[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So with the benefit of hindsight, it was a pretty good game made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

So with the benefit of hindsight, it was a pretty good game made more immediately attractive by novelty and an IP that was generally loved right?
>>
>>388950681
it was a really bad open world game but zelda boosted it through the roof
>>
It's the biggest disappointment of the year but normies worship it because it's Zelda and open world.
>>
>>388950681
its ultimately an unfinished game. This game was probably in development hell for the 1st year and as a result they missed some deadlines and ultimately had to ask monolith for help. With the switch launch they went full on copy paste mode and just spammed koroks and shrines out the ass.
>>
>>388950681

horrible open world game with shite story, derivative boss fights, and 20 minute dungeons.

took all the bad parts of skyrim, and none of the good.
>>
>>388950681
It was pretty fun at first but all the magic was gone after the final beast. I still haven't defeated Ganon.
>>
It's one of the only good open-world games and a good Zelda game. About fucking time the formula got a shake-up.

I mean, what's better? Assassin's Creed? lmao
>>
>>388951505
Yes? If this game was shat out by any other AAA developer nobody would give it the time of day, let alone proclaim it as one of the best games of all time.
>>
File: 1500612139936.jpg (104KB, 1032x678px) Image search: [Google]
1500612139936.jpg
104KB, 1032x678px
>>388950938
I disagree. The world is actually pretty solid; shrines make exploring a rewarding experience with real benefits, and koroks puzzles are interesting and short enough to stay fresh. Not only that but most locations have memorable design and unique enemies or landscapes. Akkala for example seeming to be in a state of permanent autumn is cozy as hell.
I do wish however that the shops in towns had a greater variety of goods. As it is late game you really only need to buy food, weapons are exclusively obtained from lynels or hyrule castle. I also wish more towns had a tarrey town mechanic, whereby the player could upgrade the town from a starter level to a booming cityscape. I also think the decision to only have 4 dungeons, all of which are easy as fuck was maybe questionable. But desu most of my gripes have little to do with the world.
But i also like nintendo games so feel free to disagree with me senpai ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>388951630
>le n-n-n-n-nintendo bias

oh boy here we go
>>
>>388950681
Did exploration amazingly well by making interesting sights that can be seen from miles away. Interactivity was top notch too even though it's basically a bunch of Minecraft staples. I fully expect to chop down almost any random tree I want from now on in any high fantasy open world.

Everything else was flawed though. Food, combat, dungeons, castle, quests, UI, inventory, shrines, etc... All could have been done much better.
>>
>>388951769
Brands blind people from seeing flaws in their games. We've seen this countless times. BoTW is no different.
>>
I normally love Zelda, but absolutely hated every part of it. I sold it with around 10 hours played. I really can't believe they took the direction they did. It's the first time in years I've bought a game without research because it was Zelda. Except it really wasn't.
>>
>>388952170
OK

>>388952124
I'm with you on most of what you said but what's wrong with food and combat
>>
It's honestly on par with Skyward Sword for all the opposite reasons.
>>
>>388952309
Nothing is really 'wrong' with the combat, but what's good about it? Nothing, it's as bland as bland can be
>>
File: 1493520605596.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493520605596.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>388952597
>Nothing

well alright then
>>
>>388950681
Best game of all time easily
>>
>>388951769
>If I use the stuttering meme, that will invalidate everything people say. XD

Um, no sweetie. Nintendo fans have a very clear bias.
>>
>>388952821
If you disagree then argue, show that I am wrong
>>
>>388952908
>Um, no sweetie

lol

>>388952967
I asked you what's wrong and you said "nothing", what's left to argue
>>
>>388950681
I don't really have an attachment to the zelda franchise, I only really like 2 games of the lot I've played and even those are no where near my favorites, and BOTW is still one of my GOATs. Doesn't mean it's perfect or doesn't have flaws, but it's positives vastly outweigh it's negatives
>>
It's the funnest game I've ever played and that's all that matters.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.