[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone been docking their switch flat? >How is it going?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: C6i2Ahy.jpg (137KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
C6i2Ahy.jpg
137KB, 1440x810px
Anyone been docking their switch flat?

>How is it going?
>any damage to the usb connector?
>any heat issues?
>>
I don't have a switch (and won't until it gets some games) but as a layman that position looks a bit unnatural for the console
>>
>>388938391
Wouldn't that make the heat warp it even faster? It wouldn't be able to ventilate correctly.
>>
you screen is gonna pop off when the glue gets fried
i've gone through 2 switches and 3 screen protectors doing that shit
>>
You probably shouldn't do that
>>
>>388938604
it has a fan to push air out. its orientation doesnt really matter
>>
>>388938631
how does the glue get fried?

its probably no hotter than it would be when you hold it with your sweaty virgin hands
>>
>>388938604
Heat warp is not a thing. Warped consoles come out of the factory like that. The Switch would turn off way before it gets hot enough to bend its components/shell
>>
File: g7njq931mfgy__880.jpg (53KB, 880x495px) Image search: [Google]
g7njq931mfgy__880.jpg
53KB, 880x495px
>>388938631
>I've gone through two switches

do you mean you've gone through your dad's two switches, little boy?
>>
>>388938604
Heat warp is a giant meme. It never existed, and doesn't exist now. That one guy who posted a pic of his Switch "warped by the heat" had gotten it from the factory that way. Same with the dock scratching the screen. It only does that if you put the Switch in backwards and then force it.
>>
>>388938391
Having it next to the ps4 makes it look like the orientation is right, but that's probably not a good idea OP. I would stand it up as intended for now, you don't know if you're causing any damage to the screen by doing so.
>>
File: SSC_0058.jpg (1MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
SSC_0058.jpg
1MB, 1920x1280px
I might have to do that once I get one if it doesn't damage it, I don't think I have enough space to put it in my entertainment center.
>>
>>388938391
don't do this OP it makes mustard gas
>>
>>388939749
DRUMPF BTFO
>>
This seems like a bad idea not because of "heat warp" which I don't think happens but heat in general, considering the intake is on the back of the switch and you're essentially closing it off.

I don't think it would do any immediate damage but electronics need to breathe, man.
>>
The Switch getting super hot while docked is a normal thing? I thought it was just mine and that's why I rarely play docked.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.