[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

>we need to do something to honor our great friend who recently passed away
>how about we give him a cool cameo in the upcoming AAA game he spent the final part of his life working on?
>even better, how about we turn him into a paid pre-order DLC and exploit his passing by using it to jew our idiot customers out of a few more jewbux?
>brilliant!

Jesus fucking Christ, why is this allowed?
>>
>>388961420
Theyre giving profits to his family, at least those in USA idk
>>
>>388961810
Not in all states. They're intentionally trying to mislead consumers.
>>
>>388961810
They're keeping all the money from sales outside the US, as well as in several US states for some reason. And even from the sales that DO get included in this, they're still keeping 30%.

If they wanted to help, they'd give them all the money. The 30% thing is at least justifiable for tax reasons as well as Steam/Sony/Microsoft keeping a percentage of all sales, but excluding so many purchases outright reveals that they're only interested in the money and the token amount they're giving to his family is just a cheap attempt to make them look good.
>>
File: 1501430917368.png (389KB, 499x618px) Image search: [Google]
1501430917368.png
389KB, 499x618px
>>388961420
>Team wants to honor their lost member
>WB wants to make it a dlc and profit off death
>Only revenue from selected states will be donated

Whoa...really makes me preorder...
>>
>Lets not provide medical insurance or relief, let our employees die of cancer, and uses his corpse to make more money
Genius
>>
File: the evilest thing.gif (391KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
the evilest thing.gif
391KB, 500x362px
>>
just when you thought WB games couldn't be any shittier
>>
>>388962550
Thats a fairly large assumption. Not like good healthcare makes employees immortal.
>>
>>388961420
>Not the full $5 even though they can afford it with their million other DLC's
>Not in any country but the U.S
>Not even in every U.S state
>Not even advertising any of the above complaints beforehand

Even when actively trying to do a cool thing, WB manages to fuck it up. Literally worse than EA and Activision at this point.
>>
>>388963902
>Not even advertising any of the above complaints beforehand
They do mention it in the trailer. Very briefly, in tiny text, at the very end of the trailed.
>>
>>388963902
They're not fucking it up, they know exactly what they are doing.
>>
File: morgan_freeman.jpg (284KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
morgan_freeman.jpg
284KB, 750x500px
>>388961420
A genuine act of evil.
>>
>>388961420
the most hilarious thing is, people are actually defending this on steam.
>>
>>388961420

corporations will make money off their employees even after death
>>
File: 1312725926983.jpg (30KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
1312725926983.jpg
30KB, 288x499px
>>388961420
this is absolutely sickening
>>
>"honoring" your friend and coworker by making him paid DLC

what if he was a merchant and ripping suckers off with emotionally manipulative shilling is the way he wanted to be honored
>>
>>388962550
Guy had a yuppie profession and almost certainly made good money with great benefits.
>>
>>388964731
More like being a manipulated dummy for the corporations
>>
Holy fucking shit, talk about absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>388962376
It's 30% for steam dipshit
>>
>>388961420
remember that if you buy this game you support these kind of shit

too bad the game look good
>>
>>388961420
That is pretty fucking low.
And so incredibly stupid for them to do, who the fuck is gonna be encouraged to buy that from reading that?
>Give us your money because this guy died.
>We won't be giving the guys family the money of course we already made the guy 'immortal' in this DLC for game no one will even remember existed in years time.

his last words,
>I beg you to use my impending death as part of the marketing for the DLC for that game i forget the name of.
>PLEASE! the world must be given the opportunity to experience whatever this thing is at the low cost of 4.99 (local taxes may apply)
>Don't you understand ? shitty low effort paid DLC is key to immortality!
>>
>>388967056
>too bad the game look good
No, not really.
Looks about as shitty as the first one.
>>
>>388962070
>Not in all states.

