline where TM's creativity didn't die with FSN. Tsukihime introduced the mages, church, and various occult factions, and some outliers like the demon hunter clans. The world is otherwise just modern earth. Fate only expands on the mages because heroic spirit's lore is literally just ripped wholesale from actual mythologies where the only changes are when Nasu wants to genderbend a male character into some slut, give Saber a futapenis so she can still sire mordred, or re-insert an existing character like Ishtar Rin or Nigger Shirou.
>>
>>388985151
>a giant fist
For what purpose?
>>
How would an MMO even work?
Seems like some type of online Arena-style game would fit better considering the Servants already come with their own special abilities and weapons and shit.
>>
>>388985043
It's essentially Japanese capeshit, which has worked in many vidya. I just don't see how an MMO works out. You play as an established hero? Just make it some brainless moba then.
>>
>>388985643

It's literally a GaoGaiGar reference. Battle Moon Wars was basically just a Super Robot Wars reskin using Type-Moon characters and they kept a lot of the mecha references in. Several enemies are a parody of Getter Robo as well
>>
File: 1499888568573.png (406KB, 560x345px) Image search: [Google]
1499888568573.png
406KB, 560x345px
>>388983807
>still no Unlimited Codes sequel
>>
>>388985485
It's a pen and paper rpg, something like that in the nasuverse sounds like fun with buddies
>>
>>388985667
Something similar to Archlord.

>>388985627
>Tsukihime introduced the mages
Pretty sure KnK was written first.
>>
>>388983006
Fate's concept is awful as a video game RPG mainly because of Noble Phantasms.

For example, Gate of Babylon. For a generic video game RPG battle it would probably just be a skill that spams weapons to deal damage to the enemies.

However, GoB isn't just weapon spamming, it has a fucking airship, it has wine, it has all sorts of items that a writer can come up with to give Gilgamesh.

That aspect can't really be represented well in a video game RPG. What would be a lot more feasible would be a TRPG, as the creative applications of NPs can actually be performed by players.
>>
>>388985238
This is probably the closest will be ever get to a good Fate rpg, considering that Fate/Stay Night already kinda is a DnD campaing
>>
Would a more strategy-based thing work? Something like, where you pick a master, who has strengths and faults, and then pick from another list of servants who equally has pluses and minuses. Then you choose from a list of 'arenas' (Fuyuki, Snowfield, Trifas, etc), and plan out how to take on other masters? Direct confrontation, setting traps, manipulating groups against each other.

I don't know. I might not be articulating myself well, but I feel like something could work here.
>>
>>388986498
The closest is right, because it's not actually good.
>>
>>388986138
Gate of Babylon would just be a powerful multihit attack that applies a bunch of debuffs. Out of combat application can easily be a story thing, like it is in CCC.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.