[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to play STALKER for the first time. Is there anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
I'm about to play STALKER for the first time. Is there anything special I should know about? I remember seeing some guides and whatnot
>>
>>388970321
Play on master and mod it.
>>
It's boring as fuck with shit gunplay that becomes a "here's 300 generic military guys, good luck" generic corridor shooter about half way through.

Go play Metro instead.
>>
>>388970675
Ignore this fella and come to your own conclusion OP. Play on master, patched vanilla runs fine but try some mods if you're not getting into it after two or three hours
>>
>>388970321
uninstall it and play metro, fallout, or escape from memekov.

Someone post a picture of sick homer hugging that nasty sandwhich.
>>
>>388970675
>Go play Metro instead.
lol, other people told me to play Stalker before metro so I thought why not
>>
File: 1503451393992.gif (497KB, 245x182px) Image search: [Google]
1503451393992.gif
497KB, 245x182px
>>388970321
Always keep a shotgun on you to deal with bloodsuckers. An automatic, not the over-and-under that is available quite early. Magazine capacity is key for this task.

Right at the start, you can go roof jumping in the first settlement. One of the buildings in the corner of the settlement has a broken roof, a missing section in one of it's corners. Use a knife to break the box inside this small alcove to find a STALKER suit. It will serve you well.

Buy a couple bottles of Russian Standard.
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>388970321
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
>>388971098
Don't bother with Metro at all. It's a trashy consolized shooter that shoves story in your face and wastes your fucking time.
>>
>>388970321
>Is there anything special I should know about?
This Wish Grander is a lie. Don't fall for it.

Also all endings suck.
>>
>>388971597
>giving away literal secrets
>clearly has only played modded game
why you do this?
>>
File: 1503076629748.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1503076629748.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>388971825
SoC demands modding. Particularly environmental mods, but certain design choices and mechanics are a little clunky. Don't be an elitist cunt.

He also asked for advice on a video game forum before starting to play a game. Clearly he doesn't want to go in blind, so informing him of a small boost at the start is fine.
>>
>can only carry one gun at a time
>have to tediously swap guns from your inventory every couple minutes to make sure your ammo evenly distributes

honestly some aspects are dated and annoying as fuck
>>
>>388973061
>make sure your ammo evenly distributes
Why would you 'have' to do this
>>
>>388973381
You generally scavenge ammo in clusters, sometimes you'll get X and sometimes you'll get Y so if you use all your X you're just fucked if you're only collecting Y in the current area.
>>
>>388972534
>SoC demands modding.
no.
it's not 2007 anymore

>>388973061
glad I wasnt born with neither ADHD nor OCD
>>
>>388970321
I haven't played Shadow of Chernobyl in a long time, but I beat vanilla on master, as well as Complete. I've played Call of Pripyat, as well as Misery mod. My problem is never got around to playing Clear Sky, so what I wanted to do is start a trilogy playthrough.

What are the essential mods for vanilla SoC? I remember stuff like absolute nature and atmosfear.
>>
>>388972534
all 3 games are perfectly fine with latest patches. Also, you could juat give a few basic pointers about the gameplay, instead of spoiling part of the fun.
>>
>>388974431
>What are the essential mods for vanilla SoC?
nothing.
but if you MUST have mods, grab Starter Packs for all three. See: >>388971662
>>
>>388974681
I don't want any gameplay changing mods, I want to play the vanilla game. I'm just asking about texture and graphics tweaks.
>>
>>388974868
>>388974681
But I see that post answers all my questions, thanks
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.