Mostly because of those state laws not allowing them to treat all profits as charity when they get it to give to the family (meaning they would have to pay taxes on them as profits)
>>
>>388967323
the first one was good so i'm good,im sorry that you cant enjoy simple but decent games
>>
File: 1483034544632.gif (2MB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1483034544632.gif
2MB, 512x512px
>>388961420
These people are worst than Hillary.
>>
>>388967156
>>We won't be giving the guys family the money of course

That's literally what they're doing though. DLC costs $5, and in all but a few states where tax law fucks them they're giving $3.50 from each sale to the family. That's the 70% that WB gets from the sales while the storefront takes their usual 30%
>>
>>388967504
I'd be sorry for your shit taste, but considering you're giving money to these people, I'm not.
>>
I'll pick up Shadow of War in a vouple years. Had that retardedly long free period and managed to get the full achievement list for it. It was fun but really shallow. Nemesis system is still really neat. I had one orc/uruk/whatever keep cropping up and eventually the fucker was immune to almost everything, would sneak up on me and would chuck spears that would nearly tank my healthbar in a single hit. He looked fucking janky, too.
>>
>>388967619
i bought the first one for 3$ so i'm ok with that, also you sound like a raging faggot
>>
>>388967824
>Sneak up on me
I recently bought the game when it was ~$3 and I played through it, but I don't think I ever got ambushed. Were you just wandering? Did it play their little intro cutscene before he attacked?
>>
File: 1427549408894.jpg (20KB, 328x396px) Image search: [Google]
1427549408894.jpg
20KB, 328x396px
>>388967541
>worst than
>>
File: GsS9MWU.png (427KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
GsS9MWU.png
427KB, 514x662px
>>388968137
fugg
>>
Shadow of Mordor was a brainless but still entertaining game and Shadow of War looks to be more of the same. But those who pay full price for it or even pre-order it are just retarded, and all the bullshit with retailer-specific pre-order bonuses, microtransactions being added, and bullshit pre-order DLC like this is the very least those idiots deserve.
>>
>>388967940
Captains will attack you before saying anything. I had one guy do a triple volley of explosive arrows at me before making his introduction with a No Chance instant kill.
>>
>>388968514
I don't need to post my opinion now because you did it for me
>>388968559
Hmm, never happened to me but that's pretty cool. I think that I missed out on a fair amount of shit because of the way I played- I grinded out mind controlling every single captain until there weren't any hostile ones left, so after a while I stopped encountering them at all (except for my nemesis orc popping up occasionally)
>>
File: morgan.jpg (4KB, 149x178px) Image search: [Google]
morgan.jpg
4KB, 149x178px
>>388961420
>the joke from alpha centuri where the guy who got eaten by mind worms and has his identity sold to the corporation for marketing purposes is finally a reality

what a time to be alive.
>>
>>388961420
>blaming the Jews for your small penis
>>
>Didn't just make it free and hope the PR at least sells a few more copies
>Instead causes a shitstorm of PR that will lose sales
Good going WB.
>>
>>388961420
>make no money on sales for an entire third of the market
>muh jewbux
They could just as easily have dropped the dead coworker angle, pumped out a random character, and made more money just by virtue of the fact that it would balloon their market size.
>>
>>388969587
>>make no money on sales for an entire third of the market
???
>>
It seems like WB are the only ones that didn't get the message about consumers hating launch DLC and DLC in general right now. The rest of the industry has been trying to be as cool as possible with post release content, making it free or be a proper expansion, but WB continues to operate like it's back before gamers got consumer savy. It's too bad they have the Batman and the LOTR licenses, because with those slapped onto games they are basically immune to bad sales and will never learn their lesson.
>>
>>388969846
The base game sold over a third of its total copies in the US. Drop that down a bit to account for the states that have shitty charitable donation laws and you're still up around a third of the possible market for a DLC requiring said base game.
>>
>>388961420
>exploit his passing by using it to jew our idiot customers out of a few more jewbux?
That's not how it works, his name is a property of Monolith or Warner Brothers, unless he signed the contract telling otherwise (he didn't). If they want to sell something with his name on it they go to his family. His family signed the contract, they get the cut, Warner bros get their DLC with the name of the guy plastered on a DLC. You guys are fucking hilarious.
>>
>>388970292
>his name is NOT a property of Monolith or Warner Brothers
Fixed unless it wasn't clear from the rest of the message.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.